Parker Out!
97 (56.7%)
Give him more time
74 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 171

davew

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 14, 2019, 05:26:16 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on December 14, 2019, 05:23:20 PM
No comment. I'll get stick from a few posters if I do....
Why? Don't hold back. It's a place for Fulham fans to express their opinions.  We may not always agree on everything but the one thing that binds us is that we're all Fulham fans and only want the best for the club.
And that we nearly all agree Parker out!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Milo

Joka but this time no huge wholesale personnel changes IF we go back up? Just upgrade our CB, RB, and CM.

spikey norman

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on December 14, 2019, 05:31:04 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 14, 2019, 05:28:33 PM
Quote from: davew on December 14, 2019, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on December 14, 2019, 05:07:09 PM
Chris Hughton in
He would be a good choice!!

He's got 3 teams promoted from the Championship - get the guy in now.
0001.jpeg
He was also Knockhaert's manager when he was voted Championship player of the season in 2017 so could get more out of him than Parker seems to be doing.

RaySmith

Thinking of Kamara's goal at City in the Great escape, for the greatest goals thread, I thought of Hodgson's level of organisation, based on  a sound defence.

We certainly could do with that now.

But changing the manager isn't always the answer (I don't think Hodgson is available anyway, though Big Sam might be the closest man available!) - look at last season, and , indeed,  other seasons. WE seem to  get worse, more times than  striking lucky.

Now is the time for cool heads. We are still in the top 6, just about, and have had a lot of injuries.
I think Scott deserves more time,and sacking him now is a bit of a knee jerk response.

Who would we get anyway? I mentioned Big Sam, but would the Khans employ him? and  I think many of our fans would be opposed to this.

Scott knows the players, and has developed a possession style  based on Slavisa's, and i think  this sstill a work in progress.
We also seem to have  too many players losing form at the same time, and injuries.

The main thing is that defeats can breed lack of confidence and self belief, just as winning can have the opposite effect.
As fans, we should get behind the team and manager, whatever we think - constant criticism  usually makes thing worse. Remember that Slavisa had bad runs, with  many calling for his head.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: RaySmith on December 14, 2019, 05:44:22 PM
Thinking of Kamara's goal at City in the Great escape, for the greatest goals thread, I thought of Hodgson's level of organisation, based on  a sound defence.

We certainly could do with that now.

But changing the manager isn't always the answer (I don't think Hodgson is available anyway, though Big Sam might be the closest man available!) - look at last season, and , indeed,  other seasons. WE seem to  get worse, more times than  striking lucky.

Now is the time for cool heads. We are still in the top 6, just about, and have had a lot of injuries.
I think Scott deserves more time,and sacking him now is a bit of a knee jerk response.

Who would we get anyway? I mentioned Big Sam, but would the Khans employ him? and  I think many of our fans would be opposed to this.

Scott knows the players, and has developed a possession style  based on Slavisa's, and i think  this sstill a work in progress.
We also seem to have  too many players losing form at the same time, and injuries.

The main thing is that defeats can breed lack of confidence and self belief, just as winning can have the opposite effect.
As fans, we should get behind the team and manager, whatever we think - constant criticism  usually makes thing worse. Remember that Slavisa had bad runs, with  many calling for his head.

0001.gif

Asotosyios

I am no Parker fan and won't be upset if he goes, but think we should stick with him for the time being. We are talking about stability, but want to change managers every six months.

What doesn't make sense is that everyone wants him out because even when the team wins, the football is not pleasant on the eye. However, all the candidates proposed here (Allardyce, Hughton, Karanka) are not exactly advocates of the...beautiful game.

Denver Fulham

Parker has turned his scared pirouettes into an entire "attacking" system. No risk is too small to avoid, no pass is too telegraphed to easily cut out. Everyone has "lost their form" at the same time because the tactics are pitiful.

Sgt Fulham

What a mistake signing Parker was. Awful player, awful manager. A true curse on the club. The opposite of a legend. Get him out ffs.

Worcesterwhite

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 14, 2019, 06:15:16 PM
What a mistake signing Parker was. Awful player, awful manager. A true curse on the club. The opposite of a legend. Get him out ffs.
Got to agree with the curse reference, the only year in the last 5 He was not here we got promoted! He makes his return and we get relegated, now his big chance and the bloke hasn't a clue, get him gone and please don't bring him back again!

fcfulham55

I feel that we should sadly sack Parker. I do hope he's learnt a lot. But for us to get promoted we need someone with experience.

And that's not Warnock. Slav back in a heartbeat.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Penfold

Jacksonville Jaguars? Absolute losers are they not? But don't need to be winners due to bizarre yank sports.

Baszab

Khan will never let SJ back
Lose face......
and they had a row after the Liverpool game and Khan basically told him to F off

Matt10

Think his job is on the line against Leeds. Make or break moment. I like his press conference comments though, so I'm intrigued to see what the response is next weekend.

Ordar

Our current record against teams in the top 8
Wins - ZERO
Draws - 2
Losses - 4

davew

Quote from: Ordar on December 14, 2019, 06:55:11 PM
Our current record against teams in the top 8
Wins - ZERO
Draws - 2
Losses - 4
Brilliant which means we still have 2 more to lose to, at least the next 1 will only be a week away!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Luka

Even if we end up challenging for  promotion I vote him out. The football he plays is utter garbage to watch.
And more importantly the players don't seem to want to play it for him now.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Luka on December 14, 2019, 07:07:46 PM

Even if we end up challenging for  promotion I vote him out. The football he plays is utter garbage to watch.
And more importantly the players don't seem to want to play it for him now.

Agreed

joef

I said after last weekends defeat To Bristol City that Parker is the problem for me, and we've lost 2 games in the subsequent week and I would bank on us losing to Leeds.

This team have not galvanised around his style of play, which from what I can tell is sideways and backwards slow possession across the back 4 in our half. It's awful to watch and bar Millwall and the odd half we haven't put together a decent performance. It's just boring and disjointed.

Parker is too inexperienced (not his fault, our fault for hiring him) to get us out this league and I truly believe a better manager would have this team playing much better.

I like Parker, and hope one day he can become a good manager but don't want my club being the experimental ground for his education in management. There are lower clubs with lower expectations better suited for rookie managers to come in and make a name for themselves.  We are a decent club, with decent players and should be aiming for high calibre managers.

Nick Bateman

Fulham seem to be influenced by the failed tactics of Pochettino, slowly passing around at the back until we lose the ball. It's far too pedantic and as someone mentioned earlier, no sense of urgency. He knows the team but doesn't know how to motivate them. As yet I am unsure whether to back him or sack and does depend on the replacement.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Baszab

When we started singing "you don't know what you're doing" I fear the end is nigh