Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 11/01/20...

Started by WhiteJC, January 10, 2020, 10:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Brian McBride named USA national team manager
McBride: "I am incredibly honoured to once again represent the national team"

Former Fulham forward Brian McBride has been named USA manager

Former Fulham forward Brian McBride has been named general manager of the USA national team.

McBride replaces Earnie Stewart who left the role in August after just one year in the post to become the USA federation's sporting director.

The 47-year-old, who spent four years at Fulham scoring 37 goals in 149 appearances, played in three World Cups for the USA and scored 30 goals in 95 games for his country.

McBride said: "I am incredibly honoured to once again represent the national team.

"It's critically important for everyone to understand the privilege and pride that goes with wearing the jersey, and I'm excited about the opportunity to build relationships with players and clubs that align with the philosophy and values of U.S. Soccer.

USA sporting director, Stewart, said: "We are thrilled to have Brian McBride assume the role.

"Through his impressive career as a three-time World Cup veteran and at clubs in England, Germany and the United States, he has earned the respect of his peers around the world.

"The hard-earned reputation will allow him to forge important relationships both internationally and here at home, and his understanding of the game and what it takes to succeed at the highest levels will be invaluable to our player pool and our staff."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12010/11905804/brian-mcbride-named-usa-national-team-manager

WhiteJC

Fulham confirm player departure

Tayo Edun's departure from Fulham has been confirmed by the club, with the 21-year-old moving to League One side Lincoln City on a permanent deal.

The club announced the news on their website, with the move bringing an end to Edun's ten-year association with the Cottagers. The 21-year-old has been on Fulham's books since the Under-11's age group.

Edun has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Imps, and should go straight into Michael Appleton's matchday squad for Saturday's trip to New Meadow where they'll face Shrewsbury Town.

"After a conversation [with the manager] and seeing what he was looking for in his players and where he was trying to take the club, that drew me in a lot," the 21-year-old told Lincoln City's website.

He has not made an appearance for the senior squad at the club this season, but has featured eight times for the Under-23's in the Premier League 2 competition, as well as twice in the Leasing.com trophy.

Edun most recently spent the 2018-19 season on loan at Ipswich Town, making a total of eight appearances for the Tractorboys.

The versatile midfielder also posted this message on social media after his departure was confirmed.

Edun was part of the England under-19 winning side at the 2017 UEFA European Championships, and was also named in the team of the tournament.

The Verdict

Edun's chances at Fulham were becoming very limited at Fulham, and Scott Parker and Tony Khan must have come to the conclusion that the best thing for the 21-year-old was to move on in search of regular first-team football.

He is capable of playing at left-back and central midfield. Lincoln have got their hands on a very talented player.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-confirm-player-departure/

JimOG

Valued on transfermarket at £12 million....would have to be a loan to buy deal?

WhiteJC

Hull City v Fulham - Liverpool loanee Herbie Kane bidding to get Tigers up after they dashed his boyhood dreams

Boyhood Bristol City supporter Herbie Kane can remember sitting in shock as Dean Windass's rasping volley almost ripped the back of the net off in the 2008 Championship play-off final at Wembley.

The then nine-year-old fan was part of the 86,703-strong crowd who attended the fixture that is still fondly remembered by almost every football supporter from Hull.

The game finished 1-0 to the Tigers, much to the sorrow of Kane, as Bristol – his first academy club – saw their top-flight dream dashed.

But the heartbreak as a nine-year-old supporter is something barely remembered by the on-loan Liverpool midfielder nowadays as he looks to create more happy memories for Tigers fans this May.

The 21-year-old arrived at City just two days into the January transfer window and made his Hull debut in last weekend's 3-2 FA Cup victory at Rotherham United. Hull are just two points behind sixth-placed Swansea City and host Fulham, one place and one point higher than the Swans, at the KCOM today.

The Tigers head into the game with three-straight wins to their name and Kane feels that victory for the home side could put the teams above them on alert.

From the staff and all the players that is definitely where we want to get to and I feel we can do it.
    Herbie Kane

"In the Championship, it is so tight and a couple of wins can get you right up there and into the play-offs," he said.

"You have just got to keep that momentum going.

"Hopefully we will be able to get up there.

"A win would be a massive statement, Fulham are a great team and are doing well themselves. It can put a strong message out to the rest of the teams in the league and hopefully we can get the three points.

"I think the way that we are going we can reach the play-offs and get promoted.

"From the staff and all the players that is definitely where we want to get to and I feel we can do it."

Kane admitted that he wanted a loan switch to Hull during the summer but it never materialised. His parent club, Liverpool, faced a more congested fixture list during the first half of the campaign as they were invited to participate in the FIFA Club World Cup in Qatar.

League Cup progress for the Merseyside club meant that they were required to play two games in two days – one in Birmingham, the other in Qatar in mid-December. But that provided an opportunity for Kane to make his first start for Liverpool as he featured in the club's League Cup quarter-final defeat at Aston Villa.

The 21-year-old was under the tutelage of Hull manager Grant McCann previously when the pair worked together at Doncaster Rovers last season.

"I was looking to get out on loan as soon as possible and I was with the gaffer last year at Doncaster," said Kane.

"He approached Liverpool and tried to get a loan and thankfully it happened for me.

"It isn't the only reason. I have worked hard to make sure that I am ready for a loan spell. But, obviously, I was with him last year. I like his desire to win, that is similar to me. I love winning.

Kane added: "I wanted to go out in the summer and Hull was one of the places I wanted to go to.

"Things didn't quite happen between the clubs.

"Especially with the amount of games that the first team at Liverpool had.

"They needed to keep hold of players, that is why it didn't happen.

"It has been hard, I stayed all that time and only started one game. It is a bit frustrating but now I am at Hull and hopefully I can get some games."

The midfielder feels that a move to the Championship is a natural progression for him, after playing 49 times for Rovers last campaign.

He added: "I am looking forward to it. I have watched a lot of games in the Championship and the standard is high.

"There are a lot of great players in the Championship and I am looking to challenge myself."

Kane spoke to fellow Liverpool midfielder Harry Wilson prior to his loan switch, after Wilson spent the second half of the 2017-18 season on loan at the KCOM.

And Kane hopes to emulate Wilson's development into a Premier League regular, adding: "You see with Harry, after the loan he had here, he is flying now."

https://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city-v-fulham-liverpool-loanee-herbie-kane-bidding-to-get-tigers-up-after-they-dashed-his-boyhood-dreams-1-10195867

WhiteJC

Fulham plotting transfer swoop for 26-y/o as promotion bid continues

Fulham are targeting a move for Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo according to a report from Football Insider.

Kongolo has struggled for consistent game time with the Terriers this term, and Fulham are readying a formal bid for the central defender during this month's transfer window.

The 25-year-old has made just 11 appearances for Danny Cowley's men this season and hasn't featured since Huddersfield's 5-2 defeat to promotion-chasing Bristol City back in late November.

Kongolo was a rare bright spark for Huddersfield last season, and made 32 appearances for the Terriers as they were relegated from the Premier League in the 2018/19 campaign.

But the defender has fallen behind both Christopher Schindler and Jon Gerenc Stankovic in the pecking order with Huddersfield this season, which could mean that he's looking into potential destinations elsewhere before the January transfer window.

Fulham have already added former Chelsea defender Michael Hector to their defensive ranks earlier this month, but Scott Parker is seemingly keen to add further options in the near future with Kongolo being amongst one of his top targets.

Fulham are next in action on Saturday when they take on Hull City at the KCOM Stadium, in what could be a potentially tricky test for Scott Parker's men.

The Verdict:

I'm not sure they need another central defender.

Fulham have only just confirmed that Michael Hector has signed for them from Chelsea, and that adds further depth to a defensive line that is already strong.

Fulham's squad is really impressive this season, and I think they're just a few signings away from being in the right position to be promoted back into the Premier League under Scott Parker's guidance.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-plotting-transfer-swoop-for-26-y-o-as-promotion-bid-continues/

WhiteJC

Hull City vs Fulham: Tickets Available On Matchday

Hull City are back in action at the KCOM Stadium this afternoon when they host Fulham (KO 3pm) and, if you haven't already purchased your ticket, supporters are reminded that there are a number of ways to buy on the day of the game.

Ticket prices for all home games this season are now priced as follows:

Matchday Ticket Price
Adult  Senior 65+ Young Adult (16-22)  Junior (11-15)  Junior (2-10)
Price  £33  £24 £18  £12  £9

Match Card holders will pay the following ticket prices:

Matchday Ticket Price
Adult  Senior 65+ Young Adult (16-22)  Junior (11-15)  Junior (2-10)
Price  £27  £21 £15  £10.50  £7.50

You can book your seat before you even leave the house – just visit our online ticketing hub by clicking here where you can do one of the following:

Purchase an e-ticket to print at home
    Purchase and upload a ticket to your existing Match Card (click here to find out more about our Match Cards which offer great savings on future ticket purchases)
    Buy a ticket for collection from the Ticket Zone at the KCOM Stadium – this option is available until two hours before kick-off

Telephone
Give us a call on 01482 358418 to book tickets over the phone up until two hours before kick-off. Phone lines are open from 10am for Saturday fixtures with the following options available:

Purchase an e-ticket to print at home
    Purchase a ticket for collection from the Ticket Zone at the KCOM Stadium

Please note that all telephone orders are subject to a £2 booking fee

In Person
Visit our Tiger Leisure store at the KCOM Stadium and buy your tickets in person over the counter up until kick-off time (we advise supporters to arrive as early as possible to avoid queues as kick-off time approaches). Cash and credit/debit card payments are accepted (subject to a £1 per ticket transaction fee).

Alternatively, visit the Ticket Zone and buy your tickets at one of our self-service ticket machines using your credit or debit card with no transaction fees.

And don't forget we also have our new 6-Match Savers available to purchase – which are the perfect option for supporters who attend multiple home matches throughout the season but are unable to commit to a full Membership.

As the name suggests, Savers offer a huge saving when compared to buying tickets match-by-match. Adults can save £54 (a saving of £9 per game). when purchasing a 6-Match Saver. Both Adult and Concession Savers are available.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/hull-city-vs-fulham-tickets-available-on-matchday/

WhiteJC

Saturday Stats: Hull City vs Fulham

Saturday means it's time for some statistics as we look ahead to this afternoon's Sky Bet Championship clash with Fulham.

With the focus firmly on today's fixture at the KCOM Stadium, we take a look at the game from a statistical perspective.

Hull City

Hull City are unbeaten in five home league games against Fulham (W4 D1 L0) since losing 3-0 back in October 1996 in a fourth-tier match.

The Tigers have won three of their last four matches in the Championship (W3 D0 L1), last winning three in a row at the start of November last year.

Grant McCann's side have accumulated 20 of their 39 points this season at the KCOM Stadium having won six, drawn two and lost five of their Championship home fixtures to-date in 2019/20.

40&11
Hull City's tally of 40 league goals this season have been scored by 11 different goalscorers, along with one own goal.

22&16
Jarrod Bowen has been directly involved in more Championship goals this season than any other player (16 goals, six assists). Indeed, Bowen has scored or assisted 16 goals in his last 15 league appearances (12 goals, four assists).

Fulham

1/8
Fulham have managed just one win in their last eight league games against Hull (W1 D2 L5), winning 2-1 in September 2017.

The Cottagers have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last nine fixtures against the Tigers.

Scott Parker's side are without a win in three away league games (W0 D1 L2), since a 2-1 win at Swansea City in November.

40&8
Fulham's tally of 40 league goals this season have been scored by 11 different goalscorers, along with one own goal.

Bobby De Cordova-Reid has scored three goals in his last three league appearances, one more than he bagged in his previous 27 (two).

Head-To-Head

95&36
Meetings (95) in all competitions between the two sides, with the Tigers winning 36, drawing 28 and losing 31.

7/8
There have been more than 2.5 goals scored in seven of the previous eight matches between the two teams.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/saturday-stats-hull-city-vs-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham said targeting move for Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo

Fulham are plotting a move to sign Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo, according to a report by Football Insider.

The London side are in the hunt for some defensive reinforcements in this transfer window and the Holland international has emerged on their radar.

Kongolo, who is 25 years old, could leave Huddersfield this month having fallen out of favour under Danny Cowley. He has not featured for the Yorkshire side since November and he may be offloaded this month as his side look to balance the books.

He stayed with Huddersfield this term despite their relegation from the Premier League last season. His contract with the Championship outfit expires in 2022. They signed Richard Stearman from Sheffield United yesterday making Kongolo surplus to requirements.

The Terriers forked out a fee of around £18 million to sign him in June 2018 after he impressed on loan during the second half of the 2017/18 season from AS Monaco

Kongolo could not prevent Huddersfield from relegation last season and has since made 11 appearances for them in the second tier this term and it is thought that he has been told that he can look for football elsewhere.

He started his career at Feyenoord and went on to play 138 games, helping them win the Eredivisie title in 2017.

Monaco snapped him up that summer on a five-year deal but he left the Ligue 1 outfit after less than six months to join Huddersfield. He made just six appearances for the French side.

His time in England has not really worked out for him but Fulham may now be prepared to offer him a lifeline this winter.

https://the72.co.uk/154328/fulham-plotting-move-for-huddersfield-town-defender-terence-kongolo/

WhiteJC

'Please let this be true' – Loads of Huddersfield fans react to development regarding player's potential exit

Fulham are preparing to make an offer for Huddersfield defender Terence Kongolo after being informed of his availability, according to Football Insider.

Kongolo has reportedly been told he can leave the Yorkshire club this month after struggling to break into Danny Cowley's plans in recent weeks, and it has now emerged that Fulham are targeting the Dutchman to help strengthen their defence.

The 25-year-old has made a total of 11 appearances in the Championship this term, but he has not been included in the match-day squad for any of the Terriers' last seven league matches ahead of a potential transfer move this month.

It is understood that Fulham boss Scott Parker has identified Kongolo as someone who can add quality to his side's defensive line in the second half of the campaign, despite the fact he appears to have been frozen out at the John Smith's Stadium.

Journalist Pete O'Rourke took to Twitter to share the news on Friday evening:

Plenty of Huddersfield supporters responded to this transfer development by urging Kongolo to leave the club, with many of them criticising his attitude since the Terriers' relegation to the second tier.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/please-let-this-be-true-loads-of-huddersfield-fans-react-to-development-regarding-players-potential-exit/

filham

Congratulations to Brian McBride on being appointed manager of the USA soccer team.
Hope this is a stepping stone for him and that his next job will be manager of Fulham that is if he is not made president of USA in the next few years.