watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pantsil Still Has Fulham Future - Just Not Tonight

Started by White Noise, November 10, 2010, 04:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/2507/6/hughes-insists-pantsil-still-has-fulham-future

Hughes insists Pantsil still has a Fulham future

By Julian Bennetts

Wednesday, November 10

Fulham boss Mark Hughes insists John Pantsil is still part of his plans but has hinted he might choose an untested 19-year-old over the out-of-favour right-back.

Ghana star Pantsil was an ever-present as Fulham reached last season's Europa League Final under Roy Hodgson.

But the former West Ham man has seemingly fallen out of favour with new boss Hughes and was dropped after being responsible for both Blackpool's goals in their 2-2 draw in August - and he then reportedly said farewell to Fulham's fans on Twitter.

The 29-year-old has played just 45 minutes of first-team football since, and is unlikely to be selected at Chelsea tonight despite both Hughes' first-choice full-backs, Carlos Salcido and Chris Baird, being ruled out through injury
And Hughes has hinted he could even play Academy prospect Matthew Briggs at full-back ahead of Pantsil, although Stephen Kelly and Damien Duff are likely to start.

"John is available for selection," confirmed Hughes. "I have options, Stephen Kelly can play on both sides and Matthew Briggs is an option. We'll look at that.

"John is very much of the plans here so he shouldn't be too upset."

finnster01

What's missing from the story is the fact that Mark Hughes's nose grew significantly longer the more he was speaking about Pantsil and how big part of his future plans Pants is.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

With Pantsils form in last years game he should be a shoe in. If he cannot force his way into the side with both full backs out he will be under no illusion. Still in MH we trust.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimpav

This is appalling management.

Granted its highly unlikely that we would take 3 points off Chelski but this is not the time to blood a new player.

By letting Pantsil rot on the bench we stand to make next to nothing from a player that could have been sold for 3-5 million had Sparky released him in the August window.

I really wouldnl't be surprised if he ends up at Liverpool or Sunderland.

Shame on you Sparky.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Jimpav on November 10, 2010, 05:57:11 PM
This is appalling management.

Granted its highly unlikely that we would take 3 points off Chelski but this is not the time to blood a new player.

By letting Pantsil rot on the bench we stand to make next to nothing from a player that could have been sold for 3-5 million had Sparky released him in the August window.

I really wouldnl't be surprised if he ends up at Liverpool or Sunderland.

Shame on you Sparky.

That's what managerial judgement's about.

It'll be a big call if Briggs is chosen ahead of Pantsil but it will only happen if Hughes thinks he's good enough.

Adds interest to the match big time.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Jimpav on November 10, 2010, 05:57:11 PM

Smalling v Chelscum? :bump:

Jimpav

That'll be the one.

Let him score an own goal to gift our fiercest rivals the match.

Mr Fulham

FatFreddysCat

I'm with Mr Gilroy on this one, I'm sure Sparky is aware that we could get a right spanking tonight, and i think we'd all like to see the crowd favorite back , but if Hughes wants Briggs to play i fully basck that. Loads of people  moaning about lack of chances for the youth players, but there you go, if Briggs does well like Smalling (who had a great game against the filth, very unfortunate OG) then it would be a major boost to his confidence, if he has a right mare then he isn't ready, does a a reasonable job, still a great confidence booster.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 10, 2010, 07:18:00 PM
I'm with Mr Gilroy on this one, I'm sure Sparky is aware that we could get a right spanking tonight, and i think we'd all like to see the crowd favorite back , but if Hughes wants Briggs to play i fully basck that. Loads of people  moaning about lack of chances for the youth players, but there you go, if Briggs does well like Smalling (who had a great game against the filth, very unfortunate OG) then it would be a major boost to his confidence, if he has a right mare then he isn't ready, does a a reasonable job, still a great confidence booster.

Not to mention the boost the other youth players might get! :54:

Jimpav

So I'm pathetic for thinking that we shouldn't be playing an inexperienced reserve team player instead of at least giving one of our most loyal and experienced players dropped?

Or am I pathetic because I rightly pointed out that the last time we blooded a new player against Chelski we conceded an own goal in a match we could have nicked a point.

Quite pissed off to be honest.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Jimpav on November 10, 2010, 07:32:54 PM
So I'm pathetic for thinking that we shouldn't be playing an inexperienced reserve team player instead of at least giving one of our most loyal and experienced players dropped?

Or am I pathetic because I rightly pointed out that the last time we blooded a new player against Chelski we conceded an own goal in a match we could have nicked a point.

The own goal was unlucky, but - to be honest - Smalling had an outstanding performance.

finnster01

No need to be pissed off Mr Jimpav. Cheer up mate. Match is just around the corner.  :clap_hands: Nothing personal on here. People are just in two minds (myself included) whether to be excited over watching a young Briggsy make his league debut or watch our fan fav Pants making a come back.

I have to agree with Mr. FatFred though. Unless Briggsy has a howler, Pants is off come January.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 10, 2010, 07:36:32 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on November 10, 2010, 07:32:54 PM

The own goal was unlucky, but - to be honest - Smalling had an outstanding performance.
I was listening/watching the game on Sky and i all remember them raving about Smalling, he was terrific, the best defenders in the World might have scored that.

GoldCoastWhite

It's a gamble but I reckon young Briggsy will do alright. England U'21 starts wouldn't have hurt. Not sure when we'll see Pantsil again though (is he on the bench) and praying this decision pays off against the dark side. Off to work now but I'll have the score tracker on as soon as I get there. COYW !!!