watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Winning but losing

Started by DagenhamDan, November 27, 2019, 01:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

my sincere condolences Dan, your Dad sounded like a wonderful man. Cherish the memories; even though my Dad died in 1980, there are still times I remember him when at Craven Cottage even though I'm now near the age he was when he died,. His soul is somewhere embedded in the magic of Craven Cottage, by the river...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HV71

My most sincere condolences Dan. Losing your Dad is such a difficult thing - I'm five years on from it and still it hurts. It does get better in that you will have such fond memories of him and these are the things that trigger your brain and you will find yourself drifting off and just remembering the good times. Football memories of your Dad will live forever and you will look back and remember that you were able to share the victory over QPR with him before he passed  - and you will smile but probably with a tear in your eye.
Take care and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us all

sunburywhite

Sorry for your loss Dan

My Dad introduced me to FUlham in 1960 and sadly passed away in January this year

Happy to say I managed to take him to Hamburg

Whenever Fulham play it recreats the bond between us
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulham 442

I think what resonates with us all is that the the huge tie that binds us together is Fulham and family. So many happy memories.

bobbo

So sad Dan , thinking of you buddy.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

terryr

So sorry to hear of this sad event.
I hope you find comfort in a life time of wonderful memories of your dad.

cookieg

Very sorry for your loss Dan. He'll be with you at every game.

There's quite a lot of us who have come to Fulham through family members. It's what makes our club so special.

RaySmith

My Dad first took me to Fulham too , although he was a, then, 4th division Palace fan, but he responded to my desire to see a top flight  team in action, and decided that  that should be Fulham because they had 'one of the greatest passers of the ball ever '- Johnny Haynes.

Of course,  after my first visit to the Cottage, Palace were soon forgotten, and i began  going on my own -I became a fervent Fulham fan.

My Dad died of prostate cancer about twenty years ago  now,  soon after Mum, and only a year older than I am now, but I still think of him:  the terrible  harshness of his early life and War experience, which  affected him so much, and  wish I could  say all the things that I never managed to say when he was alive - my  great admiration, respect and love for him. But that's always the way.

Treasure your memories Dan: every time you go to Fulham you will think of him, but the pain will eventually  fade, though I know that doesn't seem possible at the moment, and  you will only have happy memories to cherish.

DagenhamDan

Thank you all for your wonderful words.  Tomorrow is going to be tough but hopefully three points will help us all.

General

Sorry to hear that Dan, perhaps when you feel ready write down some of your favourite memories to look back on as you get older and to remember the fun times.

Steven Ageroad

To lose your dad is a big, big thing. I lost mine 5 years ago this Saturday, you never forget them. My Son often quotes his Granddad at games and his great grand daughter now sits in his seat in the JH stand and often asks about him.
In his later years he suffered from Dementia and spent them in a special care home, when I visited him he didn't remember most things but would always ask about his Fulham.
Reading all the messages above brought back memories and a few tears.
Very sorry for your loss Dan.