watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight

Started by Peabody, November 22, 2019, 04:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Won't be going tonight, going to a Neil Diamond thing at the bowls club. We playing on the a Saturday when I booked ND but Sky intervened. Anyway, good luck tonight lads

Fernhurst

Mr P!!!! who the heck are you going to get to do the "just got back" thread??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

sunburywhite

Neil Diamond playing at your golf club?

Sweet Caroline, how he has fallen
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

davew

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 22, 2019, 04:26:25 PM
Neil Diamond playing at your golf club?

Sweet Caroline, how he has fallen
Thought Peabody said his bowls club?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

sunburywhite

Sorry, it was the shock of how far Neil had fallen
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

L.A.'s fine, the sun shines most the time
And the feeling is "lay back"
Palm trees grow and rents are low
But you know I keep thinkin' about
Making my way back

sunburywhite

Where it began, I can't begin to knowing
But then I know it's growing strong
Was in the spring
Then spring became the summer
Who'd have believed you'd come along
Hands, touching hands
Reaching out, touching me, touching you

filham

I can't get to the Cottage tonight due to a back problem so will miss Peabody's report.
I joined Fulham TV and understood that some of our non Saturday matches were to be shown live , I note from the OFAL that tonight's game is not available.

sunburywhite

Quote from: filham on November 22, 2019, 05:17:44 PM
I can't get to the Cottage tonight due to a back problem so will miss Peabody's report.
I joined Fulham TV and understood that some of our non Saturday matches were to be shown live , I note from the OFAL that tonight's game is not available.

Its on Sky

We should give Neil Diamond a chance to get back to the big time and let him do the half time entertainment

Peabody

Giggle giggle....you know what I mean

Steven Ageroad

If it's on Sky it will be on NOW TV, price £9.99.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 22, 2019, 06:31:30 PM
If it's on Sky it will be on NOW TV, price £9.99.

Are they showing Neil Diamond at Peabodys bowls club then?

YankeeJim

Quote from: sunburywhite on November 22, 2019, 05:11:49 PM
L.A.'s fine, the sun shines most the time
And the feeling is "lay back"
Palm trees grow and rents are low
But you know I keep thinkin' about
Making my way back

I can assure you, rents are certainly not low.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

sunburywhite

So, how was Neil Diamond?

All joking apart I saw a lovely documentary about him a while ago. He has Parkinsons so struggles a bit but has a wonderful wife and family supporting him

After half a century on the stage he declared in Jan 2018, just as he was about to begin the third leg of his 50th anniversatry tour he announced on Monday that he's retiring from touring due to a recent Parkinson's disease diagnosis.

In a statement posted on his website, the singer said that while he will no longer perform live, he will continue to write and record for "a long time to come."

"It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring. I have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years," Diamond said in the statement. "My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows."