News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When was the last time you left Craven Cottage and thought ....

Started by Riversider, December 09, 2019, 02:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

That was a great performance ?
Have a think about it, and reply with the last home game that you thought, wow, that was a great performance !

I'm going to suggest the majority will answer , Millwall,
And there my friends lies the answer to our problems ,
Not only are we not good enough at home for automatic promotion
, unless home performances dramatically improve under Parker we will struggle to make the play offs ,
And even if we were to make them, who on here fancies us home and away against either Bristol City, Notts Forest, Sheff Wed or Brentford ?
Not me, that's for sure.

colinwhite

Its not great individual performances that gets you promotion,but a consistent run of form of the type that we had prior to the Bristol city match.Agree that our home results need to improve .

MJG

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2019, 02:20:33 PM
Derby, less than two weeks ago
Agree, very professional although I didn't like the tactical change at the end, but we got the third goal. I think it's partly that performance that makes Saturday look so poor.
Just the views of a long term fan

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2019, 02:20:33 PM
Derby, less than two weeks ago

:plus one:

Also, isn't it a bit far fetched based on the season so far to suggest we will struggle to make the playoffs? We are in fact currently in third place even though many on here seems to suggest we have severely under performed so far.

Riversider

With regards to the Derby "performance ", it must be added , to keep things in perspective,  Derby are poor, and on the day they were missing six first teamers from their line up,
But each to their own.

Sting of the North

Yes, it seems like it is very important to add such perspectives whenever we perform decently. It seems that for some whenever we win it is solely because the opponents were missing key players, didn't show up, we were lucky etc. But we all see games differently, which some may say is part of the beauty of the game.

Also, with such a line of reasoning, it sounds like it is impossible to perform well unless the opposition is also of a high standard, without notable absentees and performing well. Wouldn't that also disqualify the Millwall game, because Millwall is a (comparatively) poor team?

You can only beat what's in front of you, and a good performance is a good performance. In my opinion.

Jim©

I genuinely think Saturday's performance was no where near as bad as people are making out. We created enough chances to win the match and somehow missed out on a point by an inexplicable piece of refereeing. I thought we were very very good against Derby (though not there live) and probably our best half of football was 1st half v West Brom, where we took apart a side that many on here are now lauding over.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Jim© on December 09, 2019, 04:58:33 PM
I genuinely think Saturday's performance was no where near as bad as people are making out. We created enough chances to win the match and somehow missed out on a point by an inexplicable piece of refereeing. I thought we were very very good against Derby (though not there live) and probably our best half of football was 1st half v West Brom, where we took apart a side that many on here are now lauding over.

Agreed. The first half was poor but the second half was a good performance IMO. With any half decent ref we would have gotten at least 1 point.

Seano

I agree, I didnt really understand a lot of the criticism, I actually enjoyed the game. Two evenly matched teams having a close game that could have gone either way, and we were unlucky not to get anything out of it. We had 21 shots to their 12, hit the bar and had a stonewall penalty turned down. I think a lot of the criticism is unfair, and it seems that people arnt happy with only being 3rd because we should be better with so many good players in the team. Or unhappy that we dont have many good players. And good performances don't count as being good performances if we're better than the other team. Who'd be a football manager ?     

SP

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on December 09, 2019, 05:28:11 PM

Agreed. The first half was poor but the second half was a good performance IMO. With any half decent ref we would have gotten at least 1 point.

Agreed +1. As games at home to BCFC go, Saturday was far less painful than I was expecting.  Plenty of room for improvement, but we knew that already.

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on December 09, 2019, 04:47:52 PM
With regards to the Derby "performance ", it must be added , to keep things in perspective,  Derby are poor, and on the day they were missing six first teamers from their line up,
But each to their own.

OK, well just so we all know where the goalposts are before replying, can you clarify what in your opinion constitutes a sufficiently challenging calibre of opposition (top 6?) and what is the minimum number of injuries they can have (more than our current level of 3-5, I hope)

Luka

Could you rephrase the question to read:
When was the last time this season you left CC thinking that was a thrilling performance of fast moving adventurous and incisive football ?

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2019, 06:18:31 PM
But each to their own.

OK, well just so we all know where the goalposts are before replying, can you clarify what in your opinion constitutes a sufficiently challenging calibre of opposition (top 6?) and what is the minimum number of injuries they can have (more than our current level of 3-5, I hope)

Its hard for me to give you an answer that you could understand as you have previously stated that Derby are as good as Bristol City and Brentford,
Which of course the rest of know is a complete and utter load of b******s ,
As I say each to their own.

Twig

If the Derby performance "doesn't count" because they had some injuries can I point out that on Saturday we were missing several first choice players, just look at our bench. You can't have it both ways.

colinwhite

In all we havent had that many poor performances ,certainly over 90 minutes. Some people dont like the football we are playing ,but thats a different issue.We have been poor in the odd half here and there but then again so is any team.

grandad

In their promotion season Brighton just ground out ugly 1-0 games. It is a results business. It worked for them but it is not what I would want to watch every week even resulting in a promotion.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on December 10, 2019, 04:08:44 AM
But each to their own.

Its hard for me to give you an answer that you could understand as you have previously stated that Derby are as good as Bristol City and Brentford,

Not exactly what I said, believe I mentioned Swansea, but nevermind.

Nice to see this thread following your standard pattern of talking rubbish, everyone disagreeing with you, then you getting annoyed and swearing at them  :005:

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on December 10, 2019, 04:08:44 AM
But each to their own.

Obviously you have already decided that Millwall was the last good win (even though as pointed out earlier, Millwall clearly shouldn't count based on lack of quality), and you don't seem even slightly interested in the opinion of others. So yes, to each their own.

Hatch007

[/quote]

I'm one of "the rest" but please don't speak for me.

Your above response is indicative of what irks me so much on this forum. Someone dares to challenge your view, the narrative doesn't go your way and you resort to insults.

I thought Derby was a very good performance and, most importantly, I enjoyed it. You can only beat what's in front of you!