watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker’s pre match interview

Started by FulhamStu, December 20, 2019, 05:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Was it me or was Parker rambling in his inarticulate matter worse than normal ?

Parker seemed more like a man under pressure than usual.  I guess that is understandable given a 3 match losing streak.   He must know that a win tomorrow gives his survival in the job a massive boost where as a loss is another game closer to the boot.

If things continue badly result wise, it will be interesting to see how long Khan gives him.   If we continue with our current form, not necessarily losing every week, but below par, and Parker remains, I will assume Khan is accepting another season in this division without too much concern.

Is the Riverside stand the no1 priority, with success on the pitch less important at the moment I wonder ?

RaySmith

I thought it quite an honest, but positive, interview.

Obviously if we perform badly tomorrow it will be ridiculed, but if we win  he will be vindicated, especially if the performance is good, for the moment anyway.

sunburywhite

We will want the stand finished before we get promotion so perhaps Khan is happy we dont go up this year
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FulhamStu

Quote from: RaySmith on December 20, 2019, 05:39:43 PM
I thought it quite an honest, but positive, interview.

Obviously if we perform badly tomorrow it will be ridiculed, but if we win  he will be vindicated, especially if the performance is good, for the moment anyway.

I don't doubt his honesty, and he can speak very well if a bit Saff London you know what I mean, just felt he was struggling more than normal.  Maybe it was me.

Southcoastffc

I wonder if TC (who adores Parker) will give him this as a Christmas present? 
?s=19
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

Same old same old Parker, but what else can he say? We always get a positive (ish) pre match interview rarely matched by a positive team display. Somehow we are still in a play off position, how I have no idea!! If the team starts to play anywhere near their potential we will stay in the top 6, I don´t think we will though, too many things need fixing and time is running out and another transfer window to negotiate in trying to keep the few real quality players that we have. I hope tomorrow we will see a proper performance and a win.......of course!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Spirit of 2000

Thats what a dead man walking sounds like

Statto

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 20, 2019, 05:40:09 PM
We will want the stand finished before we get promotion

Why?
What do we lose out on if we're in the PL next year instead of the Championship?

The Rock

Quote from: Statto on December 20, 2019, 11:05:42 PM

Why?
What do we lose out on if we're in the PL next year instead of the Championship?

Can I ask a dumb question? McBrides bar? Is it by the soon to be helipad on the Thames? Will it carry on?

davew

Why?
Some of our best players e.g. Mitro and Cairney will probably go and where will be then?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Statto

Quote from: davew on December 21, 2019, 08:22:48 AM

Why?
Some of our best players e.g. Mitro and Cairney will probably go and where will be then?
What, Mitro and Cairney will stay if we're still in the Championship but they'll leave if we're in the PL? Maybe you misread my post...