News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So what was our formation at the end of the game?

Started by FulhamKC, January 11, 2020, 05:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

We had Bryan, Odoi, Mawson, Ream, Hector and Christie all on the field at one time. It looked like Bryan was playing in midfield with the other five on the back line but I couldn't tell for sure.

I wish we wouldn't get so defensive at the end of games when we are trying to protect a one goal lead. It seems we take on way too much pressure from the other team.

Robbie

I actually thought this was pretty intelligent .. good game management.

We Are Premier League

Slightly off topic but our bench looked quite impressive today
Arter, cairney, mawson, johansen, bryan etc.

Southcoastffc

Well, put it this way. Rodak was our most advanced player.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Whitestone

I wish I knew the answer to the OP. It's getting stressful watching from 80 minutes onwards with Parker persisting on loading up the defence. As usual he just invites the opposition on and they they thought they'd equalised in the 95th minute. Fortunately they were offside and luckily the linesman put his flag up. He took it to extremes today with eight at the back and  Onamah and Reid as the only outlets. Well that's what it looked like but who knows ?

filham

I was listening to the GJ commentary and just couldn't believe the substitutions although it was to counter their late tactics of pumping high balls into our box and we had to replace a tired McDonald and an injured Mitro both of whom are good in the air defensively.

However it worked so I guess we have to give Parker credit.

YankeeJim

I think the official name is "parking the bus".

Given that Mitro was out, we really didn't have a way to advance the ball so in this case I think it was justified (thank you Mr Lino).
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

colinwhite

Its called grinding out  a result. We looked solid all game actually.

Woolly Mammoth

It's also called improvisation, that's what it takes to get a result away from home. How many of us would have forecast that scoreline, grinding out a result, improvising with horses for courses is what successful teams do who have not got a fat wallet or aren't allowed to use a fat wallet to lean on as a crutch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Hull's main tactic was  to pump it long to Eaves, this was more so in the second half especially as their wide players were being marked considerably better than they were at the Cottage and did not have the same impact. Therefore SP's tactics of flooding the defence in the latter stages was spot on.