watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Get Jeremy out (the ref today)

Started by Allestree andy, December 07, 2019, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

Please use the link below to get Jeremy out (he was the so called ref today) let's do this and see if the EFL will do anything
http://chng.it/vRLSvtTv
To the limit and beyond

bobbo

I missed out the fact that he used 3 yellow cards to cover his misgivings re penalty appeal.

How I see it you make the mistakes ref but we'll take the fines and subsequent suspensions.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

Unless you are saying the referee deliberately cheated what's the point. All the guy has done is made a few mistakes. Every human makes them

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on December 07, 2019, 10:34:01 PM
Unless you are saying the referee deliberately cheated what's the point. All the guy has done is made a few mistakes. Every human makes them

He and his Lino on the JH side did more than make a few mistakes, they were consistently appalling.

fcfulham55

I have never seen anything like it. 

I hope he never refs again, and will do everything in my power to do as such.   Moan on here.   Oh I signed the petition, will that help?
Sent from my Nokia 3310

jamesffc

Think he was pretty appalling today but don't know if this is particularly needed...

ffcne

This bloke has history .
Leeds fans set up a petition last year.
And week before that upset Bolton fans.
Absolute disgrace.

Twig

Quote from: jamesffc on December 07, 2019, 11:43:13 PM
Think he was pretty appalling today but don't know if this is particularly needed...

In a small way it helps make a point.  We are the paying customers and we deserve better.  If you are sold faulty goods you have consumer rights and that ref (and the JH Lino) were the equivalent of faulty goods.

Andy S

The problem is there is a shortage of good referees. In amateur football there are signs everywhere saying respect the ref. Mistakes are made at all levels of the game. Things that are seen on the pitch are sometimes different to things seen by spectators at the side. VAR is not the answer. Could an extra pair of officials be the answer?

Bill2

I can understand mistakes when there is some attempt at doing the job properly, but he was awful. The level of refereeing was so poor it was as close to blatant cheating as you can get, every 50/50 ball was a foul by the Fulham player and as for stopping the play in the final few minutes to tell off the City player about time wasting was nothing short of a joke.

Stevieboy

His incompetence regarding the penalty almost caused a riot and would have done at a more volatile venue.

f321ffc

The Ref in the Preston v West Brom game gave a last minute penalty after West Brom player dived in the box, the Ref later apologised for his mistake I wonder if this one has the balls to do the same.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ffcne

Quote from: ffcne on December 08, 2019, 07:54:27 AM
This bloke has history .
Leeds fans set up a petition last year.
And week before that upset Bolton fans.
Absolute disgrace.

Why is this clown stiil in a job?
Saw something else back in 2017 Villa v Bolton
Villa owner asked if Simpson  was a Villa hater
got find £4000.

Skatzoffc

I thought it particularly poor to not check on Ream's head injury at to end of the 1st half. Lino ran past the prone player and officials walked off of the pitch.

Unbelievable.
He could have swallowed his tongue and died on the pitch for all they knew.

Surely criminal negligence.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on December 08, 2019, 08:45:50 AM
The problem is there is a shortage of good referees. In amateur football there are signs everywhere saying respect the ref. Mistakes are made at all levels of the game. Things that are seen on the pitch are sometimes different to things seen by spectators at the side. VAR is not the answer. Could an extra pair of officials be the answer?
Spot on.  The authorities need to invest in improving the standard and consistency of officials and improve recruitment at grass roots levels by diverting money to the lower echelons of the sport.

Twig

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 08, 2019, 11:52:37 AM
I thought it particularly poor to not check on Ream's head injury at to end of the 1st half. Lino ran past the prone player and officials walked off of the pitch.

Unbelievable.
He could have swallowed his tongue and died on the pitch for all they knew.

Surely criminal negligence.

Yes I was shocked at the time. They just ignored Ream completely. So much for player safety.

grandad

Quote from: Andy S on December 08, 2019, 08:45:50 AM

We had extra officials in our Europa year. They stood behind the goal line. However, it was an abject failure as they were too afraid to give a decision so close to the spectators.
Things must change in that refs have to be made to state why they did or didn´t make certain calls. Players & managers are prohibited from making honest comments. If the refs gave their reasons it would go some way in finding out if it was right or wrong. No point in waiting till a ref retires before he admits his errors.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Quote from: toshes mate on December 08, 2019, 12:00:46 PM
The authorities need to invest in improving the standard and consistency of officials and improve recruitment at grass roots levels by diverting money to the lower echelons of the sport.

Agree. I started a thread on this ages ago. The players are exceptionally talented individuals, so the refs should be too. Ultimately, the only solution IMO is to start attracting people to refereeing with the same sort of salaries the players get. They need to have kids with a flair for leadership, judgment, sharpness of mind etc. identified in their teens and going through academies, with intensive training and competition, and only the very best making it as professional referees.

Does this look like someone who should be involved in elite sport?