watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Travel Problems This Morning

Started by Southcoastffc, November 02, 2019, 09:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Some Southern rail cancellations (including my line  :016:), 36mph winds, trees down.  Should calm down later but be wary and careful.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ScalleysDad

Same down here. Buses out already and the A30 and bottom end of the A303 bonkers. I have never had less confidence in our transport system simply manning up.

ScalleysDad

And right on time the cancellations start rolling in. Penzance to Plymouth closed, Dawlish closed so Exeter to Paddington virtually at a standstill and the trundle line, Exeter Central to Waterloo about to close in sections, I think the 11am service has been cancelled so those going up from Yeovil onwards are screwed.
Twenty five quid for the ticket aside common sense will have to prevail and I shall be walking the dog in the wind under a shower of leaves.
Good luck everybody.

Roberty

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 02, 2019, 09:26:20 AM
And right on time the cancellations start rolling in. Penzance to Plymouth closed, Dawlish closed so Exeter to Paddington virtually at a standstill and the trundle line, Exeter Central to Waterloo about to close in sections, I think the 11am service has been cancelled so those going up from Yeovil onwards are screwed.
Twenty five quid for the ticket aside common sense will have to prevail and I shall be walking the dog in the wind under a shower of leaves.
Good luck everybody.

Don't forget to claim back the cost of your train tickets - you can do it online - search delay repay and find your train company
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Roberty on November 02, 2019, 10:06:52 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 02, 2019, 09:26:20 AM
Good luck everybody.

Don't forget to claim back the cost of your train tickets - you can do it online - search delay repay and find your train company

I have quite a good relationship with the ticket office at St Davids as not many ask for a return to Waterloo via Clapham and Putney so that will be fine. It will be chaos down there now as replacement buses have nowhere to line up.

sarnian

Just returned from airport. Our 10.20 flight to Gatwick has been disrupted by the weather and not flying before 1pm so too late to get to the game. Flights cost £350.00 for 2 because of half term, but luckily allowed me to rebook for the Middlesbrough game inJanuary. Knowing our luck Sky will now probably change it to the Friday night.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: sarnian on November 02, 2019, 11:25:56 AM
Just returned from airport. Our 10.20 flight to Gatwick has been disrupted by the weather and not flying before 1pm so too late to get to the game. Flights cost £350.00 for 2 because of half term, but luckily allowed me to rebook for the Middlesbrough game inJanuary. Knowing our luck Sky will now probably change it to the Friday night.

Blimey. I was miffed because a train journey that starts virtually on my doorstep was cancelled so fair play to you. You can go on the matchday thread now and strap yourself in. It is at times more turbulent than a bumpy flight.

sarnian

How glad I am now that the force 10 winds stopped me flying to the game