watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sticking By One's Manager.

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 22, 2020, 06:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

When Southampton lost 0-9 at home to Leicester and sat in the relegation Zone, most fans ours on here included would have been posting,"Get the clown out of it",but the majority of Saints fans believed he was the right man for the job and would turn it around.
It must have been hard for him and them to bounce back from a devastating result like 0-9.
But with the togetherness of the fans and manager they have turned it around and at this moment sit in top half of Premier.
Football fans are a impatient lot,and if we lose tonight there will be the odd few who have stated once or twice before that Scotty is not the man for us.
Its a bleedin hard job being a manager knowing that a couple of bad results can get you the bullet.
So come on show your support for Scotty,who is doing just fine imo in his first job in the game...Coyw 049:gif

Twig

Great post Mince. I hope the same will turn out to be the case for Bournemouth.  And I agree we should be getting 100% behind SP and the team.

bog

Quote from: bog on January 22, 2020, 07:43:13 AM
Totally agree. It has been a phenomenal turn around at Southampton and we have to really get behind all involved at Fulham.   049:gif

SuffolkWhite

It's about expectations and fans have different one's, my expectation this season was top 6. The way we played against Boro the other night has given me hope that consistency has finally arrived. And yes we have to get behind the team come what may.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RaySmith

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 22, 2020, 06:10:28 AM
When Southampton lost 0-9 at home to Leicester and sat in the relegation Zone, most fans ours on here included would have been posting,"Get the clown out of it",but the majority of Saints fans believed he was the right man for the job and would turn it around.
It must have been hard for him and them to bounce back from a devastating result like 0-9.
But with the togetherness of the fans and manager they have turned it around and at this moment sit in top half of Premier.
Football fans are a impatient lot,and if we lose tonight there will be the odd few who have stated once or twice before that Scotty is not the man for us.
Its a bleedin hard job being a manager knowing that a couple of bad results can get you the bullet.
So come on show your support for Scotty,who is doing just fine imo in his first job in the game...Coyw 049:gif

0001.jpeg

toshes mate

We show our support for FFC every time we go to a game and even through every comment on here.  That is indicative of our passion for FFC.   That is how we get behind our team and whilst some comments may annoy us we don't need a soap box banger calling us to arms just because a few get edgy about the doubters.  If they care their comments will continue.  What should worry us more is when they stop commenting. 

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: toshes mate on January 22, 2020, 08:23:51 AM
We show our support for FFC every time we go to a game and even through every comment on here.  That is indicative of our passion for FFC.   That is how we get behind our team and whilst some comments may annoy us we don't need a soap box banger calling us to arms just because a few get edgy about the doubters.  If they care their comments will continue.  What should worry us more is when they stop commenting. 

I've been called a few things in my time but a Soap box banger,that's a new one.
Still its made the wife laugh,that'll be her feckin new name for me now.😁

ALG01

I think parker has made too many errors and I do not think he has really got a handle on his best team/formation.
I do not call for his head because he has not had long enough in the job... we shall see.
I do think his obsession with onomah is troubling and I do not like the way too often we play with two of three midfielders way too advanced meaning we have massive holes in the center of the pitch..... BUT we are third and the next few games will be exciting so let's see how it all shapes up..... He also has the same problem as his predecessors, namely hios boss is an amateur so that cannot help.

ffcthereligion

Parker is not the right man to get this team up. There is talk of expectation in this thread, you can make the case that mine is too high but I believe this squad should be winning the league at a canter. The division is shocking this year and there is no standout side. Leeds and WBA have looked the best despite no discernible improvement from last year.

Sadly i believe we will lose in the play off semi's as our managers football is easy to predict and is too pedestrian. Over two legs I believe we will be found out. It is only when our best players start to leave and we have a much tougher task next season with strong sides being relegated from the premier league that we will realise what an opportunity we squandered out of blind loyalty to 'Scotty' simply because he's one of the lads.

That said, I of course hope i'm wrong. At no point will I vocally dissent against Parker because i do believe in loyalty to individuals who have been good servants to the club and have done a job for us.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 22, 2020, 10:11:01 AM
Parker is not the right man to get this team up. There is talk of expectation in this thread, you can make the case that mine is too high but I believe this squad should be winning the league at a canter. The division is shocking this year and there is no standout side. Leeds and WBA have looked the best despite no discernible improvement from last year.

Sadly i believe we will lose in the play off semi's as our managers football is easy to predict and is too pedestrian. Over two legs I believe we will be found out. It is only when our best players start to leave and we have a much tougher task next season with strong sides being relegated from the premier league that we will realise what an opportunity we squandered out of blind loyalty to 'Scotty' simply because he's one of the lads.

That said, I of course hope i'm wrong. At no point will I vocally dissent against Parker because i do believe in loyalty to individuals who have been good servants to the club and have done a job for us.

Spot on, I was always against the appointment in the first place, Parker is learning and we really don't have time. Two of Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford or West Ham are coming down. I think these teams are ready to kill us in the preseason transfer market in terms of budget so they will have the expensive players next season, so next year Parker tactics will need to be better than Dean Smith and Eddie Howe. If West Ham go down you can instantly write-off one automatic promotion spot now, they have run up profits the last few years and could spend more than Newcastle did going down.

Jim©

You could argue that, after our best start to a campaign for 19 years, that actually blind faith wasn't keeping Parker here, but results.
People quickly forget how bad last season was and what damage it does to players and morale. When clubs get relegated people lose their jobs, employees often get paid less, players leave etc. To turnaround the feeling within a club so quickly is testament to the job he's done. Look at Cardiff & Huddersfield, look at Stoke still reeling after their relegation. Yes we have a good team (I'd argue that W Brom's is better, Leeds better experienced after last season).

If our football is too easy to predict, how did the much heralded Bielsa get beat with relative ease? How did we embarrass Bilic's West Brom for 65 mins until Betts threw the points away?
The subtle changes we've seen in the last few games has actually made me think that Parker and his team are really improving and working out how we win more games this season.

colinwhite

Good post Jim -Totally agree. Good OP too.

Andy S

I too have criticised Parker. I have never thought he was the best man for the job.However he is in the job and while he is I will continue to support him. He may go on to be a very good manager elsewhere but here he is learning his trade and mistakes will be made. That needn't have been the case but it is what it is

Fulham1959

Quote from: colinwhite on January 22, 2020, 10:51:49 AM

I agree in both respects.

Football fans are too quick to judge players, managers, owners and thus it will always be.  All of the time it has to be an instant (or relatively instant) result.  Another poster wrote "Parker is learning and we really don't have time" :  Really ?  We haven't won a major trophy in 140 years of trying, so there's always time.  Just enjoy the journey, the ups and downs that will always be there.  It may be a journey to nowhere but it's been a sort of masochistic fun for me for 61 years.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham1959 on January 22, 2020, 11:30:57 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on January 22, 2020, 10:51:49 AM

I agree in both respects.

Football fans are too quick to judge players, managers, owners and thus it will always be.  All of the time it has to be an instant (or relatively instant) result.  Another poster wrote "Parker is learning and we really don't have time" :  Really ?  We haven't won a major trophy in 140 years of trying, so there's always time.  Just enjoy the journey, the ups and downs that will always be there.  It may be a journey to nowhere but it's been a sort of masochistic fun for me for 61 years.

👍

toshes mate

And Parker is here today because of what precisely? 

A blindingly clever revelation that came to the Khans one Saturday afternoon in February last year or the consequences of their own ill judgements? 

ALG01

'Parker is not the right man to get this team up.'
I know it is your opinion and there is a good case to be made that you are right BUT the case fr the defence is...
He is a new young manager and has obviously made some mistakes. I think he wobbled for a while but with the addition of Hector and a return to form of Knock plus bobby reid finally becoming a full time first team player things are looking up. Leeds and WBA are clearly not any better than the rest so we are ideally placed to capitalise and parker does seem to be becoming more pragmatic... I suggest parker may well be the right man to get us up but what happens then is perhaps more of an issue.

whatever else, I do believe mr parker is water mtight until the end of this season, and rightly so because he needs a full season, so klet's just enjoy the ride because it should be exciting from here on.

jarv

Good post and discussion. Top 6, no doubt about it. Position today i good. If it was a horse race, how often do pace setters win? Rarely. Sitting in 3rd or 4th is good for the long run.

Spirit of 2000

Far from convinced still with Parker but the 1st half hour vs Boro is in my opinion the best we've played all season plus he got his subs right. As others elsewhere have said I'm a bit dubious on his obsession with Onomah who whilst improved greatly isn't (IMO) one of our best starting options in midfield. The tempo and lack of sideways and backwards play has improved of late and I'm maybe now in a position where I'd give him the benefit due to that and hope he can get us up. However fail to gain promotion,  even losing in playoffs and he would have failed in my book and need to go for that.

I Ronic

Quote from: toshes mate on January 22, 2020, 01:05:53 PM
And Parker is here today because of what precisely? 

A blindingly clever revelation that came to the Khans one Saturday afternoon in February last year or the consequences of their own ill judgements?

Al Fayed gave the job and a lot of money to Sanchez which didn't work out. So he opted for a manager who had a lot of experience abroad albeit not spending much time at each club and his experience in this country was limited. That worked out well.
Does it really matter why and how Scott got the job. At the moment we're third with a chance this evening to move that bit closer to what everybody at the Club and every Fulham fan wants. Another tilt at promotion.