watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who do we lose wh n the window opens???

Started by Fulham Tup North, December 30, 2019, 11:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

The Club need to make a statement now that Mitro is going nowhere at any price. This would put an end to this which must be upsetting for the player. The media are tapping up the idea that he should go to Everton, W Ham, Villa, Wolves. Is it lazy journos or have they been paid to start this up on behalf of certain clubs.
If Mitro goes he could never be replaced & would say goodby to any chance of a play off spot.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Skatzoffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 30, 2019, 07:39:34 PM
I think the one pull we have for Mitro is, he's level headed enough to know he doesn't need to playing CL, europa or even a top league in country to play international football, he has a club that loves him, owners and TK who also love him, and a balanced, likeable changing room with a club of decent enough side that he should always have decent players around him at championship level at least to provide him with service and goals. I don't know if with everything going positively, and his track record of at times, becoming unsettled at clubs, he'd risk that perfect balance he has for a few trips abroad on a weekday. Could well be wrong, and he might be off in Jan, but he seems pretty content with a decent professional/personal life.

Good point.

The Dutch national team requires it's players to be in the top division of Their relevant league.

Luckily his national team is fine him being in our 2nd teir.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Roberty

Quote from: grandad on December 31, 2019, 09:47:42 AM
The Club need to make a statement now that Mitro is going nowhere at any price. This would put an end to this which must be upsetting for the player. The media are tapping up the idea that he should go to Everton, W Ham, Villa, Wolves. Is it lazy journos or have they been paid to start this up on behalf of certain clubs.
If Mitro goes he could never be replaced & would say goodby to any chance of a play off spot.

Clubs usually make statements of support for their manager - just before sacking them.

Do you think a statement like that would be interpreted as being that the club want to sell him ??

Silence is often the best way of not drawing attention to something
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Sting of the North

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 31, 2019, 10:26:56 AM
I think the one pull we have for Mitro is, he's level headed enough to know he doesn't need to playing CL, europa or even a top league in country to play international football, he has a club that loves him, owners and TK who also love him, and a balanced, likeable changing room with a club of decent enough side that he should always have decent players around him at championship level at least to provide him with service and goals. I don't know if with everything going positively, and his track record of at times, becoming unsettled at clubs, he'd risk that perfect balance he has for a few trips abroad on a weekday. Could well be wrong, and he might be off in Jan, but he seems pretty content with a decent professional/personal life.

Good point.

The Dutch national team requires it's players to be in the top division of Their relevant league.

Is that really true about the Dutch national team? I cannot find any sources claiming that, but admittedly just did a quick check. If true, it seem like an absolutely astonishingly stupid requirement with absolutely no upside for anyone involved (I mean, surely it is at least as good to play in the Championship as it is to play in, let's say a mid table team in Greece). I suspect it is more of a situation in which it is always better to play at the highest possible level.

I Ronic

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 31, 2019, 10:41:16 AM

Good point.

Is that really true about the Dutch national team? I cannot find any sources claiming that, but admittedly just did a quick check. If true, it seem like an absolutely astonishingly stupid requirement with absolutely no upside for anyone involved (I mean, surely it is at least as good to play in the Championship as it is to play in, let's say a mid table team in Greece). I suspect it is more of a situation in which it is always better to play at the highest possible level.

I think that's part of the reason Ryan Babel decide not to stay.

filham

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 30, 2019, 07:13:59 PM
Quote from: filham on December 30, 2019, 05:23:19 PM
We always have to be wary of some lower premiership club like Wolves or Watford poaching Cairney or Mitro.
I wouldn't call Wolves a lowly Premier league club. Think they've done really well. Glad to see at least one of the sides promoted with us stayed up comfortably and are still competing in the EPL!
You are quite right, how about Watford and West Ham, bet either of those would like to have him, could pay him more than we do, offer him Premier League Football and with no need to move house.

Essential that Hilda continues to see that she serves top rate tea to him every day with a nice sticky bun even if that is against Parker's eating rules.

Sting of the North

Quote from: I Ronic on December 31, 2019, 12:38:24 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on December 31, 2019, 10:41:16 AM

Good point.

I think that's part of the reason Ryan Babel decide not to stay.

Maybe. I saw it only mentioned on here before. Never as far as I can recall any quotes from Babel or anyone else, or any back up information at all for that matter. I may just have missed it however.

It is also a very big difference between a national team requiring that their players only play in the highest divisions in a country, versus a player feeling that it might be in his best interest not to drop down to the second tier. To me this sounds like a case of the latter leading to someone drawing a conclusion that it is the former.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on December 31, 2019, 01:01:00 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 30, 2019, 07:13:59 PM
Quote from: filham on December 30, 2019, 05:23:19 PM
We always have to be wary of some lower premiership club like Wolves or Watford poaching Cairney or Mitro.
I wouldn't call Wolves a lowly Premier league club. Think they've done really well. Glad to see at least one of the sides promoted with us stayed up comfortably and are still competing in the EPL!
You are quite right, how about Watford and West Ham, bet either of those would like to have him, could pay him more than we do, offer him Premier League Football and with no need to move house.

Essential that Hilda continues to see that she serves top rate tea to him every day with a nice sticky bun even if that is against Parker's eating rules.

We are still in no need whatsoever to sell, so unless Mitro goes completely unprofessional on us (which I find unlikely with him, although generally all too common in today's football) there will be no sale. To me this sounds like an absolute non-issue.

We Are Premier League

Would we let Betts go if a PL team wanted to bring him in as an English 2nd/3rd choice GK?

Whitesideup

Quote from: grandad on December 31, 2019, 09:47:42 AM
I think the club made its statement with the last deal Mitro signed .. rumoured to be between £22 and £27 million for a five-year deal. If that's right it's going to take very serious wonga to lure him away .. and he may also reflect on the fact that he might not be a regular starter in some of the bigger clubs  ...even Wolves for example. It would indeed be very difficult to replace Mitro so I hope and trust that the club have done enough.