watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luton will be very interesting

Started by 70sPimlico, December 23, 2019, 07:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

Definate change of style on Saturday. Keen to see if SP has completely tweaked the system or just for the Leeds game.

Craig Cline has been quite cutting about how he feels SP bowed to pressure and actually going more direct will only work in the very short term. I remember when Slavisa took a lot of stick (on here especially) for his possession style. I think the difference for me is that Slavisa's tactics were more sophisticated and did move the opposition about. That may be due to the quality of the wing backs, not sure.

I have no problem with a possession style as long as its quick and for a purpose. When the chances dry up, its a pretty dull watch.

I don't know anything about the hatters, no idea of their style but whatever the outcome, if we are not peppering their goal with the ammunition we have, it won't feel like a step forward

Fulham 442

This is a game we should win. End of. Just hope we don't make such hard work of it as we did at the Cottage.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 23, 2019, 07:32:02 PM
This is a game we should win. End of. Just hope we don't make such hard work of it as we did at the Cottage.

Agreed, they've got the worst GD in the League, a game we should be 100% winning, end off. Lose, Parker's got problems.

keithh

I predict we'll win 4-0; with 2 from Mitro.

filham

Three points always has to be our prime objective but at Luton we are looking for a good performance as well as a win.

grandad

GD could make a big difference at the end of the season. We need to start demolishing sides. A few 5-0 wins are needed.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Finnans Right Peg

Is this a game where u rest mitro .I think i would put him on the bench

LittleErn

Quote from: 70sPimlico on December 23, 2019, 07:20:05 PM
Definate change of style on Saturday. Keen to see if SP has completely tweaked the system or just for the Leeds game.

Craig Cline has been quite cutting about how he feels SP bowed to pressure and actually going more direct will only work in the very short term. I remember when Slavisa took a lot of stick (on here especially) for his possession style. I think the difference for me is that Slavisa's tactics were more sophisticated and did move the opposition about. That may be due to the quality of the wing backs, not sure.

I have no problem with a possession style as long as its quick and for a purpose. When the chances dry up, its a pretty dull watch.

I don't know anything about the hatters, no idea of their style but whatever the outcome, if we are not peppering their goal with the ammunition we have, it won't feel like a step forward

The possession Stats etc. for Leeds were very similar to stats for us in most games. We won this one and lost the previous three but also won the previous four. Very mixed! Perhaps possession doesn't matter - perhaps it does. Who knows? Perhaps results depend more on the ability of individual players?

WhiteJC

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on December 23, 2019, 10:26:32 PM

as he got a hat-trick against them last time I can't see him being rested for this one, I think he'd be a very unhappy camper if he doesn't start

Southcoastffc

I would not want to be the person who tells Mitro he's not starting!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SuffolkWhite

Mitro is the kind of player that has to play every game.

I said before the Leeds game that the result was not my major concern but how we played was. If we had lost by a dodgy Leeds goal but played well I would have taken it as it would show that SP had changed something either tactically or got the team to see that they have to be at 100%.

IF we play how we did against Leeds then we can get 3pts but if we slip back to passing sideways and looking off the pace then I think we will come a cropper.

Hopefully corner turned,  082.gif have a good Christmas!

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Every game is critical, the only time we can consider resting Mitro is when we have a 3 goal lead. In the old days ,  before substitutions and on heavy winter pitches, players used to play a full season without rest. What has changed.

Bill2

Against Leeds SP changed the playing out of the back to a long ball forward, which Mitro eat up and BDR alongside gave us a good attacking edge. I don't know of it was because SP knew Mitro would chew up the 2 centre half and spit them out but that was what he did.

See what happens on Thursday.

WindyCity

"Luton will be very interesting"

Hopefully not, haha.  "Should be" a slam dunk win, I should think, assuming FFC still has designs on promotion this season.  These are the games, even though 'away', that FFC must win if they have such designs......

davew

No chance let´s get some points on the board first and then allow him some time off, maybe only play him for 75 minutes the following games.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 24, 2019, 10:01:46 AM
I would not want to be the person who tells Mitro he's not starting!
Delegate AK47 I am sure he would be up for the task!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Hatch007

QuoteEvery game is critical, the only time we can consider resting Mitro is when we have a 3 goal lead. In the old days ,  before substitutions and on heavy winter pitches, players used to play a full season without rest. What has changed.

The pace of the game, hence 90 minutes is more demanding and draining now than it was in the old days.

I wouldn't rest a fit Mitro, however. If he's fit he plays as far as I'm concerned.

ALG01

i would rest ononmah and reed
i would replace them with ak and stefjo moving reid to central midfield
I am not in the camp that thinks onomah deserves to start. he did a bit better and scored a goal, and good on him for that, but there was a massive hole in our nidfield last weekend where those two were supposed to reside far too often and it should not be rewarded.

WindyCity

Resting Mitro is ill advised.  In this game, or any for that matter, as long as it has impact on possible promotion in this league.

Whitesideup

Quote from: WindyCity on December 24, 2019, 05:35:23 PM
"Luton will be very interesting"

Hopefully not, haha.  "Should be" a slam dunk win, I should think, assuming FFC still has designs on promotion this season.  These are the games, even though 'away', that FFC must win if they have such designs......
Well, I am not sure a "slam dunk" win exists in this division. Luton had an absolute shocker away to Brentford, which almost accounts for their bad goal difference on its own, but they had opportunities at Craven Cottage and they will be looking for improved performances at home. I hope with Bobby playing we now have different tactical options available to us. But clearly a game we should get something from, and hopefully all 3 points.