watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Onwards to Charlton

Started by DevonFFC, January 18, 2020, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Do we maintain the same starting 11, with Kongolo coming in and potentially AK back in contention?

AK would give us even more pace and strength up top though his finishing isn't any better I believe than the front free who played Friday.

Hatch007

AK would give us even more pace and strength up top though his finishing isn't any better I believe than the front free who played Friday.
[/quote]

He was clinical at home to QPR and with a run in the side I think he would be a regular goal threat

grandad

If it isn´t broken don´t fix it. Same 18 man squad for me.
Where there's a will there's a wife

sunburywhite

What impressed me was the speed of everyones footwork

So fast
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Quote from: grandad on January 18, 2020, 06:15:08 PM
But it is broken, all of those missed chances if not addressed will soon result in a defeat. As soon as Kamara is fit we must play him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 18, 2020, 06:50:03 PM
What impressed me was the speed of everyones footwork

So fast

Yes the one touch passing movements was a joy to watch, the tempo was a lot faster and it showed, no tippy tappy nonsense that invites the opponent to close us down.
This was straight off the training ground, hours of pass that ball and keep moving, give and go, pass and move.
Every time a Fulham player was in possession of the ball he always seem to have up to three other Fulham players supporting him, nobody was isolated.
I expect Borough felt that they were playing against 12/13 players.
The fact that we always had enough players supporting the man on the ball was instrumental in our performance and ultimately the Victory.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Huxley

Looking forward to my home away game. Followed by my 2nd home away game vs Millwall shortly.

SP

Watching the Charlton highlights & I suspect its goals guaranteed at both ends on Wednesday.

Worried about the visit to Millwall, it looks more like a vegetable patch?

Slaphead in Qatar

Charlton had their tactics right against us at the cottage. Let's see if Scott has learned from that

ffcne

We are lacking a bit of height for defending set pieces and corners.
Especially with Mitro missing
Not sure if  Charlton are  a big side .
But Kongolo is a big lad  and there is also Mawson.
I would think one of them a must for Millwall.

70sPimlico

Quote from: ffcne on January 19, 2020, 11:19:41 AM

eh? Mitro is 6.2". We've just bough Kmac back in the side and bought big Hec. Both are 6.4".

SP

Ticket sales are going well so it should be a good atmosphere.

Milo

Same team for me but AK can come on for the last 15 minutes and do his usual battering ram rendition.

ffcne

Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 19, 2020, 05:56:24 PM

eh? Mitro is 6.2". We've just bough Kmac back in the side and bought big Hec. Both are 6.4".

I am well aware of Macdonald and Hector but who else if Mitro is missing?

DevonFFC

Quote from: ffcne on January 19, 2020, 06:02:59 PM

Kongolo if he plays is 6'1 I believe and if you swap Mawson for Ream that's another 6ft +

fulhamben

If ak is fit, I would start him. Bobby is a good little player, but he is no lone striker
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

70sPimlico

Quote from: ffcne on January 19, 2020, 06:02:59 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. In terms of height? Mitro is missing but purely from height pov, we've replaced him with two bigger men. I dont think we need to still specifically replace Mitro with a tall striker just to defend set pieces.

I'm guessing you mean upfront. Personally I am very happy with a front 3 of Cav, Knock & Reid. Got to be the best front 3 in the league and thats without Mitro.

70sPimlico

Quote from: fulhamben on January 19, 2020, 06:28:32 PM
If ak is fit, I would start him. Bobby is a good little player, but he is no lone striker

Absolutely correct. but in a front 3, Reid is superb. Assuming their all fit, I wouldn't change anything but of course, Knock was holding his hamstring. Was anything said about that on he tV?

fulhamben

Quote from: 70sPimlico on January 19, 2020, 06:48:51 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 19, 2020, 06:28:32 PM

Absolutely correct. but in a front 3, Reid is superb. Assuming their all fit, I wouldn't change anything but of course, Knock was holding his hamstring. Was anything said about that on he tV?
we don't really play a front 3 though as cav and knock hug the line. So he is essentially a lone striker.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: grandad on January 18, 2020, 06:15:08 PM

I agree with this...except Kamara should take Stanfield's spot.  Jay should be playing, either for the U23s, U18s or on loan.