watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Made it through the week

Started by bahay18, December 18, 2019, 01:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahay18

So looks like Parker has made it through the week. For me that suggests he will get the Christmas run as well . It would be very difficult to get someone in that period I would think and probably not wise to be manager less for 3 games in quick session . So next window in theory would be 2nd jan where you have a cup break before the next league game and a chance for a new manager to
Have a week with the team . Fingers crossed for Parker where surely this next 4 games decides his fate. I hope he has a full squad to work with and they are inspired by and always noisy ground when Leeds come to town

Artful Dodger

I hope we win 4 on the trot and Parker still has a job but my confidence isn't high in expecting that outcome! A disappointing home defeat Saturday could still see Parker out especially if the crowd turn against him.....
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

ByTheRiver

Whilst that does make sense, so would getting a new manager in for that run of games (should we lose to Leeds and be far out of touch of autos) to give them a couple of games to look at squad before window opens on 1st Jan, so they can get a feel for what area(s) they feel they need to strengthen/to play the style or formation they have in mind.

sarnian

Parker will still be manager at the end of the season. Get used to it.

davew

Quote from: sarnian on December 18, 2019, 03:42:03 PM
You are probably right and Happy New Year for all us FFC fans, 2021 will be better!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Statto

It would never have made sense to bring in a new manager just before, or in the middle of, the busy Christmas period IMO.

But there can be no doubt he's hanging by a thread at the moment.

If I had to guess (and it would just be a guess) I'd say that if we lose to Leeds they'll start approaching replacements.

Then in the absence of a miracle turnaround, I agree it makes sense to pull the trigger in the cup break as you say.

ALG01

I realy do not understand these threads.

IMO Parker's position is in no danger. If we lose 6 more on the spin I will revise that but we are in a reasonable position, have not hot top form and with a couple of good defensive acquisitions in January should be set fair for a top four finish, I hope. A change of manager would surely see our prospects tumble based on the current owners dreadful record in picking managers/

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: ALG01 on December 19, 2019, 10:05:48 PM
I realy do not understand these threads.

IMO Parker's position is in no danger. If we lose 6 more on the spin I will revise that but we are in a reasonable position, have not hot top form and with a couple of good defensive acquisitions in January should be set fair for a top four finish, I hope. A change of manager would surely see our prospects tumble based on the current owners dreadful record in picking managers/

6 more on the spin, so, you'd be happy to keep a coach that's lost 9 consecutive games? WOW

Whitesideup

Quote from: Artful Dodger on December 18, 2019, 01:04:16 PM
I hope we win 4 on the trot and Parker still has a job but my confidence isn't high in expecting that outcome! A disappointing home defeat Saturday could still see Parker out especially if the crowd turn against him.....
It depends what you mean by disappointing defeat. Narrow loss with a good performance would not be too much of a problem, I wouldn't have thought. I'm not sure that the crowd are as negative as some on this board who according to the Parker Out poll, are probably the majority. What we don't want to see is a disjointed display with no attacking coherence and very little impact in the final third compounded by poor defending and shipping soft goals.

Spirit of 2000

If we lose to Leeds IMO his position is untenable. Stick Stuart Gray in charge until Jan.

toshes mate

If history tells us anything about the present it is either that the Khans would have been preparing for their next move for a while now (but perhaps more discretely than those times before involving dinner with someone), or they are accepting of a commitment to Parker that really should last at least the whole of this season.  For the latter choice you should recall the bitterness felt by many fans (if not the majority) about the naive changes the Khans' made last season when, at least, Parker was a familiar face.   The Khans have tried the 'big name' route, the 'collective brains' approach, the 'quality assured from reputation' approach, alongside more desperate 'clutching of straws' strategy and only once have they nailed the shot in terms of results.  Although Parker is a 'miss' right now the Khans would have also, like many others, responded to the four wins in a row by figuratively punching the air (okay junior may have punched his dad but he didn't mean it).

My personal view about changing managers is as cautious as it ever was but then I still believe the sacking of Jokanovic was, at the very least, distasteful in every respect.     

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: toshes mate on December 20, 2019, 09:32:22 AM
If history tells us anything about the present it is either that the Khans would have been preparing for their next move for a while now (but perhaps more discretely than those times before involving dinner with someone), or they are accepting of a commitment to Parker that really should last at least the whole of this season.  For the latter choice you should recall the bitterness felt by many fans (if not the majority) about the naive changes the Khans' made last season when, at least, Parker was a familiar face.   The Khans have tried the 'big name' route, the 'collective brains' approach, the 'quality assured from reputation' approach, alongside more desperate 'clutching of straws' strategy and only once have they nailed the shot in terms of results.  Although Parker is a 'miss' right now the Khans would have also, like many others, responded to the four wins in a row by figuratively punching the air (okay junior may have punched his dad but he didn't mean it).

My personal view about changing managers is as cautious as it ever was but then I still believe the sacking of Jokanovic was, at the very least, distasteful in every respect.   

Rumours abound (and yes it is only Twitter based and other messageboard rumours) - that some of the "bigger hitters" in the squad are losing patience and respect for the manager. The "performance" as it was - at Brentford and to an extent the Preston & Bristol City games seems to add some credence to this as body language of individuals mixed with lack of team spirit & fight of the whole side points to internal issues being at least very possible. Should Leeds beat us or for that matter thump us about 3-0 which isn't beyond realistic, the side leaves the field to a chorus of boos and shouts of "Parker out" from the stands (not unlikely in those circumstances) - do the board really then take responsibility for leaving a dead man walking in situ who's lost the fans & much of the squad?? Seems unlikely to me - even if it is Stuart Gray until January.

filham

Quote from: davew on December 19, 2019, 09:37:47 PM
You are probably right and Happy New Year for all us FFC fans, 2021 will be better!!
That will make sense, to do anything else would be foolish.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: filham on December 20, 2019, 10:18:37 AM
Quote from: davew on December 19, 2019, 09:37:47 PM
That will make sense, to do anything else would be foolish.

If he's lost the dressing room & fans - or is getting close to that situation, then the opposite applies. NOT getting rid of him would be incredibly foolish.

toshes mate

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 20, 2019, 09:56:41 AM
Rumours abound (and yes it is only Twitter based and other messageboard rumours) - that some of the "bigger hitters" in the squad are losing patience and respect for the manager. The "performance" as it was - at Brentford and to an extent the Preston & Bristol City games seems to add some credence to this as body language of individuals mixed with lack of team spirit & fight of the whole side points to internal issues being at least very possible. Should Leeds beat us or for that matter thump us about 3-0 which isn't beyond realistic, the side leaves the field to a chorus of boos and shouts of "Parker out" from the stands (not unlikely in those circumstances) - do the board really then take responsibility for leaving a dead man walking in situ who's lost the fans & much of the squad?? Seems unlikely to me - even if it is Stuart Gray until January.
If Parker is losing, or has lost the dressing room already, is of significant importance to the health of the Club and I feel that many commenters on here have already sussed that Parker's post game reaction to the Brentford result could be interpreted as either courageous or desperate.   I favour the latter because why else would he use a word like 'togetherness' to describe his remedial plan?   Perhaps it was just a bad choice of word or an unwillingness to accept that a sequence of poor performances (including those less than impressive ones in the four wins) is a justifiable criticism of his methods, but, in my books, all results are blips unless you play the game back in your mind and say it couldn't have turned out any other way.  In other words Parker is stupid to imagine that good blips are essentially different to bad blips, since they are still blips.  Now if his basic reasoning is already in a lapse then he is certainly on thin ice so far as his football intelligent squad mates are concerned and it will not take much for war to break out, and any war could be the final nail. 

And so a lot will hang on what team turns up at the Cottage tomorrow and just how far the rot has eaten into player morale.  I hope the Khans are there.

deadcowboys

Can't myself see Parker losing the dressing room, after all most of the team were pushing for him to be given the job 6 months ago.

Although the performances haven't always been that great, we have lost our way in my view due to injuries to Arter, Reed, McDonald in the DM role & Reid. Get them all fit & we are a better team.

Robbie

Why would fire a manager in the Championship for losing three matches, and when we are in the play offs at Xmas?

Blimey, calm down.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Robbie on December 20, 2019, 07:06:30 PM
Why would fire a manager in the Championship for losing three matches, and when we are in the play offs at Xmas?

Blimey, calm down.

If we lose to Leeds is 4 on the spin and one of the pre season favourites are mid table and about 14 points off the automatics. That's grounds to sack him IMO.

Woolly Mammoth

This obsession with sacking managers, as though there is a quick fix miracle worker waiting round the corner is dilusional.
The only managers waiting round the corner are managers who have already been sacked themselves by trigger happy clubs with trigger happy supporters. These are not Computor games. .
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

deadcowboys

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 20, 2019, 09:52:29 PM
This obsession with sacking managers, as though there is a quick fix miracle worker waiting round the corner is dilusional.
The only managers waiting round the corner are managers who have already been sacked themselves by trigger happy clubs with trigger happy supporters. These are not Computor games. .

So very true Woolly.