watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Josh Onomah

Started by millsy, January 21, 2020, 10:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Hasn't impressed in the first half but he's not alone.

filham

Onomah like the rest of our midfield needs to chip in with a few goals, they are all very talented but lack that bite in the box.

fulhamben

Onomah needs a little rest on the bench for a few games. Good utility player but not good enough to hold one position. Could you think of anyone less suited for playing in a front 3 with his poor end product
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 22, 2020, 09:57:22 PM
Onomah needs a little rest on the bench for a few games. Good utility player but not good enough to hold one position. Could you think of anyone less suited for playing in a front 3 with his poor end product

I'd rather have him over Cairney at the moment - every time Tom tried a pass longer than 5 yards he messed it up tonight, and he offers no physical presence at all. Onomah actually created two chances by winning the ball back in the Charlton half, when has TC ever done that?

Matt10

He created 2 or 3 chances for Reid, Cav and McDonald. Held up the ball well and took on two players at one time on the flank. If anything, he's showing his adaptability and depth.

Milo

Still very confused by what you all see in Onomah but seem to be in the minority.

AnOldBrownie

Would anyone play Paul Pogba as a #6 or as a winger?  No?  Why?

Because he'd look average to poor.

Onomah is midfielder.  Not a winger.    If anyone else should have been on the bench it should have been Arter or TC (and I love TC).

Not sure why you're going in on Josh for Parker playing him out of position (due to injuries).

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 22, 2020, 10:05:19 PM

Onomah is midfielder.  Not a winger.    If anyone else should have been on the bench it should have been Arter or TC (and I love TC).

Not sure why you're going in on Josh for Parker playing him out of position (due to injuries).
because lots of people have a melt down when you point out that Parker is a poor manager
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on January 22, 2020, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: Jim© on January 22, 2020, 09:33:53 AM
I'm never a massive fan of these posts that claim nepotism/underhand reasons for playing someone.
And so why infer that I have?

Based on what Norway staff said it is likely Stefjo has runners knee, which would be similar to Novak Djokovic tennis elbow a few years ago. In 2017, Djokovic was one of the top dozen players in the world but playing poorly by his standards, but after he took a few months off at the end of that year started playing his best again. Stefjo probably needs a little rest before the busy February fixtures, make it through to the playoffs and then take a longer summer rest for full recovery (like Djokovic).

elgreenio

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 22, 2020, 11:36:59 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on January 22, 2020, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: Jim© on January 22, 2020, 09:33:53 AM
I'm never a massive fan of these posts that claim nepotism/underhand reasons for playing someone.
And so why infer that I have?

Based on what Norway staff said it is likely Stefjo has runners knee, which would be similar to Novak Djokovic tennis elbow a few years ago. In 2017, Djokovic was one of the top dozen players in the world but playing poorly by his standards, but after he took a few months off at the end of that year started playing his best again. Stefjo probably needs a little rest before the busy February fixtures, make it through to the playoffs and then take a longer summer rest for full recovery (like Djokovic).

got a link for where they said this? (not saying it's false, just interested in what they said)
So if Norway make it to the Euros and we go on a playoff run he'll be run to the ground with very little rest for next season
touch my camera through the fence

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 22, 2020, 10:49:38 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 22, 2020, 10:05:19 PM

because lots of people have a melt down when you point out that Parker is a poor manager

I don't agree that he's a poor manager.   I think he makes mistakes...but he also makes timely adjustments.

Yesterday, I thought he didn't deal with our loss of Mitro, AK47 and Knock very well.   

But that was one game.   And in no way is my OPINION on him playing Onamah out of position based on anything other than what I've seen in the games.   Scott may have weighed playing Joe Bryan as a winger and thought it was simply smarter to have Josh out there.

Using a player (who a lot here don't even want to see on the pitch) in his less than favorable position didn't work yesterday.   It is what it is.

Dodgin

Dodger53

Really isn't very good.

millsy

Dr Quinzel

He looked anonymous yesterday; not sure moving him around again, after a steady run in one position is helping. Very up and down.

General

Quote from: filham on January 22, 2020, 09:54:34 PM
Onomah like the rest of our midfield needs to chip in with a few goals, they are all very talented but lack that bite in the box.

Agreed on that - think the rational fan touched on it too. We've scored goals in midfield but with the players we have playing at the moment, we're not scoring half as many as we should and in fairness can - Johansen can score goals - Cavaleiro and Reid could do when playing in midfield, but there's a dearth there.... Part of that is having Cairney randomly sitting on the bench to come on for short periods and the mysterious inclusion and then vanishing of Harry Arter - both players who like to score and have a natural ability to do so.

Does anyone know what's happening with Arter and Cairney? I know Harrison Reed is injured, but the other two have had this awkward peripherial figure without it fully being explained it seems.

Facts Not Fiction

Onomah is our best box to box midfielder. He adds a directness, strength and pace to our midfield, that no one else offers. He's been pushed out wide recently due to injuries, where he isn't a natural.

Right now, our best midfield 3 is Onomah McDonald Reid, but we've been restricted of late.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 27, 2020, 10:06:16 AM
Onomah is our best box to box midfielder. He adds a directness, strength and pace to our midfield, that no one else offers. He's been pushed out wide recently due to injuries, where he isn't a natural.

Right now, our best midfield 3 is Onomah McDonald Reid, but we've been restricted of late.

If our back line is "Rodak, Odoi, Hector, Mawson/Kongolo and Bryan" (mostly borderline premier league), with a forward line of "Knockaert, Mitro and Cav" (all borderline premier league), then surely if people are suggesting "McDonald, Onomah and Reid" is our best midfield, then its midfield where we should be upgrading the team.

bog

He didn't exactly bust a gut with his work rate.

092.gif