more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Top 2 wobbling

Started by bobbo, January 21, 2020, 08:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2020, 10:21:05 PM
I think we have to look back at defeats to Barnsley, Stoke City, Reading, Bristol City and PNE, not tonight. As we were away to a team that were fighting for their status, and without Mitro, AK 47 and Knockie which clearly blunted our attack.
The positives were that it was another clean sheet which is becoming a good habit, but we seem to have a problem up the other end at the moment.
Now is the time for cool and calm heads, not supporters spitting their dummies out as I am sure we will get the usual suspects doing exactly that with their hidden agendas.
Three clean sheets in a row, twice as much possession and twice as many shots at goal. We are not the finished article, and most of us know that, but we are getting there.

I hope you aren't suggesting I have some sort of hidden agenda.....But your first point is why a result like this is worse now. Without too many of the poor results already, a point away to bottom 10 is ok but we can't really afford to settle for these results. Which is why I'm quite frankly, stunned, that we seemed to set up for a draw as the game went on. That's not what a top side does to an our of form, struggling bottom 10 side.....

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 22, 2020, 10:26:02 PM
I think we have to look back at defeats to Barnsley, Stoke City, Reading, Bristol City and PNE, not tonight. As we were away to a team that were fighting for their status, and without Mitro, AK 47 and Knockie which clearly blunted our attack.
The positives were that it was another clean sheet which is becoming a good habit, but we seem to have a problem up the other end at the moment.
Now is the time for cool and calm heads, not supporters spitting their dummies out as I am sure we will get the usual suspects doing exactly that with their hidden agendas.
Three clean sheets in a row, twice as much possession and twice as many shots at goal. We are not the finished article, and most of us know that, but we are getting there.

I hope you aren't suggesting I have some sort of hidden agenda.....But your first point is why a result like this is worse now. Without too many of the poor results already, a point away to bottom 10 is ok but we can't really afford to settle for these results. Which is why I'm quite frankly, stunned, that we seemed to set up for a draw as the game went on. That's not what a top side does to an our of form, struggling bottom 10 side.....

At the time i had not read your post before I wrote mine, so I am not suggesting anything, but if the cap fits wear it, only you know how you feel, and that's what counts.
But obtaining an away draw under the circumstances is no disaster. How do you think Forest feel dropping two home points tonight. Nobody can walk on water in this Division especially.
One of the biggest mistakes we can make is to look at a League table and deduce that because a team is in the bottom half, it's a nailed on win for us, that is setting yourself up for many disapointments.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2020, 10:41:16 PM

But obtaining an away draw under the circumstances is no disaster. How do you think Forest feel dropping two home points tonight. Nobody can walk on water in this Division especially.
One of the biggest mistakes we can make is to look at a League table and deduce that because a team is in the bottom half, it's a nailed on win for us, that is setting yourself up for many disapointments.

A draw is fine, but getting an xG (not including Hectors header) of 0.47 against Charlton is pathetic. WBA and Leeds didn't score on the weekend but are still creating good chances getting >1.3 xG. This means if we repeat the game with all the chances created we'd expect a score of 0-0 again. Without Mitro we seem incapable of breaking down a low block which means if another team score first in the playoff we are probably out.

FFC1987

At the time i had not read your post before I wrote mine, so I am not suggesting anything, but if the cap fits wear it, only you know how you feel, and that's what counts.

Well, the cap doesn't fit for me. I hold no agenda, I just think we should be beating this Charlton poor side but decided a draw would suffice which is strange. Forest will be more disappointed sure, albeit they played a in form Reading side. Currently in top 3 I believe whereas we played the team ranked 20th in the form guide so bit of a difference. Plus, I don't think Forest think they can make top 2, maybe i'm wrong but they don't have the squad for it whereas....we do..... 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 22, 2020, 10:56:40 PM

Well, the cap doesn't fit for me. I hold no agenda, I just think we should be beating this Charlton poor side but decided a draw would suffice which is strange. Forest will be more disappointed sure, albeit they played a in form Reading side. Currently in top 3 I believe whereas we played the team ranked 20th in the form guide so bit of a difference. Plus, I don't think Forest think they can make top 2, maybe i'm wrong but they don't have the squad for it whereas....we do..... 

Yes we do have the squad to challenge for top two, injuries permitting, but I am realistic enough to realise that not everything goes according to plan and the word fickle is not in any dictionary owned by me. So it's always best to lower your expectations where Fulham are concerned, because if you cannot, then you may have to prepare yourself for more disappointments, as for me I am only interested in the next match, that's all that matters, nothing we can do about vlast night, so I advise not to dwell on it. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 23, 2020, 01:08:38 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 22, 2020, 10:56:40 PM

Yes we do have the squad to challenge for top two, injuries permitting, but I am realistic enough to realise that not everything goes according to plan and the word fickle is not in any dictionary owned by me. So it's always best to lower your expectations where Fulham are concerned, because if you cannot, then you may have to prepare yourself for more disappointments, as for me I am only interested in the next match, that's all that matters, nothing we can do about vlast night, so I advise not to dwell on it.

Fair and reasonable response.