watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cav signs permanently!

Started by St. Andrews White, January 07, 2020, 04:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cravenette

I thought Bobby was another one we wanted to buy in the summer but couldn't at the time for whatever reason. Hopefully he will be made perm too and we can get in a couple of defenders on loan.

Southcoastffc

I'd have expected Knockhaert to be made permanent before Cav (nor that I have any regret that Cav has been signed).
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

Bill2

Does that mean we have space for two new loaners?

@jolslover

STH H3

davew

Quote from: howitis on January 07, 2020, 05:06:01 PM
He has shown enough this season to stand out amongst an average team and this is great news for the club. If I was to make another loanee permanent it would be Bobby Reid. I think the rest I would pass on unless Arter was a free.
+1, great news for the Club, definitely shows good intent by the Khans, well done!! Who is next?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

General

Perhaps the intention is to do a wolves and Sheffield utd and build and strong squad in the champions so when the move up happens(if it happens) it'll be smoother and require less spending and unbalancing of the squad. Clearly buying a new one when you go up doesn't work as we and Aston villa are proving. You need players who know the English leagues and mentality in the first season it seems and a few players of quality to come in but without egos and are a good cultural fit?

spikey norman

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 07, 2020, 06:39:28 PM
I'd have expected Knockhaert to be made permanent before Cav (nor that I have any regret that Cav has been signed).
I hope we sign AK MK2.
Think he is better than AK MK1 who has just signed a contract extension.

bobby01

Quote from: sarvenpa on January 07, 2020, 05:05:04 PM
He is obviously liked in the dressinroom.
"The Kliq" liked his permanent signing on Instagram.

"The Kliq"???
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

sarvenpa

Quote from: bobby01 on January 07, 2020, 09:03:13 PM
Quote from: sarvenpa on January 07, 2020, 05:05:04 PM
He is obviously liked in the dressinroom.
"The Kliq" liked his permanent signing on Instagram.

"The Kliq"???

The guys who runs the dressing room  - Kmac , Johanssen,Mitrovic,Bettinelli,Christie

AnOldBrownie

Good signing.    Glad we'll have you for awhile Ivan.  COYW!!

Woolly Mammoth

Yes a step in the right direction I would have thought.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BarryP

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 07, 2020, 10:15:34 PM
Good signing.    Glad we'll have you for awhile Ivan.  COYW!!

0001.jpeg
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

KeenCottager

MikeW

Don't understand these comments about 'waiting for the Sess money?'  It's a straight forward cash flow problem that I'm sure our very wealthy owners could overcome with a tick of a pen (or more likely, the press of a button!).  I think it's more like, as others have suggested, they want to have a good look before committing to purchase which seems very sensible to me.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Milo

Really good signing.

He is a little inconsistent but we have to accept if he was doing what he does week in, week out, he would be in the Prem.

Milo

Think D Reid should be the next signing as others have suggested.

Arter has injury concerns, and Knockaert a little temperamental so I think watch and wait til the end of the season for those two.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Bill2 on January 07, 2020, 07:15:35 PM
Does that mean we have space for two new loaners?
That's my thinking as to why it got done now.
Quark, strangeness and charm