more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 07/01/20...

Started by WhiteJC, January 07, 2020, 08:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

2 players that need to push for a Fulham exit this month

As the season passes its halfway stage, Fulham are well in the race for promotion, with Scott Parker's men currently sitting in fifth place after 26 games played.

The Cottagers will be keen to consolidate their position close to the Championship summit as they look to achieve an instant return to the top flight after their disastrous Premier League campaign last time out.

Much of their performances over the second half of the season could depend on the business that they conduct during the current transfer window, with both exits and incomings seeming to be on the agenda for Parker.

As well as bringing in new recruits to strengthen his existing squad, the Whites boss could also see a small number of players pushing for an exit from Craven Cottage this month.

With competition for places being as high as ever, we could well see a good few players head for the exit door over the next few weeks.

Here, we take a look at TWO players that need to push for a Fulham exit during the current transfer window...

Luca De La Torre
The young American could well be keen on a departure from Craven Cottage this month after failing to really establish himself in west London following his move from San Diego Surf.

With competition for places in the Whites midfield being particularly high, a loan move to another Football League outfit could, in theory, be the next best step in the 21-year-old's development.

Maxime Le Marchand
Things just haven't really worked out for the Frenchman since making the move to Craven Cottage and as a result we could well see the versatile defender seeking an early departure this January after an uninspiring spell in west London thus far.

A move back to his homeland could well be on the agenda, with Le Marchand having largely struggled to adapt to the pace and physicality of English football during his first two seasons at the club.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-players-that-need-to-push-for-a-fulham-exit-this-month/

WhiteJC

'He'll be a shrewd signing' – These Fulham fans are liking look of transfer

Michael Hector made his debut for Fulham against Aston Villa in the FA Cup Third Round over the weekend.

Goals from Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter in the second-half gave Fulham a 2-1 win over Premier League side Villa, in a repeat of the 2018 Championship play-off final.

They were two good goals for Fulham and there was plenty of positives for Fulham fans to take from the game, one of those is the debut of Michael Hector.

The Jamaican international completed his long-awaited move from Chelsea as this month's transfer window opened, but has been training with the club throughout the first-half of the season.

He started against Villa and played the full ninety-minutes as his side progressed into the Fourth Round, and Fulham fans have had their say on the how they think the 27-year-old fared on his debut.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/hell-be-a-shrewd-signing-these-fulham-fans-are-liking-look-of-transfer/

WhiteJC

Talking Points: Aston Villa

Stunning goals and impressive debuts feature in our Aston Villa Talking Points.

1. Goals of the Round?

The Hammersmith End has seen some wonderful goals over the years, but it's rare to witness two of such a high standard in the same game. Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter each sent a stunning left footer into the top corner from range, both of which could be contenders for the best goal of the Third Round.

2. Emotional goal for Harry

The joy on Harry Arter's face when he scored the fantastic winning goal was plain for all to see. After months on the sidelines, inside two minutes of stepping off the bench the midfielder sent in a long range dipper which ensured progression to the Fourth Round for his side, and he celebrated by sprinting straight to the medical staff who have worked hard to get him back fit.

3. Promising debuts

Another man who has had to be patient is Michael Hector, who made his Fulham debut four months after it was announced that he would be joining. The centre-back did very well considering it was his first competitive appearance since July, and drew praise from Parker in his post-match press conference. Jay Stansfield also made his Fulham bow after some prolific form for the Under-18s, and he didn't look out of place against Villa's established backline.

4. Premier League scalp

Like Fulham, Aston Villa rested some players but their starting XI still boasted a plethora of established internationals. After the disappointment of the Reading game, Parker was delighted with how the Whites put their Premier League opponents to the sword, and hopes it kickstarts a winning mentality in his side.

5. Well earned rest for Mitro

Fulham started the match without a recognised striker on the pitch, but it's a decision which paid dividends. With a big match at Hull City on the horizon, Aleksandar Mitrović will no doubt have benefitted from a game off, having played a lot of football recently.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/06/talking-points-aston-villa

WhiteJC

Report: Spurs refusing to give up on a deal for Harry Kane back-up

Tottenham Hotspur are keen to sign Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrović, according to reports.

90min claim that Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham made a failed approach to Fulham during the summer transfer window.

Fulham's refusal to do business with the Champions League finalists has proven to be a sensible move given the fact that the Serbian international has scored 18 times in the Championship for the Cottagers in 25 appearances this season (transfermarkt).

The report suggests that Harry Kane's hamstring injury has increased Tottenham's desire to land the 25-year-old former Newcastle forward.

Fulham are keen to resist any offers for Mitrovic during the current transfer window due to their push for a return to the Premier League at the first time of asking and currently find themselves in fifth place.

Everton and West Ham United are both also said to have seen their approaches turned down.

However, Spurs are keen to push a deal through which would also include Steven Sessegnon, the twin of Ryan who moved to North London during the summer.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-spurs-refusing-to-give-up-on-a-deal-for-harry-kane-back-up/

WhiteJC

Upcoming game against Fulham postponed

Charlton's home game against Fulham initially set for Saturday, January 25th has been postponed after the Cottagers progressed to the fourth round of the Emirates FA Cup.

A new date for the fixture will be arranged between the two clubs and announced in due course.

Tickets for the game have gone off sale until the new fixture is scheduled.

Any tickets purchased already will still stand for the game and refunds will be offered to those who have purchased already who are not able to make the new date.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e1318a514cac/upcoming-game-against-fulham-postponed

WhiteJC

Fulham ticket confusion explained over the West Brom fan whose seat never existed

Andy Jones, 35, made the trip to Craven Cottage in September for West Bromwich Albion's Championship match with Fulham only to discover the seat down on his ticket could not be found

Craven Cottage. (Image: Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

It's every football fan's worst fear.

You have your ticket, you walk to your seat and there's someone sitting there already, but what if the seat wasn't even there at all?

That's what happened to West Brom supporter Andy Jones and his girlfriend when they visited Craven Cottage in September for the match against Fulham.

Paying £70 in total for two tickets in block P5 of the Putney End, seats 105 and 106 in row Q allocated to the Birmingham-based fan were nowhere to be seen.

Bizarrely the seat numbers jumped from 102 to 107, thus meaning that Andy had been sold two seats that didn't even exist.

The fan claimed that stewards could not find him different seats and that he was forced to stand at the back of the stand for the entirety of the game, but football.london understands stewards were not made aware of the seating confusion until half-time in the clash.

Andy later contacted Fulham to explain the situation but he received no apology and was told that he wouldn't receive a refund for the mix up.

Speaking to football.london about his trip to the Cottage back in September, the West Brom fan opened up on his experience and the reply he got from the club.

"I go to a lot of grounds around the country and you don't expect much for your ticket - rip off food, expensive beer, long queues for the toilets - but you at least usually get a seat, especially if you are paying one of the highest away prices in the Championship," he said.

The two tickets Andy had bought for West Brom's game at Fulham in September

"I understood it was an honest mistake by Fulham, but I emailed them to highlight this as I didn't want other fans to suffer a similar fate. Obviously, it could easily get quite nasty if away fans arrive and they haven't got a seat.

"I wasn't expecting a refund or much in way of acknowledgement, but the reply I had from Fulham 'Customer Relations' was astonishing.

"I was simply told - with no apology for a rubbish £70 day out - that basically as West Brom fans near me were stood up all game I'd have had to stand up anyway, therefore I didn't miss out in anyway.

"This reply ignores the fact we had no seats to stand next to, so there was no space to stand in. Also, what if I wasn't physically able to stand up all game?"

football.london understand that the fixture was not oversold and seats were available in other parts of the ground for the game.

However, the seat numbering has now been corrected to ensure that a similar situation does not occur again in future.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/west-brom-fulham-game-ticket-17420921

WhiteJC

Arter's stunning strike sees Fulham progress

Harry Arter marked his return from injury by scoring a stunning winner in Fulham's FA Cup third-round victory over Aston Villa.

Arter came off the bench and rifled home the decisive strike from 25 yards within 120 seconds of his introduction at Craven Cottage.

It was his first taste of action since October 19th, the 30-year-old midfielder having been sidelined by a nagging calf problem.

Arter, who replaced Kevin McDonald in the 72nd minute, beat Villa goalkeeper Orjan Nyland all ends up with his dipping left-foot shot, a leading contender for the goal of the round.

His first goal since November 2017 restored the Cottagers' lead after Anthony Knockaert's finely-taken effort had been cancelled out by Anwar El Ghazi.

"Both goals were pretty special," said Fulham manager Scott Parker before selecting brother-in-law Arter's as his slight favourite.

Discussing Arter, Parker added: "It's a big shame he had a bit of a setback with injury, but he's a character and we all understand the player we've got.

"It's moments like this, for Harry and the team, that you need to build on and get a bit of a lift."

Mikael Ndjoli replaced Barry Fuller four minutes from the end of Gillingham's 2-0 defeat by West Ham at Priestfield.

Pablo Zabaleta drew first blood for the Premier League Hammers 16 minutes from time before Pablo Fornals added a second in injury-time.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/arters-stunning-strike-sees-fulham-progress/

WhiteJC

Fulham duo have fight on for starting spot as new player stakes claim for side: Comment

Fulham centre backs Alfie Mawson and Tim Ream have been partners all season, but they may have to battle it out with each other for a starting spot now.

Scott Parker's side welcomed Aston Villa at the weekend.

The pair last met in the 2018 Championship play-off final but met in the FA Cup Third Round on Saturday, with Fulham progressing into the Fourth Round after a 2-1 win at the Cottage.

Two second-half goals from Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter sees Parker's side into the next round, and it was a game with plenty of positives for Fulham fans.

17-year-old Jay Stansfield made his senior debut for the club and impressed in doing so, Kevin McDonald had his return to action and Michael Hector made his long-awaited debut after finalising his move from Chelsea last week.

The Jamaican international has been training with Fulham throughout the first-half of the season but his move from Chelsea wasn't due to go through until this month's transfer window. But he's finally a Fulham player and having started the game on Saturday, there's plenty that think he'll prove to be a shrewd signing for the club.

He started alongside Mawson in a somewhat makeshift back-four with Cyrus Christie and Dennis Odoi on the flanks, with Joe Bryan playing in a more attacking role.

But having not played a game of first-team football since last season, and coming in against Premier League opposition, Hector more than held his own.

Fans were quick to call him out for the goal though when Anwar El-Ghazi got on the wrong side of him and got Villa on level terms.

It was quickly forgiven though, and there were plenty more positives than negatives to take from his game. His overall presence was his most impressing attribute – a big and powerful centre-back who won almost everything in the air on the day, and who commanded the Fulham defence better than Mawson and Ream have done all season.

With a few more games under his belt, Hector will become a real asset to Fulham, but it means Parker dropping one of Ream or Mawson.

It's unlikely that he'll play a back-five to cater for them all, but which one should pair Hector? It's clear that he's going to be a regular in the first-team in the second-half of the season, and Parker needs to pair him up sooner rather than later.

Mawson was given the nod on Saturday but he's come under some stern criticism from fans this season, whilst Ream has been no stranger to a slating either.

It's a tricky decision for Parker to make and at a tender time in the season. Fulham travel to Hull this weekend, and what the centre-paring will be is anyone's guess.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-duo-have-fight-on-for-starting-spot-as-new-player-stakes-claim-for-side-comment/

WhiteJC

Stansfield: Special Day

Jay Stansfield was on cloud nine after making his senior debut in Saturday's win over Aston Villa.

Since arriving from Exeter City's academy in August, the 17-year-old has scored a remarkable 23 goals in 15 appearances at youth level for Fulham.

It was form that did not go unnoticed by Scott Parker, who rewarded the striker with an 82nd minute introduction in the Emirates FA Cup.

Speaking to the official website, Stansfield said: "The last four months since I came here, I've had the chance to train with the First Team and show them what I've got, and they will give you the chance if you perform well week in, week out, and that's what they've done with me.

"I trained with the First Team on Monday and then went back to the 18s on Tuesday. We had New Year's Day off and then it was a case of either go with the 23s to play, or be on the bench with the First Team.

"Luckily I got my chance to be on the bench and I was happy that I did get on and make my debut.

"It was a great experience. I was happy to be able to come here and do what I've done, and then get the chance to come on the pitch and show all the fans what I can do."

Stansfield showed no signs of letting the occasion get to him, impressing with some intelligent running and almost claiming a fine assist when his low cross was poked wide by Anthony Knockaert.

"I'm happy with how I did after coming on," he said. "I've still got a lot of improving to do with my strength and technical ability, but I thought I did what I needed to do after coming on, and I'm proud of that.

"It was good to get the win. I had to play my part in the game and make sure I didn't make any mistakes that cost us. I was happy to come on and be able to stick to the gameplan and get the win."

Stansfield learnt his trade at Exeter, where his father Adam holds legendary status and has a stand named after him at St James' Park.

Adam tragically passed away at the age of 31 in 2010 after a battle with cancer. Jay dedicated his winning debut to his father, as well as paying tribute to the family members who helped him get to this point.

"My debut was very special, it will be a day that I'll always remember," he stated. "But there are so many people that I need to say thank you to for helping me get here, and making me the person I am that was able to get on the pitch.

"My family has been so supportive over the last six, seven years. Obviously it was nice to make my debut for my Dad, as well.

"I wish he was here to watch me do it but unfortunately he's not, so that was for him. My family has helped me so much over the years, so I just want to say thank you to everyone."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/06/jay-stansfield-special-day

WhiteJC

Spotlight: The numbers behind Harry Arter's cameo for Fulham v Aston Villa

Fulham have always had options off the bench across the years who are capable of  turning games around, but one super sub stepped up to take all the plaudits at the weekend.

Midfielder Harry Arter, who signed for the club in the summer, scored the winning goal that sent the Cottagers through against their Premier League opponents, and he will be delighted with the impact that he had upon proceedings at the weekend.

Here, we take an in-depth look at the midfielder's performance against The Villans from Saturday, and just how his display helped get Fulham into the hat for the fourth round draw tonight...

When Arter was introduced into the game with 25 minutes to go, Fulham fans wouldn't have believed the impact that the midfielder would have coming off the bench, and neither would have manager Scott Parker.

Replacing Kevin MacDonald, 30-year-old Arter slotted into the midfield as a defensive midfielder and he quickly asserted his authority on the game.

Just 105 seconds after coming on, his 'super-sub' performance began with one of his first touches of the ball, lasering a left-footed attempt into the top corner from 30 yards out which saw visiting goalkeeper Orjan Nyland get nowhere near the swerving and dipping strike.

The midfielder was instructed to play his usual game in the middle of the park, as his introduction brought a sense of calmness and composure to the Championship side's midfield.

Arter never shied away from the ball during his time on the pitch, and he always made himself an option as he took control of the Fulham midfield, spraying passes to the players around him.

His main aim was to keep things simple, but four out of four long passes managed to find their target as he looked to get Fulham on the attack despite holding on to a precarious lead late on.

As well as helping to shine in an attacking sense, the midfielder also took care of his defensive duties, protecting the defence and making one interception as well as one clearance.

The summer signing has had a big impact upon the way that Fulham play, and he has every reason to be delighted with the way that he settled Fulham down on Saturday at a crucial period in the game.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/spotlight-the-numbers-behind-harry-arters-cameo-for-fulham-v-aston-villa/

WhiteJC

Fulham Fixture Selected For Live Sky Coverage

Derby County's Sky Bet Championship fixture at home to Fulham in February has been selected for live coverage by Sky Sports.

The game was due to take place at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday 22nd February (3pm kick-off).

However, the game will now be played on Friday 21st February (7:45pm kick-off) in order to accommodate the Sky Sports cameras.

In addition, Derby's trip to Bristol City will still be played on Wednesday 12th February (7:45pm kick-off) but has been selected for co-exclusive broadcast on Sky Sports Action.

Full details of the latest TV selections can be found on the EFL's website, EFL.com.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/01/fulham-fixture-selected-for-live-sky-coverage

WhiteJC

February TV Picks

Fulham's away matches against Millwall and Derby County in February have been selected for live television coverage on Sky Sports.

The trip to the Den on Wednesday 12th February remains unmoved, but our meeting with the Rams at Pride Park will now take place a day earlier, on Friday 21st February (7.45pm).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/06/february-tv-picks

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Fulham player eyes Craven Cottage exit after snub

Marcus Bettinelli is looking to leave Fulham after missing out on their FA Cup game at the weekend, a source close to the player has confirmed to Football League World Chief Editor Sam Rourke.

The 27-year-old was left on the bench against Aston Villa after only making 14 appearances in the league this season, before Scott Parker chose to drop him to the bench in favour of Marek Rodak.

The keeper has had to be patient for his chance at Craven Cottage after progressing through the youth ranks there, which included loan spells away with Dartford and Accrington Stanley during the early stages of his career.

Now well into what should be his prime as a keeper, Bettinelli has been forced to play a bit-part role in between the sticks for the Cottagers under various managers as he has often found himself in favour and then dropped to the bench after failing to impress whoever was at the helm.

While he has proven his worth to Fulham in the past with some top saves and commanding performances in between the sticks, he continues to watch on as his boss continues to use different keepers part way through the season as he struggles to be consistent.

With Bettinelli now growing unhappy and seeking a move away from his boyhood club, Scott Parker now has a decision on whether he keeps the shot stopper around to sit on the bench or whether he allows him to depart and be a regular at another club elsewhere.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-fulham-player-eyes-craven-cottage-exit-after-snub/

WhiteJC

Kevin McDonald sends message to Fulham fans after return

Kevin McDonald started for Fulham for the first time since August on Saturday, as Scott Parker's side beat Aston Villa in the FA Cup Third Round.

Goals from Anthony Knockaert and Harry Arter gave Fulham an eventual 2-1 win over the Villans in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Parker's side will progress into the Fourth Round and they did so with a new-look team, which featured Kevin McDonald from the off.

The Scot is a beloved fan favourite at Craven Cottage but his season so far, and indeed his last year-and-a-half at the club has been blighted by a recurring calf injury.

But he's been nearing fitness and the 31-year-old looked as though he'd never been away, passing the ball as good as any Fulham player has this season and showing Parker why he's such an influential member of that team.

It was only McDonald's third start of the campaign and his fifth appearance in all competitions. He's played well over 100 games for the club though since joining back in 2016, and was a key component in their promotion-winning campaign in 2017/18 playing in all but one Championship game.

He'd played all but one of Fulham's Championship games in the 2016/17 season too, so after two seasons of being so fit and so involved, it's been hard to watch McDonald struggle in the way he has with injury.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/kevin-mcdonald-sends-message-to-fulham-fans-after-return/

WhiteJC

Former Newcastle forward Aleksandar Mitrovic is reportedly wanted by Tottenham

Amid Newcastle's striking woes, one they let go is the top scorer in the Championship. Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored 18 times for Fulham this season, leading to reported interest from Tottenham Hotspur.

The claim comes from 90min, who state that Jose Mourinho's side have made an enquiry about the Serbian after missing out in the summer.

Tottenham have one of the best strikers in the Premier League in Harry Kane, but injury to the England skipper may force Spurs into doing some business this month.

If Mitrovic does make the switch and thrives at Tottenham, just what will the Newcastle hierarchy be thinking?

Mitro had all the makings of a Geordie legend when he arrived, saying all the right things and showing passion on the pitch. The only thing that didn't flow was the goals.

When Rafa Benitez arrived, Mitrovic's minutes diminished, with the Spaniard unable to trust the striker to play a disciplined role up top.

Since moving to Fulham, the forward has been pretty much unstoppable in front of goal, particularly in the second tier. And every goal he scores serves as a reminder of what might have been at St James' Park.

While Joelinton struggles week in and week out, the answer to our striker issue may have passed us by when he left in 2018 for £22 million.

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/transfers/former-newcastle-forward-aleksandar-mitrovic-is-reportedly-wanted-by-tottenham/

WhiteJC

FA Cup Fourth Round Draw

Fulham will face holders Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium in the fourth-round of the FA Cup.

The draw was made earlier this evening with the Whites travelling to Manchester over the weekend of January 24-27.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/06/fa-cup-fourth-round-draw

WhiteJC

FA Cup fourth round draw: Man City and Liverpool avoid top-flight opposition – unlike United and Spurs

There were several potential all-Premier League meetings, with Watford set to meet either Wolves or Manchester United if they can overcome Tranmere Rovers in a replay

The prize at Wembley in May for the winners of the FA Cup ( Getty )

The defending champions Manchester City will meet Championship high-flyers Fulham in the FA Cup fourth round.

Fulham already have one Premier League scalp after knocking out Aston Villa on Saturday, but will be up against it at the Etihad against City, who beat Port Vale 4-1 to progress.

Premier League leaders Liverpool will travel to either Bristol City or Shrewsbury after knocking out Merseyside rivals Everton on Sunday.

There were several potential all-Premier League meetings, with Watford set to meet either Wolves or Manchester United if they can overcome Tranmere Rovers in a replay.

Southampton will host the winner of Middlesbrough and Tottenham, while Bournemouth will take on the victor in Monday evening's contest between Arsenal and Leeds United.

Championship promotion chasers Brentford will face Brendan Rodgers' impressive Leicester City, while West Ham were drawn with Championship title chasers West Brom and Hull City will meet Chelsea.

The lowest ranked side definitely through to the fourth round, League Two's Northampton Town, were drawn at home against Derby County and will welcome Wayne Rooney to Sixfields.

The ties will take place over the weekend of 25-26 January.
Full FA Cup fourth round draw

Watford/Tranmere vs Wolves/Manchester United

Hull City vs Chelsea

Southampton vs Middlesbrough/Tottenham

QPR vs Sheffield Weds

Bournemouth vs Arsenal

Northampton vs Derby

Brentford vs Leicester

Millwall vs Sheffield United

West Ham vs West Brom

Reading/Blackpool vs Cardiff/Carlisle

Burnley vs Norwich

Bristol Rovers/Coventry City vs Birmingham City

Man City vs Fulham

Rochdale/Newcastle vs Oxford

Portsmouth vs Barnsley

Bristol City/Shrewsbury vs Liverpool

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/fa-cup-fourth-round-draw-liverpool-manchester-united-city-tottenham-chelsea-arsenal-a9272971.html

WhiteJC

The Tony Gale Column

Knocking Aston Villa out of the FA Cup will have given the lads' confidence a massive boost. Villa made changes to their side, but we did as well, and we were well worth the victory in the end. Anthony Knockaert was due a goal, and that one he scored on Saturday was the sort we were expecting from him when he signed. Coming in off the right hand side and curling those shots in is something of a trademark of his, and it was a great strike against Villa. That will have given him a real boost.

Harry Arter's was a special goal, too. That will have done him the world of good after being out for so long. I think we've missed him. Now it's a case of getting him back fully fit and anchoring that midfield, starting moves off. In terms of the passing philosophy Scott wants to implement, Harry is crucial for that style of play, so to have him back available is massive.

The weekend also saw a debut for Michael Hector, who will have been itching to get out there. I've been aware of Michael for some time – I remember watching him play at Reading. He did very well against Villa so hopefully he can settle into that role. His addition gives us some real competition for places at centre-back now, which can only benefit all involved.

The festive period was a bit of a strange one. After taking seven points from nine – which was a decent return, by the way – I just didn't see the Reading defeat coming. I thought we'd started picking up some good form, so that one just came out of the blue. Having said that, Reading had at least been playing well and getting some points on the board. It was one that shocked me, and it just reiterates what Scott Parker has been saying about needing to be more consistent. West Brom and Leeds have had a couple of hiccups themselves of late, so we need to make sure we're in a position to capitalise.

We need to close that gap. I don't like forecasting but I think we're certainties for at least the Play-Offs. But we've got to aim for the stars and try and go up automatically. We've put impressive runs together in the past and that's what we've got to do again now in these second half of the season. After Christmas is when we tend to play with a little bit more intensity, and that is what we're going to need in our play if we are to reach our ambitions.

We're off to Hull on Saturday looking to make amends from our last meeting when they did a number on us at the Cottage. We had so much possession in that match but ended up losing 3-0. They've not been massively consistent this season but they've won a few recently to get themselves back in the Play-Off picture. I think they'll sit back at the weekend, even though they're at home, let us have possession and try and win in the same manner as they did at our place.

Jarrod Bowen is the obvious man to be wary of. I think he's one who some Premier League sides might be taking a look at in this window, but Hull will be desperate to hold onto him if they want to make a run for the Play-Offs. Some players always do well against certain teams, and Bowen always seems to score against Fulham. Let's hope we can end that pattern on Saturday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/07/the-tony-gale-column

WhiteJC

Tottenham: Spurs eye move for Mitrovic

Spurs are reportedly lining up a move for Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic.

According to 90 min Football, Spurs are considering a move for the Serbian striker following the injury to Harry Kane earlier this month.

Interestingly, it's claimed that Fulham have rejected a number of enquiries for the striker – but Tottenham Hotspur remain keen on striking a deal for the Serbian international.

Indeed, the Cottagers handed the international attacker a contract worth £120,000-a-week back in July 2019 to signal their desire to keep him at Craven Cottage, but it now appears as if they'll have to fight for him once again.

Mitrovic has been prolific for Fulham this season; hitting 18 goals in 25 games in the Championship for the promotion hopefuls.

TIF Tactics:

Mitrovic has proven himself in the Premier League; hitting 11 goals in Fulham's dreadful relegation campaign last season and could be the goalscorer which Spurs desperately need following the injury to Kane. Indeed, his goal record in the current campaign also just goes to show that he can find the back of the net on a regular basis, which is exactly what Spurs need right now, a player who can produce a consistent amount of goals.

Although, you could argue that there may be better options than a Championship striker out there, with Ryan Sessegnon's recent move from the Championship hardly proving a success so far, so they run the risk of wasting their money if he doesn't end up living up to the hype.

Currently valued at £22.5 million, the 25-year-old would surely welcome a move back to the Premier League should Spurs' reported enquiry prove successful.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2020/01/blogs/premier-league/tottenham-spurs-eye-move-for-mitrovic-and-sessegnon/

WhiteJC

'He's a Championship N'Golo Kante' – Fulham fan pundit gushes over 24-y/o workhorse

This article is part of Football League World's 'Regular Punter' series, where we gather original opinions from select, passionate fans of the clubs concerned on matters surrounding their team and share them with a wider audience...

Football League World's Fulham fan pundit Charles Jones has lavished praise on the shoulders of Harrison Reed, with the 24-year-old midfielder having sparkled since arriving at Craven Cottage on loan from Southampton this summer.

Reed has been gifted regular game time by Scott Parker this term, making a total of 17 Championship appearances for the Whites, underlining his importance to their push for promotion to the Premier league.

His all action displays in the centre of the park have made him something of a fan favourite amongst the Craven Cottage faithful and as such a permanent move to west London may not be out of the question for the 24-year-old.

We caught up with Jones last week to discuss this possibility, whilst also reflecting on the player's performances for the Cottagers so far, and here is what our fan pundit had to say:

"It really depends on the finances involved in the deal.

"If he's available on the cheap then we shouldn't hesitate in moving for him, but he's been good enough this season to potentially warrant Southampton giving him a chance next term, so I don't know how affordable it would be.

"He's been brilliant whenever he's stepped onto the pitch as he's added some much needed stability in the midfield.

"He's a Championship N'Golo Kante with regards to his engine as he just runs all day long.

"On top of that he's a strong tackler and while his passing range is limited his short passing ability is solid."

Reed will be hopeful of continuing his strong showings for the rest of the campaign at least before worrying too much about his long-term future, particularly as the Whites are still competing to finish in the play-offs come the end of the season.

It remains to be seen if the player will indeed have a future at Southampton, with the 24-year-old having been shipped out on loan in each of the last three seasons.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/hes-a-championship-ngolo-kante-fulham-fan-pundit-gushes-over-24-y-o-workhorse/