Rodak, what a player We have here!

Started by fcfulham55, November 30, 2019, 12:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Long may it continue, he's only 23. 

Think he'll only get better too!
Sent from my Nokia 3310

keithh

He's nearly always in my top two for Man of the Match; cannot see Betts ever being first choice again.

Statto

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

The Rock

He's always had it I think but you can't teach experience. Case and point his sending off, though perhaps not a handball and everyone at Rotherham was praying he could stay and they couldn't understand how we loaned him out in the first place. Long may it continue...

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

RaySmith

Agree - his contribution was so important to our  win.

ashteadFFC

He is a very good keeper indeed. Great shot stopper. His distribution is also getting better.

davew

Lost count of how many great saves he has made, must give our defence more confidence.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Mark Rodak played his part very well in our epic victory last night, and can and should be very pleased with himself, he makes his goal look small, obviously sterner tests to come, but his all round keeping is very impressive, which includes his decision making, his command of his area, his angles, his communication skills, his distribution, his shot stopping and his handling have been top draw so far, and Scott Parker has obviously identified this talent as a real find.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

He is actually getting better and burning brighter game by game which is the way stars are born.  The defence are getting better acquainted with him and he is getting more confident by the minute.  He was annoyed with himself over the goal because a slightly better contact would have kept it out.  All good signs for the lad.

ALG01

I think, for once, we are all agreed. He looks very good and yesterday had an outstanding game. My one minor gripe was at their last free kick, which went into the wall, i felt his position on the line too central...... we will never know as the wall did its job, rodak is number for a while i think.

Slaphead in Qatar

He almost stopped their goal - in fact I thought he had for a split second

cookieg

Jim©

There was a lot of talk on here around 6 weeks ago as many felt that Betts wasn't performing adequately, not something that everyone agreed with.
He's now performing as a top 6 keeper should which will win us points. Betts had been performing like a bottom 6 keeper and we dropped a good number of points.
Long may it continue (though I felt that his attempted save to keep their goal out was perhaps the easiest of the bunch)!

Statto

Quote from: Jim© on November 30, 2019, 10:05:48 AM
though I felt that his attempted save to keep their goal out was perhaps the easiest of the bunch

Re-watch Banks v Pele and tell me why Byers' header down to a similar area but from much closer range was an easier save than Pele's

Jim©

Quote from: Statto on November 30, 2019, 10:16:36 AM
Quote from: Jim© on November 30, 2019, 10:05:48 AM
though I felt that his attempted save to keep their goal out was perhaps the easiest of the bunch

Re-watch Banks v Pele and tell me why Byers' header down to a similar area but from much closer range was an easier save than Pele's

Not much pace on the ball, close to him, he'd moved that way first. I said perhaps as I'd only seen it live to make that judgement u til just seen replay

filham

Early days but with Rodak in goal we look set for a much better second half to our season, he is just the tonic that our defence needed.

Burt

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 30, 2019, 08:33:00 AM
Mark Rodak played his part very well in our epic victory last night, and can and should be very pleased with himself, he makes his goal look small, obviously sterner tests to come, but his all round keeping is very impressive, which includes his decision making, his command of his area, his angles, his communication skills, his distribution, his shot stopping and his handling have been top draw so far, and Scott Parker has obviously identified this talent as a real find.

Spot on.

bigalffc

I always support Betts who is a great Fulham man, but Rodak is outstandingly the better keeper at this time and my man of the match choice from yesterday. I hope they both stay with us for a long time.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum