News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McComack is free .. temporary striker?

Started by Robbie, January 23, 2020, 02:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

FFC1987

Nope. Never want him at the club again. Appreciate what he did for us but the guys got a poor attitude.

Robbie

He may be a bit more compliant now .. out of contract .. a year or two left to play.
Legs may have gone though.

MikeTheCubed

sunburywhite

Only if he lives in a house with no gates and nowhere near a Greggs
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Andy S

There are a lot of players with bad attitudes. He always gave his best for us. It was only at the back end of his career that the money became more important. And he had trouble with the gates

charlieFFC

Ross was probably one of my favourite Fulham players in terms of play style but he is probably a bit passed it now.

Also, even in his prime don't think he would be the focal point our team and style requires.

charlieFFC

Quote from: Andy S on January 23, 2020, 03:33:45 PM
There are a lot of players with bad attitudes. He always gave his best for us. It was only at the back end of his career that the money became more important. And he had trouble with the gates

100% this. They say a leopard never changes its spots, but I can't remember too many times he caused issues with us (possible memory loss)

When you read the reports online and twitter I always feel like "that can't be the Ross we knew".

ALG01

we need a temporary striker, he is out of a job, he knows where the goal is and I suspect our style would really suit him. I have heard worse suggestions. If it doesn't work out what have we lost?

FFC1987

Sorry, but his entire career has been a money grab....there's a reason in the game he's known as McContract. Its not a 'new' or later in his career thing but wherever he was, he would sign on, do reasonably well and try to get a better contract within 6 months or threaten to leave. He's really not what we need. Maybe he had a bad agent or advisors but he's absolutely not what we need.

Robbie

ByTheRiver

Absolutely, categorically, in no uncertain terms, no.

Might as well get Chris Martin back too.

Jesus.

FFC1987

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 23, 2020, 04:15:05 PM
Absolutely, categorically, in no uncertain terms, no.

Might as well get Chris Martin back too.

Jesus.

This. Its funny you mention both those names actually. Has anyone watched the Sunderland till I die series? Both basically used Sunderland to get bumper deals elsewhere and hung them out to dry. Not that, thats a poor reflection on them as, at the end of the day, its a business, but it's funny seeing those names banded around so much.

filham

We really are desperate for a temporary striker, there should be a good short term deal there for both club and player.

Also is Crouch out of work, if so I would prefer him for awhile.

gang

Just offer Crouch a new mobile phone per goal.