https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Crystal Palace

Started by sunburywhite, December 03, 2019, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Roy up into 5th

How I wish we kept him
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 03, 2019, 09:39:46 PM
Roy up into 5th

How I wish we kept him
Remember it was his decision
Just the views of a long term fan

Fernhurst

A Bloody miracle worker.

72 going on 27........ impressed when they beat us in our first game back in The Prem.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Rock

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 03, 2019, 10:45:50 PM
A Bloody miracle worker.

72 going on 27........ impressed when they beat us in our first game back in The Prem.

We were a lost puppies vs. bloodhounds on the day regardless.

But he is a miracle worker. I think I love the man. A big shout to MAF and 2007 staff for finding him when he was no one outside of Malmo to Milan.

sunburywhite

I will forever remember Hamburg
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

I think Palace are going to have as much reason to thank him as we had. Funny how he didn't do so well at Liverpool.

deadcowboys

Quote from: filham on December 04, 2019, 10:41:03 AM
I think Palace are going to have as much reason to thank him as we had. Funny how he didn't do so well at Liverpool.

Think that was down to the arrogant nature of scousers & maybe the players not buying into his methods. Dont think Roy liked Prima Donna's & there were plenty in the scouse scum team then.

ALG01

Quote from: deadcowboys on December 04, 2019, 10:53:55 AM

Think that was down to the arrogant nature of scousers & maybe the players not buying into his methods. Dont think Roy liked Prima Donna's & there were plenty in the scouse scum team then.

roy has a way of doing things and you accept it or you are not going to be happy. big clubs and big time players do not like his regimental tactics and methods and so he did not do well at Liverpool or England. However, at teams like ours, WBA and Palace, his approach works brilliantly and because it achieves relative success he is taken to peoples hearts.

cottage expat

Quote from: ALG01 on December 04, 2019, 04:26:46 PM

roy has a way of doing things and you accept it or you are not going to be happy. big clubs and big time players do not like his regimental tactics and methods and so he did not do well at Liverpool or England. However, at teams like ours, WBA and Palace, his approach works brilliantly and because it achieves relative success he is taken to peoples hearts.

+1. Sums it up nicely.

King_Crud

yep, listened to an interview with Zamora recently, he said Roy's training sessions were so utterly boring and repetitive and you didn't really see the point of them until after a few games. So if he can't get people to buy in from the start then he's not going to do well

Jim©

Yes, remember Simon Davies being interviewed and he said that the first 4 or 5 sessions were completely and utterly without the ball, just going over team shape and where each player had to be in a given situation. He said that they all thought he'd lost it and did for quite a while. Then the results started coming and they understood what they'd been doing.

KJS

bobbo

Quote from: KJS on December 05, 2019, 05:56:32 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on December 03, 2019, 09:39:46 PM
Roy up into 5th

How I wish we kept him

He jumped ship🙄
yes but people do that daily trying to better themselves. Sadly for him it never worked out at Liverpool.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Jims Dentist

Quote from: cottage expat on December 04, 2019, 05:51:34 PM
Quote from: filham link=topic=73586.msg1099879#msg1099879 date=157I5456063

+1. Sums it up nicely.
+2 Very well said ALG01.