watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dan Burn at left back again!

Started by southwest6, December 05, 2019, 11:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

I'll never forget the day Dan Burn played left back at Stoke.

Turns out he can put a shift in that position... Did very well against Pepe and Bellerin who are both some of the fastest players in the league. Do you reckon Potter took a leaf out of Magath's book?

In all seriousness, glad Dan's had a decent career since leaving us. Always thought he was a fairly solid CB and was unfortunate to not get the game time which he may have warranted.

Now that I think of it, have there been stranger team selections since stoke away?

RaySmith

We shouldn't really have  plummeted down the table like we did that season with the players we had, though Sunderland having an incredible run, in my memory, didn't help us.

Jol  was d-oo-med!  and  knew it, but the  appointment of a replacement was  mishandled to say the least - now where have seen this  since!!!?

Magath, new to English football, taking over at such a time, when there was no time- he had to hit the ground running, which he obviously didn't.

We were unlucky at home to Hull not to get the needed three points, and  Stoke was a a last desperate throw of the dice, but  maybe now  having Burn at full-back wasn't as bizarre as it seemed at the time.

Yes, Burn was  really slagged off on here by some, but I'm really  pleased he's gone on to do so well.

Dodgin

If we had kept Dan and upped our offer for Dunk, things may have been different. Good win for Brighton tonight

simplyfulham

Only he didn't play left back at Stoke, he was playing right back. Arnie Riise was left back that day.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: southwest6 on December 05, 2019, 11:01:50 PM
I'll never forget the day Dan Burn played left back at Stoke.

Turns out he can put a shift in that position... Did very well against Pepe and Bellerin who are both some of the fastest players in the league. Do you reckon Potter took a leaf out of Magath's book?

In all seriousness, glad Dan's had a decent career since leaving us. Always thought he was a fairly solid CB and was unfortunate to not get the game time which he may have warranted.

Now that I think of it, have there been stranger team selections since stoke away?

Apparently you will because he played right back. It made sense in theory because Crouch tended to drift to the left flank, but on the day he didn't do that.

I Ronic

I see his old partner Shaun Hutchinson and another ex Fulham player Matt Smith  both  got on the score sheet for Millwall against Wigan the other week. Matt Smith's a bit of an enigma, never seems to get many games but scores regularly enough off the bench. 5 in 15 currently.

ALG01

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 06, 2019, 12:32:05 AM
Only he didn't play left back at Stoke, he was playing right back. Arnie Riise was left back that day.

i was at that game and he certainly appeared to be playing left back.

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Shocking news - highly successful and experienced football manager may have known better than fans...

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on December 06, 2019, 06:13:21 PM
Shocking news - highly successful and experienced football manager may have known better than fans...

Preposterous!

RoyTund

The point of course is, be it left or right back, no one here would have thought it. Magath genius.