News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most needed purchase in the Winter Transfer window?

Started by The Rational Fan, December 17, 2019, 02:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the winter transfer window, what position should be FFC biggest purchase (in addition to Michael Hector)?

Goalkeeper
Right Back
Right Centre Back
Left Centre Back
Left Back
Defensive Midfield
Central Midfield
Attacking Midfield
Right Winger
Centre Forward/Second Striker
Left Winger
Utility Defensive Player
Utility Midfield Player
Utility Attacking Player
Michael Hector is enough
Other

The Rational Fan

In the winter transfer window, what position should be FFC biggest purchase for the First XI?

Woolly Mammoth

We need more than one addition, but one is a right centre back for me.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Other - new manager

That's by far our weakest position and also by far the cheapest to replace

charlieFFC

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Statto on December 17, 2019, 08:16:28 AM
Other - new manager

:plus one:

Sting of the North

Don't think we need any new players. The ones we have should be good enough to compete for promotion. If, for some reason a PL quality player could become available and affordable, then that would always be welcome. If so, I would prefer a defensive midfielder that walks straight into the starting eleven. 

FFC1987

Other - new manager

I put the same.

Worcesterwhite

Other - new manager

Agree, no point in buying anyone because while the tactics from the manager are inept it would be wasted wages and transfer fee. We have been worked out by other teams, only a change of manger or a Christmas miracle the manger realises he has to change the style play would have the biggest impact.

Milo

sarnian

Any commanding organising defender or midfielder with the personality to lift and inspire both the players around him and us supporters

The Swan

I said it before and I will say it again we need to replace Scott Parker.
The Swan

The Rational Fan

Votes surprise me so much focus on defense. My reminder is we have only scored 15 goals from the back ten, which is relegation worthy.

We have a top six defense in terms of goal conceded and an enormous 18 goals scored (Mitro 16 and Kamara 2 as sole CF) by the player leading the line.

When we started the season, i was hoping to be like last seasons Norwich that is top 6 defence (achieved barely), a top 3 goalscorers not including the CF (we are about 20th) and the leading CF goalscorer the league (achieved).

The Rational Fan

Quote from: The Swan on December 17, 2019, 01:37:32 PM
I said it before and I will say it again we need to replace Scott Parker.

Scott Parker has been a much better manager than i expected, but i didn't expect much he was a terrible assistant coach based on results while working with formerly great managers (when they had other assistants).

I was in the minority that thought Tony Khan bought decently (not good and not bad) last season, in my opinion, players turned crap after arriving and when that keeps happening you have to blame the coaching staff rather than recruitment.

Fabri won the Super Lig goalkeeper of the season May 2018 and was rubbish by July 2018 (2 months later). Seri has a top player in Ligue 1, started well and then forgot how to play football in October. Now the same has happened to Knockaert and Reid, while Arter mental game seems to be worse than ever and Fulham have 3 reds in 22 games.

With so many players not performing their best, the coach must explain the problem or we get a new coach.

love4ffc

More worried about LB then RB.  Hector comes in and I would assume Mawson goes to the bench.  Think Odoi, Steven Sess and Christie are more than capable at this level. 

Remember, Bryan get hurt or red card and we only have MLM who is injured.  We need someone to help cover for LB. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: love4ffc on December 18, 2019, 12:16:18 AM
More worried about LB then RB.  Hector comes in and I would assume Mawson goes to the bench.  Think Odoi, Steven Sess and Christie are more than capable at this level. 

Remember, Bryan get hurt or red card and we only have MLM who is injured.  We need someone to help cover for LB.

If we got another left-back, I wonder if we could use Joe Bryan as a defensive midfielder, left midfielder or left winger cover if required. Anything as long as Joe Bryan is not a centre back ever again.

YankeeJim

If Hector is capable than what I think we need is someone that can get the ball to Mitro. It is criminal that we have such a great striker and he goes many games seldom seeing the ball. Yea its nice to have name attackers on the outside but they are not scoring nor are they getting the ball to Mitro, are they? Carney is more adept at a deep lying roll rather than as a forward play maker. Ream will suffice for the remainder of the season at this level and we can look for a replacement next summer (along with a rt back). Given the interstate highways that open up on our back line, Odai (or Christi), Ream and Hector need to stay home.

That and QUIT ping ponging the ball about our own goal.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Forever Fulham

replacement for Mawson
a holding mid
a brain for Odoi
outside mids who will transition back on the counter
a new manager.
and no more endless possession without advancement.

@jolslover

Our squad is already good enough to win the league on paper- if we are serious about promotion a new manager is needed
STH H3

toshes mate

To be fair to everyone who has played in the shirt this season, I just don't believe our tactics, formations, instructions, and player compliance with instructions, have worked.  They haven't worked because they are either over complicated or they deal with one weakness or problem by creating another weakness or problem.  That is down to naivety in the coaching team and the problem with changing that is the multi-match minimum adjustment period which can happen even with new manager bounce. 

And so I would sign a right back with excellent pace, good size and build, excellent defensive ability and a temperament and character that allows them to partner up with teammates very quickly. Such a player may work the oracle for Parker but even if they don't they provide a key purpose for another assault on the Championship next season with a new coach.  Players like Knockaert, Cavaleiro and Arter can become more surplus to requirements if you get your attacking base absolutely right.  In the summer we would need to look for a left back in a similar vein but retain Bryan who could become a useful left winger as well a being defensive cover.     

alfulham