watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm still for keeping Mr Parker

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 19, 2019, 11:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

But maybe somebody like Glenn Hoddle, could add a different dimension to our play - he could be used in an advisory position

Worcesterwhite

If Parker isn't up to the job, then get rid and get someone that is, im sure him as a person wouldn't want someone to hold his hand

Dr Quinzel

Why do you think that role would work, and why in particular Glenn Hoddle?

Statto

We tried that with Wilkins and Curbishley supporting Mulensteen. It didn't work. Why repeat that mistake?

Luka

Parkers brand of football just doesnt excite.
Boring, predictable and slow.
Game over, new blood please.

fulhamben

So apprantley I can't use hodles quotes as to why I want him nowhere near my club. Anyhow everyone knows what he is, so I'll give a pc answer as to why he shouldn't come. He's been out the game for far too long
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Statto on December 19, 2019, 01:26:45 PM
We tried that with Wilkins and Curbishley supporting Mulensteen. It didn't work. Why repeat that mistake?

Exactly this!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on December 19, 2019, 02:24:03 PM

Exactly this!
At the risk of being accused of stating the bl****n' obvious, because it didn't work with those individuals does not mean it would not work with different people.   I think that the quoted argument not to try again is called a post hoc fallacy?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 19, 2019, 04:04:35 PM

Exactly this!
At the risk of being accused of stating the bl****n' obvious, because it didn't work with those individuals does not mean it would not work with different people.   I think that the quoted argument not to try again is called a post hoc fallacy?

Fair point. That said, can we think of any examples where this does work?

hovewhite

Change of manager,then forget playoffs .with the khans choosing it would be raniere type all over again.

ALG01

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 19, 2019, 11:05:37 AM
But maybe somebody like Glenn Hoddle, could add a different dimension to our play - he could be used in an advisory position

Whilst hoddle the pundit is hopeless, i agree that hoddle the advisor could be a master stroke and do for the Khan's what keegan did for MAF.

Luka

We could always just get a manager thats actualy up to the job !!

fulhamben

Quote from: ALG01 on December 19, 2019, 04:13:37 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 19, 2019, 11:05:37 AM

Whilst hoddle the pundit is hopeless, i agree that hoddle the advisor could be a master stroke and do for the Khan's what keegan did for MAF.
undermine the manager and sack him once he gets into the play offs?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

Lets face it,according to some if we win matches its because we have a superior squad but if we lose its all down to Parkers lack of nouse,tactical awareness or some other drivel. We may have been boring at times this year but we have also played some superb football.
Fed up with reading one-sided  comments which just point the finger with little argument to back it up.
I wouldnt have appointed Parker and wasnt his greatest fan when he played for us either, but on saturday we are playing our most important game of the season and he has my full support.I think were going to beat Leeds.

Statto

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 19, 2019, 04:04:35 PM

Exactly this!

A post hoc fallacy would be for me to blame Wilkins and Curbishley for our oven breaking in the run up to Christmas that year. That would be unreasonable because whilst the oven problem coincided with their appointment, it's unlikely that there was a causal connection between the two things.

In contrast, I think it highly likely there was a causal connection between their appointment and Fulham being crap at that time, albeit there were other causes as well.

Statto

Quote from: colinwhite on December 19, 2019, 06:16:23 PM
according to some if we win matches its because we have a superior squad but if we lose its all down to Parkers lack of nouse,tactical awareness

You seem to be implying that those comments are contradictory in some way, but as far as I can tell, they're not

colinwhite

My point is that Parker is part of it whether we win or lose. Credit and criticism should therefore be dealt out in equal quantities. And without exaggerating his role. The squad the players the staff all play their part and he has the ultimate responsibillity if it fails or works.
So many posts talk about how lucky we were to do this or that and should have been this or that  if we win , whilst are categorical if we lose and it all being down to SP cluelessness.

Matt10

Quote from: colinwhite on December 19, 2019, 06:52:41 PM
My point is that Parker is part of it whether we win or lose. Credit and criticism should therefore be dealt out in equal quantities. And without exaggerating his role. The squad the players the staff all play their part and he has the ultimate responsibillity if it fails or works.
So many posts talk about how lucky we were to do this or that and should have been this or that  if we win , whilst are categorical if we lose and it all being down to SP cluelessness.

0001.jpeg

Spirit of 2000

Rather have Irene Drury instead of Parker!

:005:

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on December 19, 2019, 06:36:43 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on December 19, 2019, 06:16:23 PM
according to some if we win matches its because we have a superior squad but if we lose its all down to Parkers lack of nouse,tactical awareness

You seem to be implying that those comments are contradictory in some way, but as far as I can tell, they're not

We have a superior squad based on: i)  transfermarkt valuations, ii) number of ex-international in the squad (Betts, Rodak, Christie, Mawson, Ream, Odoi, Cisse, Arter, Stefjo, Kebano, Mitro), iii) number of ex-"PFA Team of the year players" (KMac, Cairney, Reid and Knockaert) iv) my personal opinion that we have the best striker in the league (Mitro), v) a few other top players Bryan and Cav and vi) a few other decent squad players (S.Sess, MLM, Reed, Onamah and Kamara).

If we win matches its because we have a superior squad but if we lose the manager should know why we lose otherwise he is the problem. I don't know if Scott Parker knows what's wrong, but if he does he better fix it fast and if he doesn't he has to go.  Next year we could have Watford and Southampton in this division which is truly terrifying as they have both turned profits in EPL, so FFP allows them to hire Rafa Benitez and give him a war chest that we cannot go anywhere near.

If Scott Parker hangs around a few more years, he will be more experienced and the squad will be inferior to any relegated premier league team. We will only have the best squad in the division for six more months when we easily could be behind Watford, Southampton, Norwich or Aston Villa in terms of players.

I think Scott Parker will struggle to beat teams that have a squad worth £40m more than us next season, just like he is struggling to beat any teams that are worth more than £60m less than us this season. In the eight games this season against teams worth than more £55m; FFC has only beaten one (i.e. Huddersfield). Parker needs time and given who maybe going down next season Fulham hasn't got it, it's now or never.