more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cav signs permanently!

Started by St. Andrews White, January 07, 2020, 04:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Andrews White

Cavaleiro Made Permanent

The Club is pleased to confirm that the permanent registration of Ivan Cavaleiro as a Fulham player has been completed.

Cavaleiro will remain at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2024, with a Club option to extend the deal by a further year.

The winger has been an integral part of Scott Parker's side in the first half of the season.

Tony Khan commented:

'Since joining us in the summer Ivan has shown real quality and I know there's much more to come. He is an extremely gifted player, already registering five goals and six assists, he's been outstanding for us so far. He has the ability to make a difference in a game so I am excited that he's a Fulham player until at least 2024. I worked hard to get him here and I know Ivan has a big part to play in the journey ahead to get us back to where we want to be, in the Premier League. Come on Fulham!'

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/07/ivan-cavaleiro-made-permanent

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

RaySmith

Great news - he's really impressed lately, not just his obvious quality, but his attitude - he really seemed to want it against Reading, and kept pressing to help us get back into the game, right to the final whistle.

FFC1987

That's really good news actually. Makes space for a potential loan signing again too. Nice show of intent from owners, gives me hope that if we don't go up, there is a long term strategy here.

Deeping_white

Apparently to make it permanent it cost £15m which isn't an insignificant amount of money

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 07, 2020, 04:16:09 PM
Apparently to make it permanent it cost £15m which isn't an insignificant amount of money

8M

Frackleheath

Great move and early in the window for a change !!!

HV71

grandad

Excellent business from the Club. Pleased for Cav.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Lighthouse

Well we are spending the Sess money. Not sure we could really get anybody better than Cav. On his day he is a truly gifted player that can turn a game. That is two January signings already. Yes I know we already had them at the club before but it all counts. Glad Cav wants to be a part of things here.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tabby

Wonder if this means that there is a new loanee coming in.

ALG01

I keep being told we have no money for signings because of FFP
if we just coughed up for Cav does that mean we are ablke to get some proper full backs that know how to defend because currently, week in week out, that is our single biggest failing.

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: ALG01 on January 07, 2020, 04:37:42 PM
if we just coughed up for Cav does that mean we are ablke to get some proper full backs that know how to defend because currently, week in week out, that is our single biggest failing.

Our loan quota was full, 5 loans, and to have more, you'd either have to send one back, or drop one from the squad. When you look at Cavalerio, Reid, Reed, Arter and Knockhaert, none of them would be dropped from the squad, or sent back, so 1 or 2 would have to be made permanent to give us any movement.

The rumblings are, that one more is to be made permanent, take that as you will, be it will allow us to bring in 2 more loans, but spend on players we know are worth spending money on.

As for FFP, I'm not sure where we stand with the Sessegnon money that came late doors, or, if anything is being sorted with Seri or Anguissa to release capital.

Number6

Bassey the warrior

Great news. He's a pacy, direct but also very technical player that has already shown his class. Most importantly he is proven Premier League quality. Happy to have him on board and maybe we can bring in a quick full back now.

sarvenpa

He is obviously liked in the dressinroom.
"The Kliq" liked his permanent signing on Instagram.

FFC1987

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 07, 2020, 04:55:47 PM

Our loan quota was full, 5 loans, and to have more, you'd either have to send one back, or drop one from the squad. When you look at Cavalerio, Reid, Reed, Arter and Knockhaert, none of them would be dropped from the squad, or sent back, so 1 or 2 would have to be made permanent to give us any movement.

The rumblings are, that one more is to be made permanent, take that as you will, be it will allow us to bring in 2 more loans, but spend on players we know are worth spending money on.

As for FFP, I'm not sure where we stand with the Sessegnon money that came late doors, or, if anything is being sorted with Seri or Anguissa to release capital.

I'd be quite excited if we got Arter signed up if that rumour is true. Would feel like even if we didn't go up, we'd have enough players on longer term deals to have another go at it next season.

howitis

He has shown enough this season to stand out amongst an average team and this is great news for the club. If I was to make another loanee permanent it would be Bobby Reid. I think the rest I would pass on unless Arter was a free.

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 07, 2020, 05:05:17 PM

I'd be quite excited if we got Arter signed up if that rumour is true. Would feel like even if we didn't go up, we'd have enough players on longer term deals to have another go at it next season.

:022:

Tabby

I'd assume Decordova-Reid is the other one being made permanent in that case. His loan seemed like it was meant to be a transfer in the first place given the reaction from Warnock talking about how he was sold for half of his valuation. Just that the Sess money came in late so he couldn't be bought outright.