Parker is the problem for me

Started by joef, December 08, 2019, 08:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: ALG01 on December 09, 2019, 12:45:32 PM
Quote from: Baszab on December 08, 2019, 08:50:03 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 08, 2019, 08:42:58 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on December 08, 2019, 08:38:03 PM
And how did Leeds and West Broms managers get the experience? By not getting sacked after less than half a season. 

Are you suggesting we just wait 10-20 years for Parker to work out Onomah ain't good enough? 

Onomah may be a late developer .....like Vardy

don't think so

Whilst I agree with you, you (or I) would probably not have thought that about Vardy either, which I guess is kind of the point.

With that said, their careers are vastly different and there should probably be many players to better compare Onomah with (players almost breaking through in the PL and then forced to step down a level). Time will tell of course.

snarks

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 09, 2019, 01:29:33 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on December 09, 2019, 12:45:32 PM
Quote from: Baszab on December 08, 2019, 08:50:03 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 08, 2019, 08:42:58 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on December 08, 2019, 08:38:03 PM
And how did Leeds and West Broms managers get the experience? By not getting sacked after less than half a season. 

Are you suggesting we just wait 10-20 years for Parker to work out Onomah ain't good enough? 

Onomah may be a late developer .....like Vardy

don't think so

Whilst I agree with you, you (or I) would probably not have thought that about Vardy either, which I guess is kind of the point.

With that said, their careers are vastly different and there should probably be many players to better compare Onomah with (players almost breaking through in the PL and then forced to step down a level). Time will tell of course.

Yep let's look at Eze let go by millwall and filling supermarket shelves before being picked up by Wycombe, as for Onomah, I get that he is not first or second choice, but I don't get the negativity about him. Similarly I don't get it about Parker, we have more points at this stage in the season that at any time for years in a team that is beset by injuries. We win 4 and it's good, we lose once in a game we dominated and it's doom and gloom

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Luka on December 09, 2019, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 08, 2019, 09:52:24 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 08, 2019, 09:14:23 PM
Look at the much vaunted squad for yesterday. The underperforming Knockaert starts, there is no Reid, Reed or Arter who between them offer bite and attacking options, on the bench we had "needs more time", " previous scapegoat"', two youngsters, the untried Kebano and AK.
Competitive Championship squad on a level with about ten other teams but runaway top two. Nope.

So you would have swapped that Bristol City XI for ours?

Maybe not the entire eleven but would take the manager, both the centre backs and their number 42 all day long.

A strange left field proposition but not all eleven no. City fans are hailing the win as the performance of the season, despite walloping Huddersfield last time out, and concede we should have had a penalty but.... Nagy and Massengo would do nicely bolstering the spine with Harrison Reed and Wieman up front put in more of a shift than Mitro. If you want to take this line further afield then Bowen, Matheus Pereira and Livermore from the Baggies, (that's cheating a bit I know), Grabban at Forest and if I get time to research it a guy from Wednesday, Derby and Brentford.

Statto

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 09, 2019, 04:26:45 PM
Quote from: Luka on December 09, 2019, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 08, 2019, 09:52:24 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 08, 2019, 09:14:23 PM
Look at the much vaunted squad for yesterday. The underperforming Knockaert starts, there is no Reid, Reed or Arter who between them offer bite and attacking options, on the bench we had "needs more time", " previous scapegoat"', two youngsters, the untried Kebano and AK.
Competitive Championship squad on a level with about ten other teams but runaway top two. Nope.

So you would have swapped that Bristol City XI for ours?

Maybe not the entire eleven but would take the manager, both the centre backs and their number 42 all day long.

A strange left field proposition but not all eleven no. City fans are hailing the win as the performance of the season, despite walloping Huddersfield last time out, and concede we should have had a penalty but.... Nagy and Massengo would do nicely bolstering the spine with Harrison Reed and Wieman up front put in more of a shift than Mitro. If you want to take this line further afield then Bowen, Matheus Pereira and Livermore from the Baggies, (that's cheating a bit I know), Grabban at Forest and if I get time to research it a guy from Wednesday, Derby and Brentford.

Well hold on. Bristol City are the 3rd best team in this division as it stands (excluding us) and you'd only take 3 of their players into our starting XI. Do you not think that inconsistent with your previous statement that we're "on a level with about ten other teams but [not] top two"?

And that's without even challenging your suggestion that Nagy and Massengo are better options than Cairney and Johansen, which actually, I suspect lots of fans would disagree with

ScalleysDad

SuffolkWhite

The obsrrvations above are right and wrong. Surely if this team clicks and finds their way we will be in a great position. One game at a time and us as fans need to support and be vocal when the backs are against the wall, we are part of this! Still 3rd!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

The problem with Parker is his inexperience as a manager, but hopefully, he learns quickly from the errors he's making

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on December 08, 2019, 11:45:24 PM
Ranieri is an experienced manger, so is Magath, and look where that got us.
Parker is not doing as bad as people on here make out.

Don't forget Slav only had 7 wins at this time in the 17/18 season.

But let's throw out the bed with the bathwater instead of allowing Scott Parker to make adjustments.

bahay18

I think The big difference between this season and Slavs season was that we all knew all we needed was a centre forward . He duly arrived and away we went . But this year the feeling is the players are there but it's the system that is wrong ?

PartizanFC

Parker is not the main problem...If the club recognized his potential to be long term coach there is some ways to make his possition easier untill he settled himself and gain confidence

one example...obviously i am PartizanFc fan...6 months ago Savo Milosevic(ex AstonVilla player) take coach seat without 1 day of any coaching expirience,even with youth teams....but he surrounded himself with good support team...2 expirienced coaches for tactics,another one for stamina and strenght and few others for analytics...public predictions was..1 month untill someone else replace him...He finished serbian ligue on third place,secured europa lique qualifications....get in euro ligue,played against Man utd and Az alkmar...

What is the point..Parker is newbie but i am not sure he sourounded himself with quality support..I watched every single Fulham game since he replaced Ranieri...we dont have plan B...if things goes bad...very difficult to change something except hope in pure inspiration and individual quality of few our players.
Most of his changings in game are  predictable...Cristie,Kebano,Kamara...Too many chances for ..in my oppinion..very bad Knockeart

At other way..maybe his arms are tied....and i think its the main problem of this squad....this squad have no depth..14-15 players cant keep form in 50-55 games...Maybe it will be enough to reach playyoff place...if injuries avoid squad...MAYBE(very very big maybe) we can reach promotion but with this strengh of squad we dont have chance there...
We are 50% weaker then last year....so next transfer window is crucial for future of this club for maybe next 5 years....becouse..if we not get promoted...our main players will deffinitly gave up and go to clubs with more ambitious plans

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bahay18 on December 09, 2019, 07:42:12 PM
I think The big difference between this season and Slavs season was that we all knew all we needed was a centre forward . He duly arrived and away we went . But this year the feeling is the players are there but it's the system that is wrong ?

So, you want to change a system that has Mitro the highest scoring player in the league?   Personally I think Knockhart and Mitro don't play well together.   

bahay18

No , I'm saying the main reason we had an indifferent start in Slavs year was because we were waiting for a centre forward to arrive . Mitro arrived and it all came together like we thought it would . This year Parker has all the tools available now , So I don't think a comparison to how many points Slav has is valid , 2 different scenarios . I.e we won't get a Mitro Mark 2
Boost in January .

Ronnief

Watching Arsenal tonight has Parker and Ljungberg been on the same coaching course? 

Fulham1959

Quote from: Statto on December 08, 2019, 08:38:58 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 08, 2019, 08:11:11 PM
Shock News
Football fan not happy with team's performance.  Blames manager.

In fairness, criticism over the past five years on here has generallyy been directed at Tony Khan and his signings not being good enough

So for fans to be saying TK has done a good job but the manager is not getting the best out of those players, is indeed "shock news" around here

I deliberately wrote "Football fan" and not "Fulham fan". 

Only 3 teams will get promoted - their fans will be very happy.  3 teams will get relegated - their fans will be very unhappy.  The fans of the other 18 teams will mostly be very unhappy too.  And thus it will always be.  Fans are always the experts, but managers are seldom seen to be so.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Ronnief on December 09, 2019, 08:54:50 PM
Watching Arsenal tonight has Parker and Ljungberg been on the same coaching course?

They have done the same coaching badges. I don't understand why we give young managers a go, most players peak around 24-28 years old and most managers should peak 45-50 years old. We got Parker a decade too early. Very promising manager at 38 yo, but should be coaching Fulham u23 or Charlton.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: bahay18 on December 09, 2019, 07:42:12 PM

Yes and Cairney had a recurring knee injury which kept him out for many games at the start.

AnOldBrownie

Ok...

We know everyone's complaint.    Solutions?   

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 09, 2019, 11:21:47 PM
Ok...

Three possible solutions: Leeds twice, plan for the playoffs or plan for next season.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: PartizanFC on December 09, 2019, 07:44:44 PM
Parker is not the main problem...If the club recognized his potential to be long term coach there is some ways to make his possition easier untill he settled himself and gain confidence

one example...obviously i am PartizanFc fan...6 months ago Savo Milosevic(ex AstonVilla player) take coach seat without 1 day of any coaching expirience,even with youth teams....but he surrounded himself with good support team...2 expirienced coaches for tactics,another one for stamina and strenght and few others for analytics...public predictions was..1 month untill someone else replace him...He finished serbian ligue on third place,secured europa lique qualifications....get in euro ligue,played against Man utd and Az alkmar...

What is the point..Parker is newbie but i am not sure he sourounded himself with quality support..I watched every single Fulham game since he replaced Ranieri...we dont have plan B...if things goes bad...very difficult to change something except hope in pure inspiration and individual quality of few our players.
Most of his changings in game are  predictable...Cristie,Kebano,Kamara...Too many chances for ..in my oppinion..very bad Knockeart

At other way..maybe his arms are tied....and i think its the main problem of this squad....this squad have no depth..14-15 players cant keep form in 50-55 games...Maybe it will be enough to reach playyoff place...if injuries avoid squad...MAYBE(very very big maybe) we can reach promotion but with this strengh of squad we dont have chance there...
We are 50% weaker then last year....so next transfer window is crucial for future of this club for maybe next 5 years....becouse..if we not get promoted...our main players will deffinitly gave up and go to clubs with more ambitious plans

Fulham until lately had the least rotation in the league now we are running around with a half injuried team and players looking like they need a break. The squad rotation is the problem and most of the players playing well are those that have been rested Kamara, Kebano, Christie, Odoi and Rodak.

toshes mate

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 09, 2019, 11:21:47 PM
Ok...

You've touched upon some already - attacking players with reputations should be able to provide the kind of cross Odoi provided to Mitro and do it more than once in every match.  What is it about Knockaert that he must over complicate or make a hurried hash out of so much?  Why is Cavaleiro also seemingly concussed at times?  Why are so many attacks forced (rushed) instead of allowed to build or recreate themselves until a good simple, devastating, pass present itself?  Why is midfield and defence so inclined to produce panic under counter instead of remaining solid.  Confidence is nothing without ability and yet a seasoned professional (like Odoi) knows the virtue of an opening, of momentary look up and play, when others are trying to force things to happen.  This isn't about tempo it is about composure in the moment it is required so that passes are almost perfect and uncomplicated.  Do the simple things right and let the clever stuff grow naturally. Tempo builds naturally once you get the simple things working well.  Slow but sure build.

Too much of Parker and his team is forgetting about building steadily on things that have worked and I think that comes from them rushing their work which is what we often see that on the pitch.  They are either seeing things wrong or they are repeating mistakes.