watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ibrahimovic for player manager anybody?

Started by Stef 73, November 14, 2019, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stef 73

Seriously though why don't teams have player managers anymore like in the 70s and 80s?

Steven Ageroad

Because they found out quickly that it did not work.

Stef 73

Stef 73

Rangers is probably a better example with souness

gang

Quote from: Stef 73 on November 14, 2019, 04:57:09 PM
Worked for liverpool

Liverpool always had a system of promoting from inside that proved successful.

Dr Quinzel

BarryP

Lord no, he would probably try to play himself in all eleven positions because no one else could play them like Zlatan.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Barrett487

love4ffc

Don't think Parker, the team or us fans could handle his ego.  He just declared that he conquered LA even though during his time there they won absolutely nothing. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

He would never be able to fit his swollen head through any of the doors at Motspur Park or Craven Cottage.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

If he wants to be player-manager, then he should offer his services for free and i am sure Wigan would consider him.

junior white

kompany tried it with anderlecht this season, after 10 games he gave up control to concentrate on the playing side. The way football is these days, pressures for success, it's hard enough doing one job let alone 2

MikeW

Quote from: junior white on November 14, 2019, 11:34:17 PM
kompany tried it with anderlecht this season, after 10 games he gave up control to concentrate on the playing side. The way football is these days, pressures for success, it's hard enough doing one job let alone 2

I hadn't clocked that Kompany had stepped down but did notice that a Simon Davies was head coach..  This bloke has hardly operated outside the Welsh Leagues .... seems a hell of a step up to manage Anderlecht!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

MisfitKid

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2019, 08:47:59 PM
He would never be able to fit his swollen head through any of the doors at Motspur Park or Craven Cottage.

I was thinking the same...  He could enter from the Riverside side...  :005:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Fulham 442

Quote from: BarryP on November 14, 2019, 06:25:34 PM
Lord no, he would probably try to play himself in all eleven positions because no one else could play them like Zlatan.
😂

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MisfitKid on November 15, 2019, 08:20:12 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2019, 08:47:59 PM

I was thinking the same...  He could enter from the Riverside side...  :005:

I actually have a rowing boat available, but I would be concerned that the weight of his head would sink the boat. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.