watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another Question

Started by Jims Dentist, December 15, 2019, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

If a big bid comes in for Cairney in January should we consider it?

Dr Know

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 15, 2019, 06:41:57 PM
If a big bid comes in for Cairney in January should we consider it?
What constitutes a big bid Jim ?

Whitestone

No way. Probably won't happen anyway but Tom is vital to our team and the ambitions for this season.

Sgt Fulham

No. Hes not the problem; we are lucky to have him.

Sting of the North

Absolutely not. The guy is a class above most players in this division.

FFC1987

I fear, we may not have the option come January. We've pissed about enough, he deserves a proper go in the prem for me. I'd not hold it against him if he wanted out in Jan, especially if we keep Parker.

Robbie

filham

Essential we don't lose any players, they are not easily replaced. We really need a season of stability.

Facts Not Fiction

He's proved that he's not up to the required level to be a solid PL player, mainly due to his onefootedness.

I have no concern about him going anywhere.

One Martin Thomas

One footed and too slow ... who'd want him ?

The Rational Fan

If we sell Cairney we gain £15m for FFP and if we sell Seri we lose £15m for FFP. Is Cairney worth £30m more than Seri?

Is "Cairney with Stefjo and Onamah" better than "Seri with two other midfielders worth £15m each (e.g. Phillip Billing and Juan Mata)?

If Cairney cannot get us promoted this season, it is highly we will be scavenging around for FFP money and Cairney is our biggest cash cow.

Woolly Mammoth

I had to look at the League Table to remind myself that we are not even halfway through our fixtures, yet there is a lot of Doo m and gloom on here recently with talk about players leaving, the manager being replaced despite losing the last three matches we are still in the play offs.
This disappointing run has to finish sometime, and sooner rather than later.
We should be talking about new players joining in January and not just a Hector. Also talking about Kebano having a well deserved start, and one or two players from the youth like Matt O'Reilly getting some playing time. They cannot do any worse at the moment, it needs a little freshening up, just to try and make things happen. No need to drive to Beachy Head yet I would have thought.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 15, 2019, 10:19:11 PM
If we sell Cairney we gain £15m for FFP and if we sell Seri we lose £15m for FFP. Is Cairney worth £30m more than Seri?

Even if you ignore the rumours that we allocated much of the combined Seri/MLM fee to MLM, and assume we signed Seri for say £25m, at the end of this season he's two years into a four-year deal, so will have a book value of £12.5m. So in your scenario, are you assuming we sell Seri for -£2.5m, ie, we pay someone £2.5m to take him off our hands? Because that's the only way I can see you getting to a £15m loss. In any case, that also ignores his wages, which I'm guessing will be £3m higher than Cairney's over the last two years of his contract. 

hovewhite

More likely to lose O'Riley as he's a quality up and coming player

Southdowns White

Yep, take the money, he has been found out by most clubs in this division, not nearly as productive as he was two years ago. He has plenty of skill but his ability to up the tempo of the team has reduced and that's with Knockaert and Cavaleiro on the pitch. We should one of the fastest teams in the division, of course Parker should be setting the pace from the sidelines but at the moment it's more like slow motion.