more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker is the problem for me

Started by joef, December 08, 2019, 08:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 10, 2019, 08:13:00 AM
Fulham until lately had the least rotation in the league now we are running around with a half injuried team and players looking like they need a break. The squad rotation is the problem and most of the players playing well are those that have been rested Kamara, Kebano, Christie, Odoi and Rodak.

Struggling to see that correlation myself.

I certainly don't think Rodak is playing better than Bettinelli purely because Rodak was "rested" in the early season.

Bryan was just as poor at defending, and Knockaert was just as ineffective, in the early season when they were fresh.
Or to the extent Knockaert looked mildly better, the recent rest appears to have made him worse.

The injured players, Reed, Reid, Arter and possibly Mcdonald, are all players who were being rotated, so the injuries are nothing to do with fatigue.

I could concede that our ever-present players like Mawson, Cairney and Mitrovic may be a bit jaded but that's the nature of the Championship at this time of year. I don't think anyone in their right mind, here or at any club, would suggest dropping any of them.

RaySmith

They're meant to be fit enough to cope, and you often  play games instead of training though probably inevitably carrying a few knocks.

But the frequency of games must have some  effect, but it's the same for all teams, and shows what you need to  do well in the Championship - plenty of grit and steel, as well as skill and tactical organisation, and  is a lot of the ch.'s  unique appeal.

I think that if you're doing well, all the games don't matter, it's a  case of bring them on, with less  boring training to do, but if you're not doing so well then you might be more likely to be fatigued..

I think players want to play, though inevitable injuries and suspensions give a chance to rest, but then a player probably worries that they won't get their place back.

joef

Slav's promotion team clicked in November that season, the Sheffield Utd game if my memory serves me right. I kind of accepted that the style of possession play takes time to sharpen and expected the same of this year's crop. However it's December and this collective still haven't clicked.
Maybe Preston tonight is the moment 🤞🤞🤞

RaySmith

Let's hope so Joef, though forecast to be very windy tonight.

Yes, think of how long this team and manager's been together, and we've done well, with, I agree, hopefully  a lot more to come.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everyone starts somewhere. Wasn't Eddie Howe an inexperienced manager when he took over at Bournemouth? Gary Monk at Swansea? Both given time to gain the learn. Doing well as managers.
Therefore, not being rash and letting Scott Parker carry on, is the best way forward.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

_Putney_

Outrageous to think Parker should go. 
- We're high up the table
- We'd unlikely be able to get anyone who is going to just miraculously get us in to automatic promotion position...football doesn't work like that...
- Although our possession football is frustrating at times, we are trying to play attractive football, which takes time to click...just like it did for Slav...
- Parker clearly likes the club...I'd take that and not gaining promotion over having a merry-go-round manager who has no connection to the club and leaves the second a sniff of more money comes knocking

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: toshes mate on December 10, 2019, 08:45:21 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 09, 2019, 11:21:47 PM
Ok...

We know everyone's complaint.    Solutions?   
You've touched upon some already - attacking players with reputations should be able to provide the kind of cross Odoi provided to Mitro and do it more than once in every match.  What is it about Knockaert that he must over complicate or make a hurried hash out of so much?  Why is Cavaleiro also seemingly concussed at times?  Why are so many attacks forced (rushed) instead of allowed to build or recreate themselves until a good simple, devastating, pass present itself?  Why is midfield and defence so inclined to produce panic under counter instead of remaining solid.  Confidence is nothing without ability and yet a seasoned professional (like Odoi) knows the virtue of an opening, of momentary look up and play, when others are trying to force things to happen.  This isn't about tempo it is about composure in the moment it is required so that passes are almost perfect and uncomplicated.  Do the simple things right and let the clever stuff grow naturally. Tempo builds naturally once you get the simple things working well.  Slow but sure build.

Too much of Parker and his team is forgetting about building steadily on things that have worked and I think that comes from them rushing their work which is what we often see that on the pitch.  They are either seeing things wrong or they are repeating mistakes.
I agree with all your questions/critiques.  Imagine how good the team can be once Scott figures it out.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: joef on December 10, 2019, 09:36:12 AM
Slav's promotion team clicked in November that season, the Sheffield Utd game if my memory serves me right. I kind of accepted that the style of possession play takes time to sharpen and expected the same of this year's crop. However it's December and this collective still haven't clicked.
Maybe Preston tonight is the moment [emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]
It may have clicked...but the winning didn't start until this time in the season. We'll see what the team does in January. At that point I'll have a more critical view of Scott's management skills (if the team isn't in the top 6)

Quote from: _Putney_ on December 10, 2019, 10:25:58 AM
Outrageous to think Parker should go. 
- We're high up the table
- We'd unlikely be able to get anyone who is going to just miraculously get us in to automatic promotion position...football doesn't work like that...
- Although our possession football is frustrating at times, we are trying to play attractive football, which takes time to click...just like it did for Slav...
- Parker clearly likes the club...I'd take that and not gaining promotion over having a merry-go-round manager who has no connection to the club and leaves the second a sniff of more money comes knocking

Agreed.
Sent from my Huawei Mediapad Pro using Tapatalk

ALG01

I  do think Parker is making to many silly errors
Onomah was clearly wrong to start
waiting to bring on AK was an error after half time
Not having the team playing a higher tempo is a bad error. I do not mind the possession game, it clearly suits us but i do think that  we would be way more effective if cav and knock were quicker to passing the ball especially cav who is very ineffective for me. He is a one tric pony and it isn't working at the moment

Parker's inexperience is clearly shining through and we either wait for him to develop or get him some help.