watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm still for keeping Mr Parker

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 19, 2019, 11:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

The PL is like the holy Grail for everyone it seems,yet you get there you win fewer games and if you win them you all want sexy football to boot . Amazing!!

Luka

Quote from: colinwhite on December 19, 2019, 06:16:23 PM
Lets face it,according to some if we win matches its because we have a superior squad but if we lose its all down to Parkers lack of nouse,tactical awareness or some other drivel. We may have been boring at times this year but we have also played some superb football.
Fed up with reading one-sided  comments which just point the finger with little argument to back it up.
I wouldnt have appointed Parker and wasnt his greatest fan when he played for us either, but on saturday we are playing our most important game of the season and he has my full support.I think were going to beat Leeds.

The team has my support, always will and I will always want them to win.
However Parker, the individual doesnt have my support. There is nothiong wrong with that, football is all about opinions.
I  go each week, have two season tickets and want, NO I expect to be entertained regardless of  who we are playing or in which league.
Its not personal, its not about where we are in the league, its not about possibly missing out on promotion,  I just dont like or enjoy Parkers style of football.
Its not the results this season that frustrate, it the manner of the results, win draw or lose.

bobbo

Quote from: Luka on December 19, 2019, 01:46:04 PM
Parkers brand of football just doesnt excite.
Boring, predictable and slow.
Game over, new blood please.

IS IT PARKER THOUGH or just the players . I been so dissapointed with our style of play it's repetitive and boring. Even when we've won games . The millwall game apart that is.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Logicalman

Quote from: colinwhite on December 19, 2019, 06:52:41 PM
My point is that Parker is part of it whether we win or lose. Credit and criticism should therefore be dealt out in equal quantities. And without exaggerating his role. The squad the players the staff all play their part and he has the ultimate responsibillity if it fails or works.
So many posts talk about how lucky we were to do this or that and should have been this or that  if we win , whilst are categorical if we lose and it all being down to SP cluelessness.

Well said. Parker is as much a member of the team that wins together and loses together, as are the players. To see the team win four straight and then lose three straight doesn't make sense to then split it up into responsibilities in the fashion mentioned above, it's like saying when Vettel or Hamilton wins, it's all down to the driver, but they lose a race, then it's the supporting teams fault or the car, whereas the supporting team, car and driver are the complete team in that case.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: hovewhite on December 20, 2019, 06:26:40 AM
The PL is like the holy Grail for everyone it seems,yet you get there you win fewer games and if you win them you all want sexy football to boot . Amazing!!

I agree, though I question whether, this season in particular, the Prem should be our Holy Grail. Perhaps we should look to build a team, and management, that not only can win promotion but, at the very least, survive a season or two in the top flight as well, something we have lacked in recent times.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

WindyCity

""I'm still for keeping Mr Parker""

Well, this is a results oriented business as we all know.  And can be a brutal business as well.  I think he should stay for awhile longer, but on a very short leash.  This side has "talent" and should be competing for promotion.  Recent results are not gonna get it done that's for sure.  Short leash, maybe another half dozen games or so, and if FFC keeps slipping away, then a change may be warranted.

filham

Changing Parker beforer the end of the season woulds achieve little. More important that some of our "superior players" get the proverbial finger out and give us some match winning performances.

Statto

Quote from: Logicalman on December 20, 2019, 05:10:17 PM
To see the team win four straight and then lose three straight doesn't make sense to then split it up into responsibilities in the fashion mentioned above, it's like saying when Vettel or Hamilton wins, it's all down to the driver, but they lose a race, then it's the supporting teams fault or the car, whereas the supporting team, car and driver are the complete team in that case.

But that is exactly what happens, and it's perfectly reasonably. If you and I had race and I was in a Ferrari and you were in a knackered Skoda, and I won, I'm sure you'd say it was down to the car rather than the driver. But if it was the other way around, I couldn't reasonably make the same argument and say it was down to your Skoda being a better car.

I'm not sure why, but people just seem to have some kind of logic failure on this point and perceive it to be contradictory, but it's not.

jarv

My guess is Parker will be here until the end of the season. Fulham will not go down so it could be top 6 or not which decides. If goes we have the changing of the guard yet again. If he stays we have some troops leaving and new ones coming in (yet again). Either way, I think with all the redevelopment going on, Fulham will get it right (eventually). 049:gif

Luka

Quote from: Luka on December 20, 2019, 11:12:26 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on December 19, 2019, 06:16:23 PM
Lets face it,according to some if we win matches its because we have a superior squad but if we lose its all down to Parkers lack of nouse,tactical awareness or some other drivel. We may have been boring at times this year but we have also played some superb football.
Fed up with reading one-sided  comments which just point the finger with little argument to back it up.
I wouldnt have appointed Parker and wasnt his greatest fan when he played for us either, but on saturday we are playing our most important game of the season and he has my full support.I think were going to beat Leeds.

The team has my support, always will and I will always want them to win.
However Parker, the individual doesnt have my support. There is nothiong wrong with that, football is all about opinions.
I  go each week, have two season tickets and want, NO I expect to be entertained regardless of  who we are playing or in which league.
Its not personal, its not about where we are in the league, its not about possibly missing out on promotion,  I just dont like or enjoy Parkers style of football.
Its not the results this season that frustrate, it the manner of the results, win draw or lose
I would add that for the owners it doesn't matter how we get there or what style it takes to get to the Premier League just as long as we do. But for us as simple "punters" we have to watch this tedium.

Spirit of 2000

Its not like its effective tedium either.