watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR pre match build up

Started by Riversider, November 12, 2019, 12:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Stefan Johansen hasn't been called up for the Norwegian squad after Norway and Fulham came to an agreement to rest his injury for a couple of weeks, hopefully this is good news for us and Steff Jo will be on top of his game against QPR,
Tim Ream has been called up by the U.S squad  for the games against Canada and Cuba , if the U.S fail to beat Canada then they can no longer qualify from their group, I'm hoping that if that happens then Ream would jump on a plane and make himself available for the QPR game rather than head to a meaningless game against Cuba , a team they have already put 7 past,
Can't find any mention of Bobby Reid being called up to the Jamaican squad, for some reason info is scarce on that squad,
We need some positive news now on Bryan, Cairney and Arter to give us greater options, as with Mitrovic,  Ream and possibly Bobby Reid missing we've got some seriously big holes to plug.

filham

Yes, we have selection problems against QPR and I guess Parker wants them sorted as soon as possible.

Mitro is out, no doubts about that, and I think we have a direct replacement with Kamara, it could work out well.

There have been no reports on Bryan but that injury looked serious and it will be a surpise if he returns quickly

Cairney, we have no idea what is wrong but it looks as if the midfield could be the sama as against Birmingham.

The big problem could be in the back four without Ream.

Riversider

Half time score
USA 3 Canada 0
Which basically means Tim Ream is very likely to be missing against QPR , if Canada had got a win or a draw then the final USA game would have been meaningless and there would have been an outside chance that Ream might have jumped on a plane and returned for QPR, cant see it happening now.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on November 16, 2019, 01:02:39 AM
Half time score
USA 3 Canada 0
Which basically means Tim Ream is very likely to be missing against QPR , if Canada had got a win or a draw then the final USA game would have been meaningless and there would have been an outside chance that Ream might have jumped on a plane and returned for QPR, cant see it happening now.
Oh dear that means Bryan and Ream probably be missing from our back four. So:-

Christie         Le Marchand       Mawson         Odoi. -  does not look too strong  but Parker had best get them working together right away in the hope of developing some understanding by Friday.

The Rational Fan

SP

I wonder who the halftime pitch guest will be, Lee Cook perhaps?

Andy S

Riversider

A little bit of positive news, Nahkhi Wells is in the Bermuda squad to play in Mexico next Wednesday,  meaning that the earliest he can possibly be back in England is next Thursday the day before the game, would be a big boost for us if he came back tired .

Asotosyios

Perhaps they will rest Ream against Cuba if it's such an easy game.

love4ffc

Quote from: Asotosyios on November 16, 2019, 04:08:19 PM
This would be my wish. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Riversider

They beat them 7 nil in the home game, surely the U.S have got a young centre half that they want to give some game time to, but maybe a couple of days in The Cayman Islands is too good to pass up for Tim, cant really blame him.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Riversider on November 18, 2019, 03:35:57 AM

They beat them 7 nil in the home game, surely the U.S have got a young centre half that they want to give some game time to, but maybe a couple of days in The Cayman Islands is too good to pass up for Tim, cant really blame him.

There is no magic partnership going on between Ream and Mawson, trying another center-back partnership, either Odoi-Mawson or MLM-Mawson, is exactly what this team needs. Besides what's wrong with MLM as a player, the cold hard facts are that the team did better in the EPL last season when MLM played (0.88 points per game) compared to when MLM didn't play (0.25 points per game).

Riversider

Bobby Reid played 65 minutes this morning against Guyana , unfortunately Bobby failed to score again.

Jim©

Quote from: Riversider on November 19, 2019, 08:17:12 AM
Bobby Reid played 65 minutes this morning against Guyana , unfortunately Bobby failed to score again.

He was playing against Keanu Marsh-Brown, of course once of FFC and a highly rated youngster.
I see that "In September 2019 Marsh-Brown attracted criticism from Newport manager Michael Flynn, who alleged the player had not informed the club of his participation in Guyana's CONCACAF Nations League games against Aruba and Jamaica.Flynn now says Marsh-Brown is not part of the side's plans, though the player had continued to train for the side until travelling for international duty.Marsh-Brown insists the club was told on August 20 and "vehemently denies" not informing Flynn. His mother shared an email with the South Wales Argus allegedly sent from Guyana's General Secretary Rennella Bourne to Newport County, indicating notification of the absence, but the email was dated for the previous year's international duty."

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Jim© on November 19, 2019, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: Riversider on November 19, 2019, 08:17:12 AM

He was playing against Keanu Marsh-Brown, of course once of FFC and a highly rated youngster.
I see that "In September 2019 Marsh-Brown attracted criticism from Newport manager Michael Flynn, who alleged the player had not informed the club of his participation in Guyana's CONCACAF Nations League games against Aruba and Jamaica.Flynn now says Marsh-Brown is not part of the side's plans, though the player had continued to train for the side until travelling for international duty.Marsh-Brown insists the club was told on August 20 and "vehemently denies" not informing Flynn. His mother shared an email with the South Wales Argus allegedly sent from Guyana's General Secretary Rennella Bourne to Newport County, indicating notification of the absence, but the email was dated for the previous year's international duty."

His Mother's twitter account is quite something. A lot of 'libel' accusations on there when I stumbled upon it the other day.

Chutney

Sess Mawson KMac Odoi - The best possible defence we can put out. Really emphasises how much our transfer guys failed us over the summer, absolutely 0 cover.
C O Y W

Dr Quinzel

We did need wingers, but moreso the defence needed addressing and wasn't.

I don't know if K-Mac needs to be ahead of MLM at centre half, as much as I don't rate MLM.

Statto

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on November 19, 2019, 10:20:47 AM
I don't know if K-Mac needs to be ahead of MLM at centre half, as much as I don't rate MLM.

I think for some it's

footballer + tall = centre back

Sting of the North

Quote from: Chutney on November 19, 2019, 10:18:24 AM
Sess Mawson KMac Odoi - The best possible defence we can put out. Really emphasises how much our transfer guys failed us over the summer, absolutely 0 cover.

That is most likely not the best we can put out even at the moment, in a worst case scenario. Christie is also available, as may Bryan, Ream and/or MLM be since we haven't gotten any updates as far as I know. Also, "absolutely 0 cover" would of course mean that we have only 4 defenders, which is not the case. But take out 4  first team defenders from any championship team, and it's not looking great probably. The fact that you can still put out a defense is really contradicting your (obviously incorrect) conclusion.

Riversider

Joe Bryan appears in the training photos, great news if he makes it  049:gif
Hammersmith End virtually sold out, but still a couple of hundred available in The Johnny Haynes Stand.