more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sticking By One's Manager.

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 22, 2020, 06:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: I Ronic on January 22, 2020, 02:02:41 PM
Does it really matter why and how Scott got the job?
If you understand irony, the thread title, well yes, of course it does.

colinwhite

With any manager new to the job hes going to be an easy target to criticise. Fair enough if he doesnt get it right he should go. but having gone for the young manager model part of this concept is to give him time and let him build something at the club. Whilst results are of course important ,so is the building process. Th main reason I , at present ,would back Parker to the hilt is because he clearly has the players behind him . This must surely be something beyond dispute. Whilst this can change quickly I havent seen any signs of this , on the contrary he has more often than not got a reaction from the players when needed. Hes been unlucky with injuries ,but dispite this has coped well. In a few weeks time we could be in the top two,with side taking further strides. Parker has been acused of plenty from favouritsm to incompetence from naivity to tactical ineptitude. We are sitting third and I can see progress ,if we can get consistancy to the table as well then I dont think we will have that much to complain about .

Nero

Currently 4 point off automatic promotion and with a couple of less goalkeeping errors could be in top 2, If we had been Leeds romping 10 points clear then letting it fall away I would be worried but we have had a few ups and down but ridden them out well. Parker is learning on the job but is doing a similar job to 2 managers with a lot more experience. Yes the football can be a bit boring and overplayed but we also have the exciting play like against Millwall and Middlesborough.  The highs haven't got to high but also the lows havent gone on for 2 long and hes stopped them before theyve got to bad. If we fall out the top 6 and on a continued slide I would look at his position

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 22, 2020, 06:10:28 AM
When Southampton lost 0-9 at home to Leicester and sat in the relegation Zone, most fans ours on here included would have been posting,"Get the clown out of it",but the majority of Saints fans believed he was the right man for the job and would turn it around.
It must have been hard for him and them to bounce back from a devastating result like 0-9.
But with the togetherness of the fans and manager they have turned it around and at this moment sit in top half of Premier.
Football fans are a impatient lot,and if we lose tonight there will be the odd few who have stated once or twice before that Scotty is not the man for us.
Its a bleedin hard job being a manager knowing that a couple of bad results can get you the bullet.
So come on show your support for Scotty,who is doing just fine imo in his first job in the game...Coyw 049:gif

:plus one: 082.gif

Nuff said.

grandad

Parker will get us promoted one way or the other. If he fails it is not for the want of trying. I would not regard failing as a complete disaster as not all of any fault lies at the feet of any one person.
Over all the divisions only about 12 managers can call their season great. Does that mean all the others are rubbish.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 22, 2020, 06:10:28 AM
When Southampton lost 0-9 at home to Leicester and sat in the relegation Zone, most fans ours on here included would have been posting,"Get the clown out of it",but the majority of Saints fans believed he was the right man for the job and would turn it around.
It must have been hard for him and them to bounce back from a devastating result like 0-9.
But with the togetherness of the fans and manager they have turned it around and at this moment sit in top half of Premier.
Football fans are a impatient lot,and if we lose tonight there will be the odd few who have stated once or twice before that Scotty is not the man for us.
Its a bleedin hard job being a manager knowing that a couple of bad results can get you the bullet.
So come on show your support for Scotty,who is doing just fine imo in his first job in the game...Coyw 049:gif

Glad you posted this mince and I agree.
I am at a loss as to why there are so many complaints lodged at the "  { Complaints from Angry Ungrateful Genitalmen Department }.
We are in an advantageous position which could strengthened tonight with 1 or 3 points.
I will be naturally disappointed at a defeat, grateful for a draw and ecstatic with a victory no matter how it is achieved, whereupon I shall proceed to carry out handstands and cartwheels on a Zebra Crossing in Oxford Street. 
It's good to be looking forward to the match tonight, let's all relax.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

On the other hand, Watford got Nigel Pearson in and have been strong since. I guess that means that Parker should be sacked.

The big difference is that a lot of Southampton fans did think that Hasenhüttl was working towards something, like how I think most here thought about Jokanovic, has an established track record in Germany and helped them out of relegation last season. Parker obviously doesn't have the track record, and I don't think the team has been on an upward trajectory when it comes to performances.