https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scapegoats

Started by Peabody, January 23, 2020, 07:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Logicalman on January 28, 2020, 05:22:45 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 28, 2020, 02:00:14 AM
We have given this young manager a chance to learn his trade and if he LEARNS to be a good manager at Fulham, but we miss out on promotion twice, then no parachute payments means Fulham won't be able to afford the players he wants and we won't be able to afford Scott Parker's wages (onc he is highly rated) so he'll move on to a bigger club.

Do we want to be a club where people learn football, before those people move on to the premier league? With the most expensive squad, I think we had more chance of being promoted with some average with lots of experience that isn't improving as a coach (like Chris Hughton). We need to get promoted this season or next season or we could be down here for a very very long time.

So are you saying the SP will NOT learn his trade and so we should get shot of him, or we should let him continue learning his trade with the expectation that he will get us promoted by season 2021/22 for sure?

If the former, then why not give him until the end of this season and then, if he's not improving, get one of those "average Joe's with with lots of experience that isn't improving as a coach" in to get us promoted next season? If the latter, however, then at what point next season do we deem that Scotty isn't learning enough and try to get shot of him and get one of those "average Joe's with lots of experience that isn't improving as a coach" in to guarantee that promotion?

Lastly, can you actually guarantee promotion, either this year or next, with one of those "average Joe's with with lots of experience that isn't improving as a coach" either way?

Parker is learning his trade, but we need a proven coach.
In 2019/20, he has the most expensive team and is coming fourth.
In 2020/21, he will have the third most expensive team and my guess is we will make the playoffs.
In 2021/22, we will have the seventh most expensive and making the playoffs will prove he is a good. 
In 2022/23, we will have around the 10th most expensive team, Parker will move on to a better club.

Yes, I think there are a lot of coaches that could take the most expensive team by miles and miles to the top of the table. In a few seasons, we will be looking for a coach that can take the 10th most expensive squad to the premier league.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Peabody on January 23, 2020, 07:38:07 PM
I see the usual practice of seeking scapegoats raises it's head again, particularly after our team not performing to the expected level. So Tom and Ivan are the latest targets. I suppose the star critics could just walk into the team and perform at the same level game after game.

Posts like this make me laugh.

We have under performed - there are reasons for this. Attributing as to whom and why that isn't is 'scapegoating'. If you don't find an issue or discuss it, you'll never resolve it.

As for the whole 'you couldn't do it thing'. Great argument. I doubt some of the players could re-wire an RCD, but they'd probably be a bit upset if their house was plunged into darkness after some shoddy electrician work too.

A forum should be a place we can discuss all things Fulham - the good and the bad. What is working, celebrating it. What is not working, and discussing how to improve it.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 23, 2020, 11:06:10 PM
I don't agree with your opinion but i'll respect it. Some really poorly thought out accusations above and to be honest, the original post was a pointless attempt to cause argument anyway.

Ding ding ding

Peabody

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on January 29, 2020, 11:53:34 AM
Quote from: Peabody on January 23, 2020, 07:38:07 PM
I see the usual practice of seeking scapegoats raises it's head again, particularly after our team not performing to the expected level. So Tom and Ivan are the latest targets. I suppose the star critics could just walk into the team and perform at the same level game after game.

Posts like this make me laugh.

We have under performed - there are reasons for this. Attributing as to whom and why that isn't is 'scapegoating'. If you don't find an issue or discuss it, you'll never resolve it.

As for the whole 'you couldn't do it thing'. Great argument. I doubt some of the players could re-wire an RCD, but they'd probably be a bit upset if their house was plunged into darkness after some shoddy electrician work too.

A forum should be a place we can discuss all things Fulham - the good and the bad. What is working, celebrating it. What is not working, and discussing how to improve it.

Well, I am glad I made you laugh, perhaps I should resurrect the NFR Joke posts (don't worry, I won't). This was not written to cause an argument but it was written to show that some, if not all, get fed up with the continued carping and moaning about our team and if you look back, you will find, every member of our team has, in turn, be called useless and doesn't deserve the shirt. OK, they are opinions but quite a few think that their opinion is fact.

(Just a bit of Quote cleaning Sir!)

filham

Stop. Time to think about Saturday with fresh optimism and 11 players all of whom are going to do their best and we for our part must get behind each and every one them with our full support.

Forget all about last Sunday , The Huddersfield game is more important to us.

Dr Quinzel

Where else but on a messageboard would you expect Fulham fans to vent their feelings of what they have seen. It's cathartic for many.

Anyway, as Filham has said - onto Saturday.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dragoman on January 24, 2020, 12:25:04 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 23, 2020, 10:52:09 PM
I find it hard to understand why Fulham and our players and our manager currently in third place, get so much criticism from its own supporters. Everything every error, miss or goals conceded are dissected so harshly, I find it hard to comprehend. It is not as though we have a Trophy Cabinet the size of Real Madrid's. That I could understand as the fans are use to success.
But the last time they opened up Fulhams Trophy Cabinet a pile of Tumbleweed blew out.
.....together with a tattered copy of Tommy Trinder's joke book.

Blimey that joke book must have been very thin.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.