watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That really, really pee’d me off

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 08, 2019, 11:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

The January Window will give us an opportunity to carry out any surgery needed to increase our chances of promotion, be it automatic or otherwise. Because we need to do something, and it's our only opportunity. We are in 3rd place and all the teams below us would like to swop places I expect.
Having said that, our defence gives me very little confidence, and the fact that it does not take much to bully us, and that needs to be addressed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

No chance are we getting top 2 unless Leeds capitulate (which Bielsa teams always do to be fair). 3rd or 4th I think
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Leveller

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on December 08, 2019, 11:34:09 AM
Not often that results get under my skin, but, that 2-1 home defeat to Bristol City really has, and I'm still seething this morning.

Ok, should have had a penalty, ref had an absolute stinker and got it all wrong, but, I'm absolutely stunned as to how Parker thought it was ok to start with Onomah, who, was a complete passenger throughout.

For me, Kamara, based on recent performances, gets the nod every time, but by the time Parker thought it was time to take him off, it was far to late, and Bristol City had got a foothold in the game.

Don't buy all this bogey team stuff, Bristol City we're pretty average, well drilled, but there for the taking yesterday, but as usual, we sit through another home game watching pass-back after pass-back after pass-back, with no real intent.

What pains me, is that we have, ultimately one of the best teams in that division, and yet, we now sit 7/8 points outside the top 2, and if WBA win today, the gap opens up to 11pts to 1st place, how the hell has that been allowed to happen?

Anyway, no doubt I'll get jumped on for this post, because I've dared to criticise Onomah, who, somehow, seems to have something over Parker, and, I'm going to say it again, Fulham will NOT get promoted under Parker, which I feel will be absolutely criminal with the squad he has at his disposal.

I think you'll find that's Bristol City's fifth consecutive win at Craven Cottage, so was it so unexpected?

Lee Johnson seems to have found the answer to the Fulham style, where heavy possession stats ultimately do not produce goals.

Twig

Did I find our style turgid in the first half? Absolutely.  Did the second half show how we need to play? Pretty much yes.  Could SP be getting more out of this squad? Yes, but we have also had some managers who would have done worse.  Is the squad good enough for the Prem? No, not under any manager. Should we sack SP? No, he's a new rookie appointment so now he's here give him the season. Do we need to sign players in Jan? Absolutely, we need more than just Hector to transform the back 4, we need an alternative to Knock and to Mitro.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on December 09, 2019, 10:39:07 AM
Do we need to sign players in Jan? Absolutely, we need more than just Hector to transform the back 4, we need an alternative to Knock and to Mitro.

I'm pretty certain there won't be any major transfer activity in January besides Hector.

And quite rightly. No championship club is going to attract better defenders than Mawson, Hector and Bryan, and even our RB options, Odoi and Christie, are top 6.

As an alternative to Knock we have Kebano and AK47. As an alternative to Mitro we have Reid and AK47. Again, no Championship club is going to have better players than that warming the bench. 

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 08, 2019, 05:50:15 PM
The January Window will give us an opportunity to carry out any surgery needed to increase our chances of promotion, be it automatic or otherwise. Because we need to do something, and it's our only opportunity. We are in 3rd place and all the teams below us would like to swop places I expect.
Having said that, our defence gives me very little confidence, and the fact that it does not take much to bully us, and that needs to be addressed.

You can't always count on the Window to improve the club.  We heard the same thing last year.  Now, we do have Hector coming our way in January, hopefully to offer some help at the back end.  But even with our promotion season, going into the Prem, FFC chose not to improve or upgrade the backline.  Nor did they do it this past off season.  They must be satisfied with current players?  Hector notwithstanding, this club still needs upgrade in the back four.