watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does anybody know what my rights are ?

Started by Riversider, November 25, 2019, 12:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

I bought one of those Copa replica shirts on Friday at a cost of £55, its going to be a gift for someone, I havent even taken it out of its box,
I now see on Sunday night that the club have knocked £17 off the shirt in a sale,
Am I entitled to a refund and then buy it again for the new price
Im never sure how the consumer rights act works for things like this,
Anybody on here know what my rights are ?
Thanks in advance.

Andy S

I don't think you have any rights . However if you give the club a call they may refund half your money as a good will gesture. It may well be an idea to remember in the future that the club usually reduce prices at this time of year. Black Friday and pre Christmas

Riversider

toshes mate

If the goods are faulty you can ask for a replacement or refund. However, the seller is under no obligation to refund your money if the goods are fit for purpose and changes in prices are a subject of 'buyer beware'.  As Andy S says the Club could make a gesture if you make a decent argument for same but they are not obliged to do so.

gang

Quote from: Riversider on November 25, 2019, 05:38:32 AM
Surely every consumer has rights ?

Yes, you do have consumer rights but Fulham also have rights.
If you bought the shirt on line you have 14 days to return the goods and get a full refund.
If you bought it from the shop in person you don't have the right of return unless it is faulty.

RaySmith

Yes, if you bought it online you can just return it no questions asked, and get a full refund, while at the same time buying a new one at the reduced price.

filham

Sickening isn't it but I think most of us have been caught like that over the years, I decided all that I can do is to enjoy the product and try to forget the price I paid for it.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

If you bought it online, send it back and get the cheaper one. If you didnt, you're gonna look as though you bought the cheaper one anyway, so just let them enjoy it regardless.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Ed

Could be worse, I know someone who bought a sofa from DFS for full price...

Fulhamfan666

If you have the receipt you can return it, and get a full refund.

You can then just buy the on-sale item.

No receipt no refund.

Riversider

As Fulhamfan666 quite rightly says you have 28 days to get a full refund (As stated on the receipt)
I've now ordered another one , to be collected from the store for £17 less !!!
I would imagine tomorrow night there will be a fair few people bringing items back to refund.
Might have made more sense possibly to have started the sale last Friday to avoid all of this.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Riversider on November 25, 2019, 02:40:57 PM
As Fulhamfan666 quite rightly says you have 28 days to get a full refund (As stated on the receipt)
I would imagine tomorrow night there will be a fair few people bringing items back to refund.
Might have made more sense possibly to have started the sale last Friday to avoid all of this.

or given you £17 credit to be used in the store, that way they'll not have "2nd hand" goods back for sale at a discount?

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on November 25, 2019, 02:40:57 PM
And what if i had bought something Thursday?

There is no right answer to this, its like any commercial product that if you buy the price might change the very next day...either up or down.
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

This is advice about receipts from a UK consumer advice expert ...

"Apart from consumer credit agreements, there is no requirement for the sale of goods to be in writing. The vast majority of contracts for sale of goods and services are by word of mouth. Such contracts are just as valid and as legally enforceable as written contracts. Three things are required to strike a sale's contract. Agreement to sell. Agreement to buy. Agreement on price. Once these three things are in place, and the money & goods title change hands, consumers' rights detailed in the Sale of Goods Act come into force; and lack of a receipt will have no affect on these consumer rights, whatever the Seller contends."

KJS

No difference between goint to sainsburys and buying a bottle of wine on a Thursday then finding out it's reduced 2 days later its just the way it is

Fulham 442

Quote from: Ed on November 25, 2019, 11:23:07 AM
Could be worse, I know someone who bought a sofa from DFS for full price...

That I don't believe!!

Dr Quinzel

Return and buy again if it was within 14 days.

If prices drop after a purchase you have no right to that new deal, but whether they grant it to you as goodwill is different.

EDIT - just seen you did this. Pain in the arse, but hey, you're £17 up now!