watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today

Started by Peabody, January 02, 2020, 08:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Whilst putting away my Christmas decorations, I missed a step on the ladder, fell over, and I think I have broken a rib(could have been worse) but it is painful. Anyway, it has got me thinking, in future, I will come to Fulham, enjoy the football and not worry whether we get promoted or not, because reading some of your stuff, you are going to make yourself's I'll. Those of you who want rid of Scott, are not going to get your wish, unless Mr Khan decides, to give him the tin tac.

But it is highly unlikely that I am going to make the Villa game. So come on boys, prove all these doomsayers wrong.

HV71

Get better quickly Peabody - wish you well

bog

You have my sympathies Peabody, sorry to hear that. that is painful.  We put ours away also today, (I do wonder how many more times they will go up and down) my wife does the clambering now. I am with you, I support my team, obviously I prefer it when we win and it is annoying when we keep losing games by the same principle, but we are are one of top sides in the Championship, we have the league's leading scorer and we have a new riverside stand going up.  Get well soon. :54:

Thank you and good night

092.gif

SP

Get well soon Mr P, you're quite right. I haven't written off the Villa match but the silver lining of a loss presumably means the Charlton game stays on the Saturday?

I don't recall losing hurting so much as it does now but I suppose we've been spoilt for a good few years that I've forgotten the pain of the bad old days.  We're also surrounded by different forms of media, not just a Vidi-printer reporting the score, MoTD & a report in the following days paper if you're lucky.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes bruised ribs and rib cartilages can be very painful, let alone a broken rib. I hope you can recover asap.
But what I don't understand is, why were you up a ladder looking through the lady next doors bedroom window in the first place. Or in the second place we're you climbing out of the window to get back onto the ladder ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Sorry to hear of the accident Peabody, be careful now and get well soon.
My decorations usually go up before my birthday on 7th December and stay up until 12th night. I find it such an effort that I believe in getting a few weeks use out of them.

WhiteJC

Kent Cassandra

I have just moved back to Kent from London and am refurbishing our new home.
I have just bruised my ribs and that is bad enough so I sympathise with you Mr P.
Her indoors says that I should be taking it easy at my age and pay to have the work done
but old habits die hard.  I am a little bit slower nowadays but can still do a good job and
am proud of myself on completion.   First time I have posted in a while for precisely the
reasons you give.  We all want to compete against the big boys but the championship is a
great league, unpredictable, no airs or graces, no prima donnas and no one gets by on reputation.
Unlike others on here I am enjoying this season, and win , lose or draw I will sing and shout a bit
louder to cover up your absence on Saturday.

Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Fulham76

Bad news about your fall. I fell out the loft once, nearly killed myself.

Anyway, why don't you just ignore the 'negative' posters that annoy you so much? It's easy to do on a forum like this!

It seems a little strange to post something negative in response to something you consider negative.

Peabody

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 03, 2020, 11:13:36 AM
Bad news about your fall. I fell out the loft once, nearly killed myself.

Anyway, why don't you just ignore the 'negative' posters that annoy you so much? It's easy to do on a forum like this!

It seems a little strange to post something negative in response to something you consider negative.

But that's my opinion

Andy S

I hope it begins to feel better soon Peabody. All of us that have done something similar can sympathise with you and yes it bloody hurts

Peabody

Just been to the docs and it's not a rib but the top of my hip. Hey ho, still going to miss the match tomorrow

RaySmith

Bruised/broken ribs are very painful, and can take a few weeks to heal, so I hope you make a  quick recovery Peabody, sufficient to be able to get back down to the Cottage, and bring back your reports for us.

But make sure you're all right first, your health is more important.

ALG01

Wish you a speedy rcovery.
I cracked my ribs a year or so ago and iunfortunately it hurts for a while but suddenly it all seems OK again and the world becomes a brighter place.

OldBrownShoe

All the best for a speedy recovery Sir Peabody. :Haynes The Maestro: Take it easy. And don't get over excited about the transfer window. You will know by now how that works at our Club. 051
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Dr Quinzel

That's a real ball-ache of an injury - sorry fella. Hope your recovery is good.

Burt

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mr P.

I prescribe chocolate and alcohol for the pain :)

Woolly Mammoth

The good news is that it hurts more when you laugh, so you are safe watching Fulham for the time being.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Frackleheath

Sorry to hear about your mishap Mr P, hope you're feeling a bit better - I can give you a few tips about hips! Next time just get the wifey to stand at the bottom of the ladder so that you've got a softer landing!!

I'll send you an honest opinion of the Villa game over the weekend, you can then compare with the usual garbage.

Keep your feet up.

bog

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on January 03, 2020, 11:08:46 AM
I have just moved back to Kent from London and am refurbishing our new home.
I have just bruised my ribs and that is bad enough so I sympathise with you Mr P.
Her indoors says that I should be taking it easy at my age and pay to have the work done
but old habits die hard.  I am a little bit slower nowadays but can still do a good job and
am proud of myself on completion.   First time I have posted in a while for precisely the
reasons you give.  We all want to compete against the big boys but the championship is a
great league, unpredictable, no airs or graces, no prima donnas and no one gets by on reputation.
Unlike others on here I am enjoying this season, and win , lose or draw I will sing and shout a bit
louder to cover up your absence on Saturday.

Welcome back!  :54: