watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cavaliero, Knockhaert, Bobby Reid, Kamara

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, November 21, 2019, 11:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Time for these 4 to step up Friday night, no Mitro, so a chance for them to shine. Without Mitro, I still feel we've enough to beat QPR, but players like Bobby Reid need to start finding the back of the net.

Without Mitro, we've also the chance to change our style a bit, we can hit QPR with pace, as they've a slow defence, that hasn't kept a clean sheet all season.

Personally, I'd start Reid up top through the middle, then introduce Kamara later on, but we'll have to wait and see.

colinwhite

Moltobueno

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on November 21, 2019, 11:54:28 PM
they've a slow defence, that hasn't kept a clean sheet all season.

We all know what that means  :62:

Oakeshott

"that hasn't kept a clean sheet all season"

That's bad news. How often do teams on a bad run, or a stat. like that, seem to get back on track against us. Fingers crossed that this won't be such an occasion.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Oakeshott on November 22, 2019, 07:19:22 AM

That's bad news. How often do teams on a bad run, or a stat. like that, seem to get back on track against us. Fingers crossed that this won't be such an occasion.
Quote from: Oakeshott on November 22, 2019, 07:19:22 AM

their midfield and defence really struggle against Pace.So I would start Kamara

filham

So, their defence hasn't kept a clean sheet all season and Reid hasn't scored all season. Think I would start with  Kamara who has strength and pace and must be raring to go.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: filham on November 22, 2019, 09:20:35 AM
So, their defence hasn't kept a clean sheet all season and Reid hasn't scored all season. Think I would start with  Kamara who has strength and pace and must be raring to go.

Based on Kamaras previous appearances, and indeed based on his previous, actually starting with Kamara could be high risk. An early yellow through his 'exuberance' and another through his woeful acting skills puts us on the back foot. He may have calmed down, he might have had the quiet talking to but last twenty for me and start with Reid.
I think it will be more about the service into the box and taking the quoted "old and slow" defence on so big night for Cav and Knockhart as well.

Maidstone Lee

Reid to start and maybe introduce Kamara later...(maybe).
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

filham

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 22, 2019, 10:42:25 AM
Quote from: filham on November 22, 2019, 09:20:35 AM

Based on Kamaras previous appearances, and indeed based on his previous, actually starting with Kamara could be high risk. An early yellow through his 'exuberance' and another through his woeful acting skills puts us on the back foot. He may have calmed down, he might have had the quiet talking to but last twenty for me and start with Reid.
I think it will be more about the service into the box and taking the quoted "old and slow" defence on so big night for Cav and Knockhart as well.
Parker has now had four months to work on Kamara and by now he should have eliminated that silly wild streak that is responsible for the definite red card risk.

If this is not the case and if that risk is still there then really Kamara is no use to us and he should not be in the squad but should be on the transfer list.

Sting of the North

Kamara has 1 red card in about 60 apperances.... why is this even a discussion point? It's the same as all the uninformed people complaining about Mitro or Johansen. Get over it.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 22, 2019, 07:21:41 PM
Kamara has 1 red card in about 60 apperances.... why is this even a discussion point? It's the same as all the uninformed people complaining about Mitro or Johansen. Get over it.

No not really. Even in his recent nine minute cameo appearances he has been on that fine line with those horrible dives, unpunished, and a bit of reckless 'afters' also unpunished. Therefore at the time of the post and replies it was an informed opinion. As it turns out he has been a beast tonight so as suggested, in another informed post, perhaps SP has got him to settle down and we will see him perform consistently better.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 22, 2019, 09:36:16 PM

No not really. Even in his recent nine minute cameo appearances he has been on that fine line with those horrible dives, unpunished, and a bit of reckless 'afters' also unpunished. Therefore at the time of the post and replies it was an informed opinion. As it turns out he has been a beast tonight so as suggested, in another informed post, perhaps SP has got him to settle down and we will see him perform consistently better.

Yes, all those unpunished incidents have really cost us... i change my mind, hopefully he is kept out of the side going forward, so we don't need to suffer any almost yellow card incidents going forward. My bad, it was an informed assessment based on almost real occurrences.

Statto

And it was overturned on appeal, so technically it's zero red cards in about 60 appearances.

I've heard this comment about him being a "red card risk" on here before and with all due respect it's one of those silly, absolutely baseless pieces of fake news that gets oxygen because no one bothers thinking about it for a moment before repeating it 

:doh:

davew

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 22, 2019, 09:36:16 PM

Whatever, is it necessary to have this discussion, he was a major reason why we got 3 points this evening! He might only possibly perform consistently better if he is given more opportunities to play, something he really hasn´t had before.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Robbie

So, it all turned out well then. Mitro will be worried.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Robbie on November 22, 2019, 10:46:07 PM
So, it all turned out well then. Mitro will be worried.

He did well but that's a bit far.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Statto on November 22, 2019, 10:42:21 PM

And it was overturned on appeal, so technically it's zero red cards in about 60 appearances.

I've heard this comment about him being a "red card risk" on here before and with all due respect it's one of those silly, absolutely baseless pieces of fake news that gets oxygen because no one bothers thinking about it for a moment before repeating it 

:doh:

At the point the topic was raised it was relevant. Kamara had amassed about ninety minutes all season before last night and in that time he was the subject of derision, outcry and concern in about equal measure. Again at the time the topic was raised the prospect of Kamara starting in a feisty game against the neighbours, under lights and on the tele with some pressure on him to fill some very big boots had more than a hint of risk if he got wound up as he does. The option being discussed was to start with Reid, play him until he dropped and bring Kamara on to run what had been quoted as "an old and tired defence" ragged.
As it turned out he was immense and Reid had an impact as well. Double quids in. Post match there are posts offering praise and support as it's due. Nothing baseless, no fake news.
The key point for me, evidenced by being shown live on the tele so not made up, is the support Kamara got from his team mates. Bodes well. Not made up or fake.

Skatzoffc

Good points on here.

Let's just hope this is the new start he needs and he keeps his head.

If he plays more,  poss in a 442 with Mitro and gets into the team ethic, he will go from strength to strength.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !