watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

I think he should probably move on at this point. He has been just on the fringes of the first team for years now and I can't see him breaking through.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

G_Gribby

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 15, 2020, 04:16:27 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2020, 03:21:22 PM
Bit on the net saying Luca De La Torre In talks with a Swedish side.

Can he speak Sweedish then?

Most Swedish speaks better English than most Americans, that's not a problem. The problem is the choice of club. Bad club that..
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Sting of the North

Quote from: G_Gribby on January 15, 2020, 04:50:39 PM

Most Swedish speaks better English than most Americans, that's not a problem. The problem is the choice of club. Bad club that..

They won the league, and will play in the CL-qualifiers. And play in Stockholm. And is very well run the last 5-10 years.

G_Gribby

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 15, 2020, 05:06:02 PM
Quote from: G_Gribby on January 15, 2020, 04:50:39 PM

They won the league, and will play in the CL-qualifiers. And play in Stockholm. And is very well run the last 5-10 years.

I don't think that club have the money Fulham asks for or neither will agree on other/further terms Fulham ask for. For the lad, yes I wish him all the best.

It would be great to see him playing for the new US gaffer in the future.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

DevonFFC

Apart from some keeper who couldn't get in south west peninsula league, have we been linked with anyone else of substance? Seems a very quiet window with little or no excitement

Statto

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 15, 2020, 06:14:04 PM
Apart from some keeper who couldn't get in south west peninsula league, have we been linked with anyone else of substance? Seems a very quiet window with little or no excitement

Cavaleiro and Hector, beat that

DevonFFC

Quote from: Statto on January 15, 2020, 06:31:22 PM

Ah you got me... however both were at the club before hand.

Steven Ageroad

We're only half way through the month, give the club a chance!

DevonFFC

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 15, 2020, 07:13:23 PM

We're only half way through the month, give the club a chance!

I bring you back to my post and the word "linked".

JEEVES

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 15, 2020, 06:54:16 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 15, 2020, 06:31:22 PM

Ah you got me... however both were at the club before hand.

Lol I did a post on Facebook about how I was a lil underwhelmed how Jordan Archer was going to be our first January signing. The amount of people who said "what about Cavaleiro" "what about Hector" get a life, why would I count either of those two? One already here and playing for us, and the other we all knew was signing on the 1st of Jan. Two good signings I'm very happy with but they are summer signings really.

Barrett487

Do we need players or better coaching?  Players under-performing with one coach/manager seem to be world-beaters with another..... just saying !

JEEVES

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 15, 2020, 08:34:50 PM
Do we need players or better coaching?  Players under-performing with one coach/manager seem to be world-beaters with another..... just saying !

The right manager would/ could have won the league with our squad. Saying that I love Scotty P and I do not think he's done badly enough to get the chop. So, if we are going to sign players it has to be defence for me. LB - is Joe Bryan going? If so we need a replacement. LCB - are Ream and/or Mawson up to it? If not we need a replacement. RB - it doesn't matter who occasionally plays there and has the odd good game WE NEED A NEW RB. Midfield and up front I think is pretty good tbh, if those players aren't performing then that's the management/ coaching issue because they're better than any other team in this league has. Mitro is out for 2-4 weeks. Personally I'm not into the idea of using up a loan slot or even paying for some rubbish forward e.g. Glen Murray. I'd rather play Bobby Reid up top with Cav and Tony Knockers either side. Bobbs scored 20+ goals for Bristol city playing up front in the champ, lets give him a go for the next 4 games with Kamara coming off the bench.

70sPimlico

Quote from: JEEVES on January 15, 2020, 09:27:54 PM

The right manager would/ could have won the league with our squad. Saying that I love Scotty P and I do not think he's done badly enough to get the chop. So, if we are going to sign players it has to be defence for me. LB - is Joe Bryan going? If so we need a replacement. LCB - are Ream and/or Mawson up to it? If not we need a replacement. RB - it doesn't matter who occasionally plays there and has the odd good game WE NEED A NEW RB. Midfield and up front I think is pretty good tbh, if those players aren't performing then that's the management/ coaching issue because they're better than any other team in this league has. Mitro is out for 2-4 weeks. Personally I'm not into the idea of using up a loan slot or even paying for some rubbish forward e.g. Glen Murray. I'd rather play Bobby Reid up top with Cav and Tony Knockers either side. Bobbs scored 20+ goals for Bristol city playing up front in the champ, lets give him a go for the next 4 games with Kamara coming off the bench.

Other than the loving Scotty P bit, I agree with this.

JEEVES

Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 15, 2020, 09:31:35 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on January 15, 2020, 09:27:54 PM

Other than the loving Scotty P bit, I agree with this.

Thing is mate, I'm so fickle. If I had written that after the reading game I would have left the love scotty part out. Fact is we all do love him, we just don't necessarily think he's the right person to be in charge at this point. We could have really done with an experienced championship manager this season. But it is what it is. I can't see him getting the chop as long as we remain in playoff positions.

Barrett487

I seem to remember that some of us slagged the likes of Lewis Dunk off, when we were linked, only for him to come good eventually. I reckon it's down to coaching. Ryan Sess will probably turn out to be a great LB, or LWB under Spurs.