watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is combinated a word?

Started by Nick Bateman, November 22, 2019, 10:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Scotty Parker in defining Kamara's various abilities stated he "combinated" all those talents to improve. One wonders if our manager was using cockney rhyming slang or simply lack of a decent education, but one cannot but forgive him for such a grammatical impropriety.

Well done team!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

southwest6

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 22, 2019, 10:20:51 PM
Scotty Parker in defining Kamara's various abilities stated he "combinated" all those talents to improve. One wonders if our manager was using cockney rhyming slang or simply lack of a decent education, but one cannot but forgive him for such a grammatical impropriety.

Well done team!

forgot what exactly the context was however my first impression was that he was was meant to say culminated. Other than that non word, thought parker gave a very good post-match interview!

davew

Combinated, culminated or combined, who knows, but AK played brilliantly this evening!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

DevonFFC

Quote from: southwest6 on November 22, 2019, 10:26:02 PM

Well done team!

forgot what exactly the context was however my first impression was that he was was meant to say culminated. Other than that non word, thought parker gave a very good post-match interview!

I agree, his interview was heart felt and I believe in what he says.
Must of said something right at half time

RaySmith

I like  SP's honesty, and passion.

Well done to him and the team tonight.

Sgt Fulham

I am not a fan of Parker and feel we would be better off under an established manager. Having said that I do really like his post-match interviews. He is not particularly articulate, but he is certainly eloquent and honest. I hope he proves me wrong as a manager.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on November 22, 2019, 10:58:00 PM
I like  SP's honesty, and passion.

Well done to him and the team tonight.

I would play for Scott Parker, and I would run through a brick wall for him, and come out fighting on the other side, he is a players manager, honest and down to earth, he has no ego. I would love to hear his team talks.
The players responded superbly after the first 20 mins, especially in the second half, bearing in mind we came from behind, and have not done that very often recently. Well done Fulham we got over the line in the end, because the players battled and made it happen through shear grit and determination.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Yes, well done Scott Parker, he certainly had the team fighting hard last night and his half time team talk must have been motivating.
However I would suggest changes to his pre match talk as we just can't afford another start as bad as last night's.

toshes mate

Quote from: davew on November 22, 2019, 10:28:00 PM
Combinated, culminated or combined, who knows, but AK played brilliantly this evening!
Yes.  AK proved he is the true combinated harvester of goals given half the chance.

gang

Yes, it is the same as combined or combine; to mix something into something.

Woolly Mammoth

Perhaps Fulham could invite the Wurzles down to the cottage pre match to sing their song  " I've got a brand new combined harvester "

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

IMO the content of post-match interviews is always the same clichéd, predictable stuff so I don't attach much value to it.

However I do think you can he infer certain things from their delivery, eg, IMO you could tell just from watching Symons' and Mulensteen's interviews that they lacked that sharp edge all successful managers have. And you could tell Sanchez was a bit arrogant.

Parker's post-match interviews generally involve him saying "in terms of" about 50 times and him touching his fringe or eyebrow every few seconds as if he has tourettes. I'm not impressed to be honest.

But at this stage in his career I suppose it could be attributable to nerves and inexperience, and perhaps his delivery and articulation in the dressing room is better.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2019, 11:58:27 PM

I would play for Scott Parker, and I would run through a brick wall for him, and come out fighting on the other side

Only because you haven't learnt how to use a doorknob, Mammoth!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 24, 2019, 07:52:09 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2019, 11:58:27 PM

I would play for Scott Parker, and I would run through a brick wall for him, and come out fighting on the other side

Only because you haven't learnt how to use a doorknob, Mammoth!

Why go to the trouble of finding and then using a door knob when I can just simply and easier run through a brick wall, it's far quicker.
Also it's Mr Mammoth to you or Woolly or Sir or God, and stop saying the word " One ", you embarrass yourself, you don't live in Buck House or Windsor Castle.

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Well done team!

merriam-webster: combinate

Definition of combinate
1: COMBINE
2: to form (the teeth of a self-distributing linotype matrix) so that the matrix will fall into its proper channel
3: to set up the combination of (a lock)

History and Etymology for combinate
Transitive verb
Late Latin combinatus, past participle of combinare

Adjective
Late Latin combinatus

wiktionary: combinatus
Latin
Etymology
Perfect passive participle of combīnō.

Participle
combīnātus (feminine combīnāta, neuter combīnātum); first/second-declension participle

combined

Seems his education was/is of an appropriate standard, perhaps?

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Peabody

Seems like Eton did you no good Nick

Woolly Mammoth

He wasn't brought up in Eton, he was eaten and brought up.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)