watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker supporters gone very quiet ....

Started by howitis, November 02, 2019, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Several posters who have had doubts about Parker's ability to get the best out of this squad have been shouted down and abused on this forum since the start of the season. Perhaps now they will finally realise that things are not right and hold up their hands ...

We Are Premier League

filham

Well I hope we were all Parker supporters at the beginning of the season and will continue to be as long as he is our manager. I certainly am as I am sure he is doing his best.
Just wish he would change his tactics to give us a more direct style, surely he must see that if we continue in this manner there will be more teams that are going to achieve just what Hull managed today.

ron

I was taken to task earlier in the season for suggesting that the club coaching ethos seems to be "Just keep possession, and all will come good".

It so won't!!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: howitis on November 02, 2019, 10:26:14 PM
Several posters who have had doubts about Parker's ability to get the best out of this squad have been shouted down and abused on this forum since the start of the season. Perhaps now they will finally realise that things are not right and hold up their hands ...

I supported his appointment following the train wreck of last season and continùe to do so with three key caveats. The owner wanted it, the Club apparently needed it after being broken for the second time in five years and we were never going to set this league alight this time round, we are not good enough yet, so why not go for a rebuild with proper foundations. I have never shouted anybody down or thrown out any abuse, in truth I feel the Parker out brigade are more likely to do that but I do agree getting the best out of this squad is taking longer than I thought it would.

Lighthouse

What a load of tosh. When fans have differing opinions then other fans will disagree. I think as far as abuse and being shouted down is concerned. Every time I have made a comment which wasn't popular with the clique then posters gang up and want to have their say. It is just par for the coarse. If you are scared of being shouted down or want to wave your opinion about hating a player or coach every time we lose. Good luck to you. But  when we win some clown will say the Parker Haters are quiet tonight.

Too many of our fans want to sack everybody and have a go when things go wrong. It's football and it happens. But after every bad display we just end up wanting to sack the manager. As if that is the answer to everything.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 02, 2019, 10:48:55 PM
we were never going to set this league alight this time round, we are not good enough yet, so why not go for a rebuild with proper foundations

No idea how anyone can hold this view with all due respect

Our entire front 4 are probably among the 10-20 best players to have graced the division in the last decade. You could reasonably claim a good seven or so of our starting XI are the best in the division in their respective positions. We were the second favourites for promotion this year, and I suspect would have been the favourites were it not for Leeds having a more highly-regarded manager and more settled team. On paper, Championship teams do not come much, if any, better than what we have this season.

It is absolutely 100% guaranteed that we will not be any better, or even this good, next season, or any other season in the near future once FFP kicks in and our parachute payments stop.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Statto on November 02, 2019, 11:13:50 PM
we were never going to set this league alight this time round, we are not good enough yet, so why not go for a rebuild with proper foundations

Our entire front 4 are probably among the 10-20 best players to have graced the division in the last decade. You could reasonably claim a good seven or so of our starting XI are the best in the division in their respective positions. We were the second favourites for promotion this year, and I suspect would have been the favourites were it not for Leeds having a more highly-regarded manager and more settled team. On paper, Championship teams do not come much, if any, better than what we have this season.

It is absolutely 100% guaranteed that we will not be any better, or even this good, next season, or any other season in the near future once FFP kicks in and our parachute payments stop.

Well I do. The numbers have been rolled out before, at least twice I think, and 'on paper' does'nt count, being hailed as favourites by bookies and punters before a ball is kicked also does' nt count and seven of the best positional players now and four of the best strikers over the last decade is surely a tad optimistic. I will hold onto my view, a consistent one, until I am convinced otherwise which got off to a poor start as I could'nt get to seven and had three better players than Cairney on current averages.

Spirit of 2000

Bang on the money. Highest wage bill and one of the most talented squads in the division being horribly mis-managed by Parker

Sgt Fulham

Cairney would walk into the starting 11 of every single team in this league, as would Mitro, Cav, and Knockaert.

@jolslover

+1 +1
STH H3

RaySmith

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 02, 2019, 11:11:15 PM
What a load of tosh. When fans have differing opinions then other fans will disagree. I think as far as abuse and being shouted down is concerned. Every time I have made a comment which wasn't popular with the clique then posters gang up and want to have their say. It is just par for the coarse. If you are scared of being shouted down or want to wave your opinion about hating a player or coach every time we lose. Good luck to you. But  when we win some clown will say the Parker Haters are quiet tonight.

Too many of our fans want to sack everybody and have a go when things go wrong. It's football and it happens. But after every bad display we just end up wanting to sack the manager. As if that is the answer to everything.

0001.jpeg

Parker is our manager: a new , young manager, so  should be supported, like any Fulham manager, but that doesn't mean he is faultless. But these days, there seems  to be no room for any kind of fallibility - but everyone is fallible and was weaknesses, and strengths.

I don't think  to sack the manager now would necessarily solve anything, in fact, on past experience, things could get worse.

But everyone's entitled to their point of view - that's what debate is about isn't it?  discussing  different the pro's and con's of differing points of view.
Or are we now unable to accept that someone else's view might be different  from ours, or that most things aren't black and white, but shades of grey. :016:

Statto

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 02, 2019, 11:31:42 PM
Well I do. The numbers have been rolled out before, at least twice I think, and 'on paper' does'nt count, being hailed as favourites by bookies and punters before a ball is kicked also does' nt count and seven of the best positional players now and four of the best strikers over the last decade is surely a tad optimistic. I will hold onto my view, a consistent one, until I am convinced otherwise which got off to a poor start as I could'nt get to seven and had three better players than Cairney on current averages.

You are of course entitled to your own view but it should be noted that you are effectively saying you are right and the national body of sports fans, experts, pundits etc. are all wrong

A bit like climate change denial

FFC1987

I Was labelled a few times as exaggerating, and belittled for suggesting Parker wasn't the one, but always said I'd support him at the helm. I don't think its helpful to rub the noses in though as, at the end of the day, we're all hurting, left frustrated and clearly want whats best for the club. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but surely, even for the most optimistic, between the appointment of Parker and the rich squad he's inherited, we can all agree he's so far proven to be not up to the task. He needs to go before we're so far removed from the pack. Just so we're clear, after the following fixtures, Hull (Home below mid table) , Boro (Away, bottom 3) Luton, (Home, bottom 4) Stoke (Away, bottom) and Charlton (Home, mid table) we now find ourselves increasingly behind in 8th with 5 points behind top 2 and 2 points from playoffs in a  large pack, playing some really lacklustre frustrating football with on paper, much tougher fixtures ahead.

Long story short, sorry Parker, you need to learn your trade elsewhere before stepping up to this league. Its not your fault, its the people who gambled on you in the first place.

colinwhite

Parker is rightly getting criticised after a very poor performance ,but that doesnt mean I agree with some people spouting out post after negative post when all they  achieve is to illuminate their own poor understanding of the game. I want parker to succeed as he is manager of our great club. Some people want him to fail because they dont like him and then can say "i told you so ".

Twig

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 02, 2019, 11:45:56 PM
Cairney would walk into the starting 11 of every single team in this league, as would Mitro, Cav, and Knockaert.

Knock? Really. Then how come he's still a journeyman?

I supported the Parker appointment but accepted his inexperience was a risk.  But so too can be appointing an experienced manager (I'll never forget Madgath).  I also respect those who felt it was the wrong appointment. Both legitimate views.

Where I am puzzled is when I keep reading that Parker is failing to get the best out of such a very fine squad. Our back four is weak, we need a top keeper, we have too many loan players, we have no cover and no alternative to Mitro up front, Sess has not stepped up the way we hoped, etc. And yet I keep being told what a wonderful squad we have. Yes it's a decent squad but it's unbalanced, certainly not good enough to expect to be automatic top four.

Parker's tactics are questionable and some of his selection decisions have on occasion been poor, plus he doesn't seem to be adapting fast enough. All of which are legitimate criticisms but if the squad is as good as some people insist then they should be taking a long hard look at themselves. But I think we look at this squad through slightly rose tinted specs.

colinwhite

Moltobueno

Parker in! Still confident and enjoying our possession play. Topic starter - Good attempt to start a flamewar although.

toshes mate

A squad is a squad.  Turning it into a team that wins leagues is something else entirely.  Teams play for one another and supporters enjoy the appearance of camaraderie on the pitch and off of it.  There is no need to criticise a team that may not win every game but does at least promise that it is working towards doing just that.  This squad isn't winning games (one in last five) and I don't see answers to the question 'why is that the case' on this forum or anywhere else, only statements alluding to the fact that owning the football doesn't matter much when a opponent can see it for twenty minutes or so and put enough goals beyond you to conclusively win a game.  I see the problem as being both the coaching team and the playing squad and what bothers me is the resolution of both those issues is hard to see in the current climate within the Club.     

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Statto on November 03, 2019, 12:03:17 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 02, 2019, 11:31:42 PM

You are of course entitled to your own view but it should be noted that you are effectively saying you are right and the national body of sports fans, experts, pundits etc. are all wrong

A bit like climate change denial

On the first point yes on the second no. We recycle everything and upcycle everything we can't recycle.