https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Matt10 on January 10, 2020, 06:56:09 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 10, 2020, 05:51:41 PM
https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-fulham-plot-raid-to-sign-huddersfield-town-25-yr-old/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This needs to happen. We could play a true 3 at the back with Hector-Mawson-Kongolo . Kongolo played LB against us, I believe. Good size, good age. Think it's a perfect fit. Come on!

Hasn't played for them since he made five errors in the 5-2 defeat by Bristol... Just what we're looking for.😜

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 10, 2020, 07:32:18 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 10, 2020, 06:56:09 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 10, 2020, 05:51:41 PM
https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-fulham-plot-raid-to-sign-huddersfield-town-25-yr-old/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This needs to happen. We could play a true 3 at the back with Hector-Mawson-Kongolo . Kongolo played LB against us, I believe. Good size, good age. Think it's a perfect fit. Come on!

Hasn't played for them since he made five errors in the 5-2 defeat by Bristol... Just what we're looking for.😜

and we would probably play him at left back after selling Joe

St. Andrews White

Thought I'd take a peek at the Huddersfield board about the Kongolo rumours...

Aside from the digs at London ('not my capital anymore' a particular favourite') and other about our club, the views seem to say pretty similar things:

- Decent when partnered well
- Doesn't want to be at Town, concerns about attitude
- Still relatively young, some reckon if it were permanent we'd be looking at £10m+ (though we all like to exaggerate)
- If he sorts his attitude out could be phenomenal, if not will get lazier and be terrible

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: St. Andrews White on January 11, 2020, 11:06:41 AM

Aside from the digs at London ('not my capital anymore' a particular favourite') and other about our club, the views seem to say pretty similar things:

- Still relatively young, some reckon if it were permanent we'd be looking at £10m+ (though we all like to exaggerate)
- If he sorts his attitude out could be phenomenal, if not will get lazier and be terrible

Hmmm poor attitude and lazy, doesn't want to be there.
Sounds right up our alley, may even break our transfer record.
On the other hand under the right coach and ethos and conditions he may be different, but it has to be at a give away fee, as he sounds a busted flush where he current is. But then again is he carrying too match baggage. Then again players can react differently to different managers and different clubs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Asotosyios

Another mention of the potential Kongolo interest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7874789/Celtic-plan-watch-Stoke-striker-Tyrese-Campbell-ahead-possible-move.html

Celtic are expected to watch Stoke City striker Tyrese Campbell on Saturday ahead of a potential move.

The 22-year-old is out of contract in the summer and the Parkhead club are interested in him.

Meanwhile, Fulham have expressed an interest in Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo, who can play at centre-back and left-back.

Huddersfield added to their squad already this window by signing Emile Smith Rowe on loan from Arsenal.

Elsewhere in the Championship, Middlesbrough have asked about St Gallen goalkeeper Dejan Stojanovic, 26. St Gallen want Liverpool's Shamal George as cover.

And Cardiff City have had a £2.3million bid rejected for Wigan Athletic's Wales international striker Kieffer Moore.

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2020, 12:47:29 PM
Quote from: St. Andrews White on January 11, 2020, 11:06:41 AM

Hmmm poor attitude and lazy, doesn't want to be there.
Sounds right up our alley, may even break our transfer record.
On the other hand under the right coach and ethos and conditions he may be different, but it has to be at a give away fee, as he sounds a busted flush where he current is. But then again is he carrying too match baggage. Then again players can react differently to different managers and different clubs.

Not to mention he played the majority of Premier League matches in their relegation season. We've seen what that can do to players. Him joining our side, a group trying to prove they can get back to the Prem - not to mention Parker, could be just what he needs.

RP24

Betts not on the bench, is he off?
Also Bryan on the bench and the Kongolo links, maybe the Watford rumours has legs

sarnian

£20m Dwight Gayle off injured after first start for ages. Glad we haven't wasted money on him

DevonFFC

Barrett487

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 11, 2020, 05:16:30 PM
Kongolo not in the squad today for udders

He's not the flavour of the month there, according to their fans, so maybe not a surprise.

Asotosyios

DevonFFC

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 11, 2020, 06:17:01 PM
He hasn't played for Huddersfield since the end of November.

Honestly never heard of the guy before he was mentioned on this forum two days ago, do you know much about him?

Asotosyios

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 11, 2020, 06:39:12 PM

Honestly never heard of the guy before he was mentioned on this forum two days ago, do you know much about him?

He was very highly rated at Feyenoord and Monaco spent a lot of money for him, so I was a bit surprised to see him go to Huddersfield.

He is a LCB that can play as LB as well. He played most games at LB for Huddersfield this year (and against us), as they had no other left back - they have been using a 20-year-old kid for the last 10 games or so. Huddersfield fans like him, but think he can't be bothered any more and wants to leave (as St Andrews White wrote earlier). I think this is the main reason that he has not been selected since their loss to Bristol City at the end of November (plus an injury he got at that game).

jayffc

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 11, 2020, 07:00:25 PM

He was very highly rated at Feyenoord and Monaco spent a lot of money for him, so I was a bit surprised to see him go to Huddersfield.

He is a LCB that can play as LB as well. He played most games at LB for Huddersfield this year (and against us), as they had no other left back - they have been using a 20-year-old kid for the last 10 games or so. Huddersfield fans like him, but think he can't be bothered any more and wants to leave (as St Andrews White wrote earlier). I think this is the main reason that he has not been selected since their loss to Bristol City at the end of November (plus an injury he got at that game).

This,

I gather from Huddersfield fans that he was a bit of a fan favourite the year they got relegated. Many felt he was one of the only higher class players they had.
Most now begrudgingly feeling that he doesn't want to be at Huddersfield (or maybe it's be 'in' Huddersfield - would you if you'd played in Monace and Feyenoord!)
He's tall and athletic with an ability to drift by a player. Loves a lunging tackle as he has long legs so made a few Hollywood challenges last year for them. Some of their fans have the hump with him because they felt he was sulking about playing in the championship. So that's the risk, but perhaps if he was playing in London for a "bigger" club in his mind than Huddersfield and a chance of promotion he might refind his form. Seems when he's up for it he's quality but he's just not on it this year. Could be one of those where we can sign a quality player when he's cooled off a little and he goes on to be great for us. OR we could find ourselves with ha player who gives up when the going get's tough. I guess we'll see if we get him at all!

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Kongolo- from the above posts it sounds risky to me - is he safer than Odoi at left back. Suspect if we sign him he will be on the bench for a good while.

Nero

Quote from: jayffc on January 12, 2020, 12:24:27 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on January 11, 2020, 07:00:25 PM

This,

I gather from Huddersfield fans that he was a bit of a fan favourite the year they got relegated. Many felt he was one of the only higher class players they had.
Most now begrudgingly feeling that he doesn't want to be at Huddersfield (or maybe it's be 'in' Huddersfield - would you if you'd played in Monace and Feyenoord!)
He's tall and athletic with an ability to drift by a player. Loves a lunging tackle as he has long legs so made a few Hollywood challenges last year for them. Some of their fans have the hump with him because they felt he was sulking about playing in the championship. So that's the risk, but perhaps if he was playing in London for a "bigger" club in his mind than Huddersfield and a chance of promotion he might refind his form. Seems when he's up for it he's quality but he's just not on it this year. Could be one of those where we can sign a quality player when he's cooled off a little and he goes on to be great for us. OR we could find ourselves with ha player who gives up when the going get's tough. I guess we'll see if we get him at all!

Suppose when you look at it hes been in a team that been losing for nearly 2 years, probably doesn't know how to handle it

DevonFFC

Asotosyios

Quote from: filham on January 12, 2020, 01:49:06 PM
Kongolo- from the above posts it sounds risky to me - is he safer than Odoi at left back. Suspect if we sign him he will be on the bench for a good while.
If we make a move for him, I think he will probably replace Ream as the LCB.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

sunburywhite

Quote from: mlangstrom on January 13, 2020, 08:06:18 AM
Albian Ajeti is open to a loan from west Spain, he could tear up the championship

The Swiss frontman has struggled for both minutes and form since his £8m move from Basel in the summer having failed to find the net and having made only two starts, both of them in the Carabao Cup.

West Ham are thought to be in the market for a new striker in January as David Moyes looks about bolstering his squad and has been linked with a swoop for Inter Milan striker Gabriel Barbosa and AC Milan frontman Krzysztof Piatek, who is also of interest to Spurs.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me