watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great Win but no Mitro against QPR

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 09, 2019, 05:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Scott Parker reassured us right? We have defenders to make up for not scoring 5 goals a game. Can anyone find and post the thread about Fossey, S. Sess being enough etc and no need to spend on defenders?

It's not our attacking options to be worried about.

Mince n Tatties

Get the goal machine in the under 19's to lead the
line against them, Lisa Stansfield.

toshes mate

Possibly our most meaningful win so fair this season in terms of circumstances and issues to overcome.  Good sides can and do win games like this one and the important thing is to achieve it however it can be achieved.  Even with the break we face another set of problems against our neighbours next match and it is important that the forces that drove out our opponents yesterday are the ones we look towards for this game too.  Great leadership performance from Mitro despite the card.  Special mention for Christie for taking the opportunity to show he can do a worthwhile job in this side.  Hope he retains his place.  Reid works so hard to fit in and show what he can do I am banking on him to get a goal or two in the next couple of games.

Parker may still be standing at the edge of a precipice but perhaps the gap from the edge is a little wider than before. 

fulhamben

Gutting to not have mitro available but This is not the end of the world. We have had games where mitro seems like a bit of a passanger, so this will at least give us a proper look at a plan b from the offset. I have every confidence in bobby and ak to lead the line and give us a different dimension, that will not only win us the game but also bode well for the rest of the season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JEEVES

Quote from: The Rock on November 10, 2019, 02:39:20 AM
Scott Parker reassured us right? We have defenders to make up for not scoring 5 goals a game. Can anyone find and post the thread about Fossey, S. Sess being enough etc and no need to spend on defenders?

It's not our attacking options to be worried about.

CB is still the most needed position before a RB! At least we have options at right back. Our starting 2 centre backs are both more comfortable playing LCB and then the only back up CB we have is MLM who's useless and also and LCB. Cannot wait for Michael Hector to come in.

KJS

I think it may be a good thing as it's the type of game Mitro could have seen red and we would lose him then for 3 games

bahay18

bobby reid caused us all sorts of problems playing through the middle for bristol and cardiff . Different sort of threat and a front 3 of cav,knocky and reid can rotate positions . AK can easily fill that void as well .

SP

Probably fortunate Harlee-Dean was suspended, they'd had a real battle.

bornafulhamfan

I would put Bobby in the no 9 role and have Taylor-Crossdale on the bench. Then if we have a good result, I would give Taylor-Crossdale a chance

Twig

Think I'd start with Cav, Knock and Reid and AK on the bench. That way AK could potentially come on if we wanted to sub off any of those three; he could play through the middle, replace Knock on the right or Cav comes off with Knock swapping sides and AK coming on. It provides versatile cover.

G_Gribby

What are qpr's weaknesses? I have no knowledge of that club this season.

:023:
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

ealex40

I've always enjoyed Kebano's efforts when he gets the chance. Wouldn't hurt to have him available as a sub, if AK doesn't work out.

Jim©

Pretty sure we've got a few that have both played in that role and scored a few whilst doing so.
AK played CF for a couple of months prior to Mitro signing in 2018 and was on a hot scoring streak (6 in 5 was it?)
Cav played CF for Wolves quite a lot last season with an ok return too.
And as mentioned Bobby DR has played that role against us perhaps 3 times for Cardiff/Bristol and scored almost every time.

Whilst I'd prefer to have Mitro, we've got very good quality players to step into that role...

toshes mate

I liked the way Kamara imposed himself against the opposition on Saturday and Camp was lucky to get a little touch on the shot that nicked the inside of the post.  I also think Decordova-Reid is close to opening his account and has the artistry and skill to be a threat against anyone.  I enjoyed the way we used the adversity of a good few problems on Saturday to fashion a good team effort and I hope that carries over to our local derby when a set of new problems will need to be negotiated.  Adversity is the time when a team shows its real character. 

hovewhite

Mitro or no mitro we will still beat the ha ha s

..FOF..

A great headache for Parker if whoever is replacing Mitro scores a hat trick.

Riversider

Quote from: G_Gribby on November 11, 2019, 06:24:02 AM
What are qpr's weaknesses? I have no knowledge of that club this season.

:023:

Their defence is all over the place , very little coordination between any of them, with Mitro out and us having a more mobile than normal frontline this could actually work in our favour,
Apart from Eze they don't really have much in midfield certainly nowhere near as strong as ours , this is an area of the pitch that we can really dominate,
Upfront they are a real handful, Wells and Hugill will cause us problems, but if we dominate midfield then hopefully we can limit their threat.

junior white

AK for me, Bobby R looks shot right now in front of goal.

QPR from what I have seen look very slow at centre back, he should roast them if that's right. He looked good last weekend and only a good save stopped him scoring