https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cyrus Christie

Started by Buffalo76, January 01, 2020, 06:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

If he's the answer I'd hate to know what the question is 1500.gif

fulhamben

The question was surely, who could we get that would be a massive downgrade on frederricks
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Scapegoat, don't think he has done too badly recently. Where is the thread on Joe Bryan? who has been much worse in everyone of the last 6 matches
STH H3

Finnans Right Peg

Don't think cyrus did a lot wrong to be honest i think we have a lot more to worry about then cyrus

Sting of the North

I think Cyrus was badly at fault for both goals. That is not however my main problem with him, because he is usually fairly solid defensively. Instead, it is the offence that concerns me. I feel he is so frustratingly ineffective and indecisive. He mostly runs with the ball straight into a defender, or waits with his pass that extra second so that the receiver of the ball has lost all momentum. Prefer both Odoi and Sessegnon way before Cyrus.

One Martin Thomas

It would help Christie if we had leadership and organisation at the back ! A lot is riding on Hector 😉

Wingnut

Poor for their second goal but he'd been solid overall. A lack of leadership in the centre of our defense is still our biggest problem.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

grandad

Last game he nearly got the MOTM.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Wingnut on January 01, 2020, 07:52:42 PM
Poor for their second goal but he'd been solid overall. A lack of leadership in the centre of our defense is still our biggest problem.

I agree with you, Strong Leadership in the Centre of the defence who can marshal that back Division is imperative, where is that man we need.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Chutney

Better than Joe Bryan in every single aspect.
C O Y W

Sting of the North

Quote from: @jolslover on January 01, 2020, 07:25:23 PM
Scapegoat, don't think he has done too badly recently. Where is the thread on Joe Bryan? who has been much worse in everyone of the last 6 matches

I assume you may start your thread on Joe if you are so inclined. This thread was as far as I understand about Christie, for which you provided your input in your first sentence. Joe's quality has very little to do with Cyrus' quality as they are not the same person.

Wingnut

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 01, 2020, 09:10:12 PM
I agree with you, Strong Leadership in the Centre of the defence who can marshal that back Division is imperative, where is that man we need.

Am hoping and believing that Hector is going to be that man. 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 01, 2020, 07:31:34 PM
I think Cyrus was badly at fault for both goals. That is not however my main problem with him, because he is usually fairly solid defensively. Instead, it is the offence that concerns me. I feel he is so frustratingly ineffective and indecisive. He mostly runs with the ball straight into a defender, or waits with his pass that extra second so that the receiver of the ball has lost all momentum. Prefer both Odoi and Sessegnon way before Cyrus.

I don't know if he was that badly at fault for the first goal. Having said that I've only watched it through briefly once, if I get a chance to watch through more closely I'll have a look.

He's sold himself very easily for the second.. having said that, allowing yourself to be beaten to the ball in the box by Charlie Adam is absolutely criminal. That was by far and away they biggest mistake.

ALG01

i think since his return to the first team he has been pretty good, until today when he was terrible. Personally I think we are all allowed an off day and it was him today but I suspect he will be better next time.

Andy S

Joe Bryan had another bad game defensively today. Reading were probably one of the worst teams at the Cottage this season. We played well and their first attack resulted in a goal but disappointing none the less

Whitesideup

Skinned for the second goal .. but that can happen to any defender. The Reading player then had far too much time and space to pick his pass to Adam.

The first goal was both defensively poor and unlucky. When they attacked down the right at one stage we had three players in front of the player with the ball. Christie should have moved wider earlier to put pressure on the player who received the ball wide, especially as he wasn't filling important space where he was. Instead Reading player had the time and space, a clear 5 or 6 yards in front of him, to pick out a pass. Even then it was only the deflection that took the ball past Rodak who would have had it otherwise.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 01, 2020, 07:25:23 PM

Correct...Bryan has been weakest defender all season,for a defender his positional sense is terrible.

Riversider

Seeing as his name has been raised, truthfully is there one single person on this forum that honestly believes that South Yorkshire Police are still  investigating allegations of racist abuse towards  his sister made six months ago ?
Christie made some strong comments with regards to the Fulham support that day , it would be nice to get this cleared up one way or another rather than just brush it under the carpet and simply try and forget about it.

Woolly Mammoth

The FULHAM defence is very frail, and has been for a considerable length of time, and until some of the personnel at the back are replaced by defenders who can defend both in the air and on the ground, this problem will not go away.
Also the midfield have to track back when we lose possession and shield the back line to make us hard to score against, that is basics.
Nevertheless, we need reinforcements and a cavalry riding over the hill to rescue a season that could end with huge disappointment. The January window is open, the owners son and his crack recruitment unit should by now be ready to announce new additions seeing as they have had ages to prepare to address the bleeding obvious.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 02, 2020, 08:58:55 AM
The FULHAM defence is very frail, and has been for a considerable length of time, and until some of the personnel at the back are replaced by defenders who can defend both in the air and on the ground, this problem will not go away.
Also the midfield have to track back when we lose possession and shield the back line to make us hard to score against, that is basics.
Nevertheless, we need reinforcements and a cavalry riding over the hill to rescue a season that could end with huge disappointment. The January window is open, the owners son and his crack recruitment unit should by now be ready to announce new additions seeing as they have had ages to prepare to address the bleeding obvious.
i thought we were maxed out on ffp.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.