Started by FC Silver Fox, December 18, 2019, 04:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 18, 2019, 08:10:21 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 18, 2019, 07:00:22 PM
Welcome back FC Silver Fox
IMO I'd only lose Scott for Tigana or Slavisa at this point
Hope you are well
Cheers. Fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer for over 2 years and still feeling more positive about my health than I am about our current squad.
Still wearing the shirt, my friend

Sorry to hear of your situation but I am very pleased you are able to focus on the big issues . Wishing you well... and hopefully three points on saturday will bring some much needed pre holiday cheer to us all.

The Rock

Quote from: ALG01 on December 19, 2019, 12:08:14 AM
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 18, 2019, 08:10:21 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 18, 2019, 07:00:22 PM
Welcome back FC Silver Fox
IMO I'd only lose Scott for Tigana or Slavisa at this point
Hope you are well
Cheers. Fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer for over 2 years and still feeling more positive about my health than I am about our current squad.
Still wearing the shirt, my friend

Sorry to hear of your situation but I am very pleased you are able to focus on the big issues . Wishing you well... and hopefully three points on saturday will bring some much needed pre holiday cheer to us all.

Don't know if I've crossed paths with you guys, but Silver Fox, I truly wish my very very best. "Ram on". PM me if I can help in any way.

But, Stuart Pearce isn't going to be able to help anyone I'm afraid.

Twig

I don't agree with your managerial suggestion Silver Fox but I sure as hell support your fight for your health. I will think of you every time I walk into the Cottage.

Bassey the warrior

No, he was an unsuccessful manager and now he's been out of the game for a while so tactics have moved on. Bad choice.

bog

Very sorry to hear of your condition, good luck for 2020.   :54:

092.gif

jarv

Very sorry to hear about your health issues. Stay strong and get well. Much more important than football.

MikeCdawg

Absolute madness of a thread. I had to read the title more than once to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me

Maidstone Lee

Did the clocks stop at 2004? I've seen suggestions for Keegan, Pearce and even Hoddle for DOF.

We need someone a bit more current.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on December 20, 2019, 11:57:32 AM
Did the clocks stop at 2004? I've seen suggestions for Keegan, Pearce and even Hoddle for DOF.

We need someone a bit more current.

But it's still football. Did football become something other than football after 2004? Are Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough, Bobby Robson etc not great football managers if you transferred them into modern day? Or are they inferior to the great modern movers & shakers like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Pellegrini, Hassenhutl etc? You could actually go on to state that a number of "old school" managers are currently in the Premier league - Roy Hodgson, Steve Bruce, Sean Dyche, Nigel Pearson, Chris Wilder and most have acquitted themselves well based on the size & financial clout of the clubs they're managing. Sorry - do not get the whole modern manager ethos. If Parker is an example of a modern & progressive manager - then no ta!! 

fcfulham55

He would do really well in my opinion. But that maybe biased, I've sat on the same table at a dinner party. It was a real privilege to talk to him, and it was incredible to hear some of his experiences.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

FC Silver Fox

Thank you all for your kind comments and best wishes. I feel blessed and privileged to be part of the Fulham family. There is no other club quite like ours
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Woolly Mammoth

If there was going to be a new manager, but I am still happy with Scot Parker, I would take Stuart Pearce.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on December 21, 2019, 01:52:36 PM
Thank you all for your kind comments and best wishes. I feel blessed and privileged to be part of the Fulham family. There is no other club quite like ours
Great determined win today
Grit, fight, determination, hope
Dedicated to you FC Silver Fox - chin up and keep fighting
I wish you a fantastic Christmas and a very happy & healthy New Year

:wine: