watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That really, really pee’d me off

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 08, 2019, 11:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Not often that results get under my skin, but, that 2-1 home defeat to Bristol City really has, and I'm still seething this morning.

Ok, should have had a penalty, ref had an absolute stinker and got it all wrong, but, I'm absolutely stunned as to how Parker thought it was ok to start with Onomah, who, was a complete passenger throughout.

For me, Kamara, based on recent performances, gets the nod every time, but by the time Parker thought it was time to take him off, it was far to late, and Bristol City had got a foothold in the game.

Don't buy all this bogey team stuff, Bristol City we're pretty average, well drilled, but there for the taking yesterday, but as usual, we sit through another home game watching pass-back after pass-back after pass-back, with no real intent.

What pains me, is that we have, ultimately one of the best teams in that division, and yet, we now sit 7/8 points outside the top 2, and if WBA win today, the gap opens up to 11pts to 1st place, how the hell has that been allowed to happen?

Anyway, no doubt I'll get jumped on for this post, because I've dared to criticise Onomah, who, somehow, seems to have something over Parker, and, I'm going to say it again, Fulham will NOT get promoted under Parker, which I feel will be absolutely criminal with the squad he has at his disposal.

Statto

Agree with all that except "no doubt I'll get jumped on for this post, because I've dared to criticise Onomah" - I can only assume you've not been on the forum for a few weeks!

bobbo

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on December 08, 2019, 11:34:09 AM
Not often that results get under my skin, but, that 2-1 home defeat to Bristol City really has, and I'm still seething this morning.

Ok, should have had a penalty, ref had an absolute stinker and got it all wrong, but, I'm absolutely stunned as to how Parker thought it was ok to start with Onomah, who, was a complete passenger throughout.

For me, Kamara, based on recent performances, gets the nod every time, but by the time Parker thought it was time to take him off, it was far to late, and Bristol City had got a foothold in the game.

Don't buy all this bogey team stuff, Bristol City we're pretty average, well drilled, but there for the taking yesterday, but as usual, we sit through another home game watching pass-back after pass-back after pass-back, with no real intent.

What pains me, is that we have, ultimately one of the best teams in that division, and yet, we now sit 7/8 points outside the top 2, and if WBA win today, the gap opens up to 11pts to 1st place, how the hell has that been allowed to happen?

Anyway, no doubt I'll get jumped on for this post, because I've dared to criticise Onomah, who, somehow, seems to have something over Parker, and, I'm going to say it again, Fulham will NOT get promoted under Parker, which I feel will be absolutely criminal with the squad he has at his disposal.
agree, I wonder how many on here recognised the onomah problem but SP didn't.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SG

I watched Onomah closely yesterday and can only conclude he was played in the wrong position. He chased their defenders but ineffectively and not consistently. He looked unfit at times. His passes were short, 5 - 10 yds back to his own players. Nothing incisive from an attacking perspective despite playing in a forward position. He seems to me to be another Dickson Etuhu or nothing - defensive lump that breaks up play and passes the ball 5 yds to Cairney. However he was not the only one lacking yesterday. The two wingers and Mitro did little to make us an attacking threat. I don't believe that those three work as they play too far apart from each other and therefore there is no support for Mitro. Knockheart seems to do very little good work and is thoroughly inconsistent when he does. TC was marked closely and was therefore ineffective in what he did for much of the game. As I sat there at half time I just felt bored with our play in the first half.

FFC1987

In a nutshell, its been allowed to happen because we don't have the experience or tactical nuance from the manager. He's done well, if we consider being in touch with playoffs albeit with the biggest wage packet and squad worth, but I personally don't see what Scotty's achieved as a positive. Just my two cents but we're looking a little clueless, particularly at home against anyone who has a decent coach.

grandad

What really pees me off is where were the SP out brigade when we won 4 on the trot & are still 3rd with still a good shout of top 2. A new manager at this stage is totally wrong. Upheaval within the squad, new coaches, new tactics. It would be a step backwards. There would be no guarantee that a new man would succeed
meaning yet another manager being called for.

Keep SP until at least the end of the season & then look at the situation again.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Quote from: grandad on December 08, 2019, 01:13:02 PM
What really pees me off is where were the SP out brigade when we won 4 on the trot & are still 3rd with still a good shout of top 2. A new manager at this stage is totally wrong. Upheaval within the squad, new coaches, new tactics. It would be a step backwards. There would be no guarantee that a new man would succeed

Keep SP until at least the end of the season & then look at the situation again.

We were still hear, saying we won games, we really should of won but to pretend that this is a good situation is laughable. We've won 4 on the bounce, then lost a home game to Bristol and are now further from top 2 than we were so nothings changed has it. Its actually got worse and thats, again, after a game we should of won either at home or to a team outside of top 10. Really is polishing a turd at this stage, but I do agree, I don't think Parkers up to it but i'd give him the season. I was against his appointment in the first place but its only fair to see out the Parker experiment then perhaps Tony can take a portion of the blame for employing a man with no experience and expecting automatic promotion from one of the toughest leagues around.

Luka

Putting aside win loose or draw as the result, our style of play is turgid. There is little to get excited about and the stuff Parker is peddling it's just plain dull to watch.
I want to exit the ground with the 90min adrenaline rush leaving me knackered.

Fernhurst

After watching both Leeds and WBA this weekend (WBA currently 4-1 up) I can only conclude they are both in a fit and proper place, football wise for Premiership football, whereas we are miles away from it.
Both teams demonstrate fast, powerful systems. Our system is slow build up with the occasional goal by Mitro.
If we were to progress upwards, I would have money on us coming straight back down.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Sgt Fulham

Was always here. Good chance at top 2 is wildly optimistic. Watch Leeds and WBA and you'll see just how optimistic it is. I agree we shouldn't sack Parker now, what's the point. We've wasted a season because he was the wrong appointment in the first place.

FFC1987

'Good chance of top 2' is a laughable statement. Anyone expecting top 2 at this stage is delusional. How to set other teams up with pressure. Leeds, win comfortably in the early KO putting pressure on us. We implode and made it way less pressurised for WestBrom knowing that even a draw is gaining more points in securing automatic promotion. We really are just pathetic in any sort of pressure scenario.

Jimsbeerbelly

This is another thing that really pee's me off, and, in no way any disrespect to you Grandad, but as sooooon as we are allowed to criticise over a performance like yesterday, we get the old 'where were you when' blah, blah..

Granted, 4 wins, but ultimately through those 4 wins the telltale signs were there, and this defeat to Bristol City was inevitable. To challenge fir the top 2 spots, we need to be on par with Leeds and WBA, winning games convincingly, and blowing teams away.

As it stands, we're not doing that, and our inconsistency is killing us.

I agree, sacking Parker now won't change anything, don't personally have anything against him, it's just the owners thought a Darren Moore type appointment would do it, and it's clearly not.

We will not get promoted under Parker, and I'm willing to have a wager on it. 

Logicalman

To be fair, there are no teams in the current fizzy league that are matching up to WBA or Leeds atm, and the sooner we accept that, the less chance of a cardiac arrest we collectively have.

Is that solely down to Scotty? Would another manager/coach get a much better consistent performance from the squad we have?

He has got it right for the last 4 games prior to this one, though tbf he has cocked it up in other games too, but I would submit that perhaps many other managers/coaches might not even do as well as Scotty has done, remember we are third of 24 teams. The game on Tuesday will be very telling as to whether Scotty has the ability to make changes as any competent manager would do given yesterdays result, though, and I rarely would resort to this excuse, the ref did us no favors, in fact I would say he did Bristol many favors, so is yesterdays game a fair one to go by?

Obviously I'm in the Scotty camp, I'm almost always in the current managers camp, until such time that the performances and results are so poor as not to be acceptable at any level, and overall I don't see that at this time.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Statto

Quote from: Logicalman on December 08, 2019, 02:43:55 PM
Would another manager/coach get a much better consistent performance from the squad we have?

Yes

Forever Fulham

WindyCity

Well, consider the 4 on the trot were against lowly teams for the most part, and FFC did not really look all that convincing in those wins, maybe with one exception.  This club is still not showing any "consistency" in their performances.  Check that, they are consistent with possession and very few good scoring chances in spite of it.  Still looking for ways to convert all that time with the ball into goals scored!  Very frustrating.  Top two now seems a pipe dream.  Best we can hope for is top 6 and take our chances with the playoffs. 

Dodger53

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 08, 2019, 03:29:58 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 08, 2019, 03:20:12 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 08, 2019, 03:00:58 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on December 08, 2019, 02:43:55 PM
Would another manager/coach get a much better consistent performance from the squad we have?

Yes
Yes

Yes, no doubt about it.

Yes, we are getting worse week by week, some good results but good luck gave us some of those and Derby didn't turn up. The football is boring boring boring. The transfer window will be interesting.

Bill2

Hopefully the second half performance will show SPthe players he needs to start with. That includes moving the ball forward quicker but that also demands the midfield start moving into space.

Tabby

I have been consistently unconvinced by Parker, and got a fair amount of stick for it earlier in the season. He is good at making the players happy, but that is where I think his qualities end.

Playoffs should be the absolute minimum expectation with the squad he has. I don't buy the argument that players that have been stars in the Championship a couple of seasons ago are suddenly useless sunday leaguers like I see people argue, it is up to the manager to get them to perform. The string of wins we had recently heavily relied on Rodak to do a convincing impression of a wall and clinical finishing, which isn't sustainable. The QPR and Swansea wins were absolute steals.

I hope he can turn it around somehow, because I don't see him getting replaced while playoffs are in reach.