more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Made it through the week

Started by bahay18, December 18, 2019, 01:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 20, 2019, 09:52:29 PM
This obsession with sacking managers, as though there is a quick fix miracle worker waiting round the corner is dilusional.
The only managers waiting round the corner are managers who have already been sacked themselves by trigger happy clubs with trigger happy supporters. These are not Computor games. .

There are such things as poor managers or at least inexperienced managers who are currently poor. Parker hasn't shown me a single thing to suggest he isnt in that bracket. Also how is Chris Hughton a poor or failed manager? In fact there's plenty of available managers with more pedigree than Parker,  even if there's the odd failure in there. I personally don't see why anyone feels that Parker deserves more time.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 20, 2019, 10:47:27 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 20, 2019, 09:52:29 PM
This obsession with sacking managers, as though there is a quick fix miracle worker waiting round the corner is dilusional.
The only managers waiting round the corner are managers who have already been sacked themselves by trigger happy clubs with trigger happy supporters. These are not Computor games. .

There are such things as poor managers or at least inexperienced managers who are currently poor. Parker hasn't shown me a single thing to suggest he isnt in that bracket. Also how is Chris Hughton a poor or failed manager? In fact there's plenty of available managers with more pedigree than Parker,  even if there's the odd failure in there. I personally don't see why anyone feels that Parker deserves more time.

Because as a football manager/ coach with a team relegated under very bad circumstances last season, with the job of picking up the pieces, restoring confidence, rebuilding and introducing new players including loanees, and with a new system of play, and with a defence with more holes in it than a Trawler mans net.
Yes I reckon he deserves more time. The grass is not always greener on the other side. As Fulham FC have found out more often than not in the past, as many many other clubs have.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Spirit of 2000

A manager taking a pre season promotion favourite closer mid table than top 3. Playing turgid dull football with the biggest wage bill in the division,  the best striker in the division and more strength in depth than teams like Brentford and Preston who are above us. Parker out!

The Rock

I understand these threads. We won 4 on the trot at really good value. We lose 4 against top teams and sussed for not investing in defenders. I really rate most of the posters on here and appreciate the guidance and expectation.

Gosh, isn't this Tony's job?

The Rock

I also rate Parker, and rated SJ, for the record.

Woolly Mammoth

The preseason promotion favourites was fools gold, and the believers of that description are easily pleased. He inherited defenders that all had their shortcomings, and not a single leader or anyone capable of marshalling the defence amongst them. As for Mitro, considering how isolated he is in matches, he has achieved over and above what he should have done. He needs support and a partner whether laying deeper in the hole or pressing their last defender. But to do that, the manager needs the right players, not square pegs in round holes, and the right players with the right charactors, not somebody else's choice who is not qualified. The jig saw is incomplete, the right hand never knew what the left hand was doing.
Yet despite all the problems Fulham find themselves still in a play off position, but facing down the Barrel of a Leeds United team that is heading for an automatic spot. Which way will that go later today. Who knows, but with more than half the season left, and a transfer window round the corner, and a current manager who knows his playing squad inside out, as well as the academy.
It's a case of listing the advantages against the disadvantages of changing a manager under the current circumstances.
Now if Fulham were in the bottom 6 as opposed to the top 6, I may be inclined to have second thoughts about SP but not yet. 

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on December 21, 2019, 01:53:00 AM
I understand these threads. We won 4 on the trot at really good value. We lose 4 against top teams and sussed for not investing in defenders. I really rate most of the posters on here and appreciate the guidance and expectation.

Gosh, isn't this Tony's job?

Now you mention it, spot on,  so it most definitely is.

Never forget your Roots.