watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Patrick Thistle

Started by Dodgin, November 21, 2019, 08:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Euromillions winner Colin Weir is buying the club and then handing it back to the supporters.

Mince n Tatties

RaySmith

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 21, 2019, 08:39:04 AM
Good for him.
0001.jpeg

The Jags have always had a reputation as  friendly family club, a refuge for neutral fans from the sectarianism of  the Old Firm.

I have  seen Fulham play there in a friendly, when i lived in Glasgow, and i stood on my own in the crowd shouting for Fulham with no trouble at all.
It was a draw by the way, with Collins John scoring for us.

I remember Jerome Bonnisell in one of his few, impressive, appearances as Left back, with Moritz Voltz  as RB.  Billy McKinley also played - one of only two appearances  as a Fulham player I think - he was mostly worked as a coach for club.

peter w

Most football fan's dream. Win a huge amount and buy a smallish club that you like.

I'd go for a smallish midlands club or Croydon FC, not Croydon Athletic mind, although they wear the far more beautiful colours.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: peter w on November 21, 2019, 08:51:51 AM
Most football fan's dream. Win a huge amount and buy a smallish club that you like.

I'd go for a smallish midlands club or Croydon FC, not Croydon Athletic mind, although they wear the far more beautiful colours.

The mighty Tooting n Mitcham in my case,have them in the premier in ten years.😁

Russianrob

Also at that match but unfortunately stuck behind an animal Arsenal supporter who swore loudly,an ignorant beast from London

bog

A great story. Good luck to them and him.

092.gif   

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

colinwhite

The jags have always been Glasgows Fulham . Produced many a good player too.

Bill2

Quote from: Dodgin on November 21, 2019, 08:23:36 AM
Euromillions winner Colin Weir is buying the club and then handing it back to the supporters.
Can they afford to run it?

filham

I have always said that winning more than a million would bring a load of problems to the winner.

What better solution than buying your favourite small football club.

SG

Quote from: colinwhite on November 21, 2019, 10:38:08 AM
The jags have always been Glasgows Fulham . Produced many a good player too.

Always had a soft spot for them after reading articles about them several years back. Constant struggle in the shadow of the bigger Glasgow clubs. Great to see a positive outcome for them and great to see a lottery winner doing this. I think he won £167m so it is probably loose change to him !

Burt

Saw them last Saturday as part of a lads long beer 'n' curry weekend in Glasgow. We took in Stenhousemuir v. Partick in the cup. They won out comfortable 4-1 winners. Surprised to see that Kenny Miller was still plying his trade, he was probably the classiest one on the pitch, lasted the full 90, in fact he scored the last one just before the final whistle.

davew

Never heard of Patrick Thistle?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham1959

Quote from: davew on November 21, 2019, 07:56:38 PM

He's Irish - and a bit prickly.

Logicalman

Quote from: davew on November 21, 2019, 07:56:38 PM

.. then you have not lived, my son!  :54:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jims Dentist

Good luck to them.

Although do they have  FFP that far north?🤔

Mince n Tatties

Colin Weir has died just two months after him buying the club and handing it over to the fans.RIP.

Dodgin

RaySmith