Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: General on January 25, 2020, 02:44:47 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2020, 10:07:02 PM
David Stockdale gone to Wycombe.

Strange - he got promoted at Brighton and for all purpose did well - don't get why he's gone to Wycombe, unless a personal family matter. He's definitely got the quality to play in the championship. Appreciate Wycombe are looking good for promotion but still.

He's been on loan at Wycombe before, his career ended when he got fat and comfortable in life, he's far more interested in vintage cars now than he is in football, if he's good enough for The Championship how come none of the 24 clubs were interested in acquiring his service ?

Tabby

He is also 34 years old, he isn't exactly a spring chicken anymore.

Only played a handful of games at league 1 level for the last season and a half.

One Martin Thomas

Did we know that Mitro has an option to leave this summer if we don't go up ? I didn't !

We Are Premier League

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 26, 2020, 07:53:37 AM
Did we know that Mitro has an option to leave this summer if we don't go up ? I didn't !

Sounds strange - giving him an incentive to underperform

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: mlangstrom on January 26, 2020, 08:53:24 AM

It's written on BBC gossip transfer page !

bog

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 26, 2020, 09:30:34 AM
Quote from: mlangstrom on January 26, 2020, 08:53:24 AM

It's written on BBC gossip transfer page !

I just read that. Emm.

Ps those pages end on 31st January. Very annoying I feel. 

Statto

It's just a paper rumour, but even if it's fundamentally true, what difference does it make?

Arguably any player has an option to leave if we don't go up. If they say they don't want to be here anymore and won't give 100%, would we really force them to stay and reject reasonable offers from. Other clubs?

Mitrovic in particular is someone who's capable of playing at a much better level than the Championship so personally I've always doubted that he'll stay beyond next summer if we don't go up.

If this rumour about a contractual clause is true, it only makes a difference if it has a low trigger price, eg of it says we have to accept any offers above £15m.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Statto on January 26, 2020, 09:55:44 AM

It's just a paper rumour, but even if it's fundamentally true, what difference does it make?

Arguably any player has an option to leave if we don't go up. If they say they don't want to be here anymore and won't give 100%, would we really force them to stay and reject reasonable offers from. Other clubs?

Mitrovic in particular is someone who's capable of playing at a much better level than the Championship so personally I've always doubted that he'll stay beyond next summer if we don't go up.

If this rumour about a contractual clause is true, it only makes a difference if it has a low trigger price, eg of it says we have to accept any offers above £15m.

Don't shoot the messenger !

Statto

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 26, 2020, 11:45:40 AM
Don't shoot the messenger !

Not having a dig at you but I can see how it could have come across that way so apologies

General

Rumour that we've rejected a high offer for Mitro from Tottenham and have priced him at £40 million. If that's the case, it goes against the original post of being in a weak/er bargaining position.

The Rational Fan

I cannot see Mitrovic staying, unless we have a better chance of going up than this season. Next season, parachute payments decrease so we will lose players, and the teams going down this year will be strong next year. Parker will have less expensive players and will have to convince Mitovoic he will do better this season.

This Club has been over-reliant on Tony Khan bringing inexpensive players and once Mitro realizes that Fulham's era of buying players is over, then he will have to assess whether Parker is the kind of manager that can get out of the Championship with the third or fourth-best team on paper (like Brentford might do).

f321ffc

🔁 Burnley have recalled @nahkiwells.

From the Ha ha's, wonder if Burnley plan on playing him or selling or another loan.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

sarnian

junior white

Quote from: General on January 27, 2020, 10:09:43 AM

Rumour that we've rejected a high offer for Mitro from Tottenham and have priced him at £40 million. If that's the case, it goes against the original post of being in a weak/er bargaining position.

There was a news paper report of this the other day, that report also said they can wait to the summer and get him for 25 million if we dont go up.

If we do go up i guess 40 mill becomes 50 or 60 mil

charlieFFC

Leeds have just signed Jean-Kevin Augustin from RB Leipzig on Loan with possible option.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: charlieFFC on January 27, 2020, 03:26:17 PM
Leeds have just signed Jean-Kevin Augustin from RB Leipzig on Loan with possible option.

Good player, if he hits the ground running he's a massive asset for them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

charlieFFC

Quote from: St. Andrews White on January 27, 2020, 03:37:39 PM

Yep, looks decent from his time at RB, not sure what happened at Monaco to lead to this point.

Anyway lets hope he struggles to adapt to the championship and fails to have an impact for them.

Jimsbeerbelly

Really? 12 in 42 for Leipzig, 0 for Monaco in 10.

Barrett487

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on January 27, 2020, 06:37:10 PM

Really? 12 in 42 for Leipzig, 0 for Monaco in 10.

TBH it wouldl depend on the scheme and the coach