watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

GET IN THERE, YOUNG BRIGGSY!!!!

Started by HatterDon, November 10, 2010, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Sorry 'bout the caps, but the lad needs our support today.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

:drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums: :drums:
:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

FatFreddysCat

Would rather Pants, but he does seem so far the pecking order it's obvious he'll be off in Jan. But in the meantime if Briggs does well we could at last have a youth team hero (not forgetting Smalling was bought from Maidstone, but whoever spotted him deserves a nice brown envelope).

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ImperialWhite

You're a fan of Essien, right? It looks like the Briggster will have his work cut out, looking after Kalou, Essien and Boswinga. Tough first game!

Good luck Briggs!

:wine:

Here's to more appearances from our youngsters.

Lighthouse

Briggs is a left back. Kelly is a right back who has played on the left. Makes a sort of sense. Although the argument is should Pants be playing instead of Kelly. Still a big big night for both our full backs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 10, 2010, 07:34:19 PM
You're a fan of Essien, right? It looks like the Briggster will have his work cut out, looking after Kalou, Essien and Boswinga. Tough first game!

Good luck Briggs!

:wine:

Here's to more appearances from our youngsters.
I'm not a fan of any of their players  :028:

Hazey

hey lads n ladies, just in from a comedy night (Kevin Bridges - freakin funny stuff btw), so can anyone update me on how Briggs played? Still no Pants sucks too!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

K33NY

Quote from: Hazey on November 10, 2010, 11:21:55 PM
hey lads n ladies, just in from a comedy night (Kevin Bridges - freakin funny stuff btw), so can anyone update me on how Briggs played? Still no Pants sucks too!

personaly I think he played really good, ran alot and gave 110%, except for one situation in second half, where he stopped letting a chescum player come alone with Schwarzer, he saved though, but except for that I think he did a really good job and proved himself worthy!!

White Noise

High Praise

Wednesday 10th November 2010

Fulham defender Aaron Hughes was full of praise for teammate and Academy graduate Matthew Briggs following the youngster's impressive performance at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night.

Fulham's England U21 international made his first start for Fulham against Chelsea, in place of the injured Carlos Salcido, and impressed with his solid defensive play and probing attacking runs down the left flank.

"We see him [Briggs] everyday in training so we know he's got a lot of potential," Hughes told fulhamfc.com. "He's a big, strong player who's really comfortable on the ball and that's why the Manager had no problem putting him in a game like this.

"He showed everybody exactly why the Manager showed faith in him against Chelsea. He's got a good head on his shoulders, he works hard and over time he's only going to get better and that's good for us."   

Hughes was understandably disappointed not to have left Stamford Bridge without a point on Wednesday night and is now looking to claim a reward against his former team Newcastle United at St. James' Park on Saturday.

"We stuck to our task against Chelsea and we feel a little bit unlucky not to be leaving without anything to show for it," Hughes explained."We tried to go out and play our game and make it as difficult as possible, but they were unstoppable tonight.

"It would be nice to win on Saturday against Newcastle but we know they're on a high after winning three on the bounce. They've been doing really well and causing teams a lot of problems whilst working very hard and grinding out good results."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/AHughesDerbyReaction.aspx#ixzz14xAX9DTO

FC Silver Fox

Well played Mattie. I loved your long range shot. Keep up the bravado in your style of play.Your marking in the box needs to be faster and tighter. No 2nd chances at this level.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Hazey

Here's hoping we see him on the weekend again up noorf then!!   :beer:
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

cebu

I suspect Sparky will give him another shot at Newcastle. And why not.

aFFCn_Fan

It was good to see Duff giving him a bit more guidance and instruction initially and helping him to cover. There were times when I thought Sparky told Briggs to get forward and leave Duff covering the back, meant Chelscum were not sure who to cover.

Was also really impressed with confidence to go forward and take players on. And as a general rule they stood off him. He could be a dangerous young player. Hopefully Sparky gives him a fair crack.
@hincharoo